List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: will update if ppl happy for this to sticky

Ok starting the hit list of names mentioned in any rumour as linked to us for 2023 trade period.
  • Mac Andrew
  • Hunter Clark
  • Zac Fisher
  • Sam Flanders
  • Mitch Georgiades
  • Liam Henry
  • Dougal Howard
  • Lewis Melican
  • Jack Silvagni
  • Dylan Stephens
  • Adam Tomlinson

Last edited:

Not sure I've ever watched Melican play and I wouldn't even know what Baldwin looks like. But as they both play at teams that are actively looking to replace them with McKay, it gives a fair idea of how they are rated. Losing McKay is going to set us back a fair way I think.

However, if he's set on going, at least we should be compensated adequately, and probably don't have any choice other than to go for other teams rejects.

Baldwin would be valuable because he can play at either end. But Melican has shown more are as a defender - I think people who have watched him would say.

Melican is a solid one on one does the basics nothing more nothing less...is a role for him

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Make no mistake, losing McKay is a big step in the wrong direction. We most likely get pick 2, but pick 2 is still 3/4 years away from being an A grader at AFL level.

We are already thin on Key Position players and any of the players we’ve been linked to aren’t even close to being capable of playing on the big boys like Hawkins & Dixon. This is compounded by the fact that Corr sucks and we’ve lost Logue for the vast majority of next year.

All the top 4 sides have an elite 195+cm intercepting/lock down defender and unfortunately we are looking down the barrel of losing ours right when he is entering his prime.

Not sure I've ever watched Melican play and I wouldn't even know what Baldwin looks like. But as they both play at teams that are actively looking to replace them with McKay, it gives a fair idea of how they are rated. Losing McKay is going to set us back a fair way I think.

However, if he's set on going, at least we should be compensated adequately, and probably don't have any choice other than to go for other teams rejects.
Hopefully he looks a bit younger than his brothers!
Screenshot 2023-08-26 133702.png

You cant look at it in isolation like that... it's not just a case of who is better btw the 3. I'm sure if he was simply out of contract then we would have signed him up... he isn't set on going both parties doing what's best.. he is seeing if he can extract 750-800 out of the mkt, we have a potential pick 2 on our hands

Make no mistake, losing McKay is a big step in the wrong direction. We most likely get pick 2, but pick 2 is still 3/4 years away from being an A grader at AFL level.

We are already thin on Key Position players and any of the players we’ve been linked to aren’t even close to being capable of playing on the big boys like Hawkins & Dixon. This is compounded by the fact that Corr sucks and we’ve lost Logue for the vast majority of next year.

All the top 4 sides have an elite 195+cm intercepting/lock down defender and unfortunately we are looking down the barrel of losing ours right when he is entering his prime.
I can't agree with this.

McKay is miles from being elite. He is a good 1 vs 1 player but he has proven to be average in a team defence and is very slow hand by foot. He's a decent defender but he is miles off being elite when benchmarked against Darcy Moore or Stephen May who i deem elite. Corr also doesnt suck.

Getting pick 2 and picking up a player like Melican is a significant win IMO.

Your argument against Baldwin though is contradictory given Melican is also 193 plus not the quickest either...

Melican is a better defender regardless of the height. Would rather McKay stays fwiw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking at his body language no way is Thomas leaving

Looking at buckets too, he doesn't look like leaving... although the fact he was 2nd last to souva doing the Lao, could be interpreted as farewell too

We’ll take pick 2, we’ll take pick 3, we’ll probably trade pick 4 (>5) off GC, no third wooden spoon, no losing streak starting 2024, and to top it off WCE aren’t even guaranteed to take Reid.

Wtf are some ppl complaining about!?

And also showcased what we have building for any prospective trades.... ie Flanders did you see that!

How did lazarro, dawson and perez go today?
Lazzaro did well linking up through the midfield and providing solid service to the forward line, definitely has talent just might be tough going as he will be down the pecking order for us youd think with our midfield. Provides solid depth though, unless he can work on his forward game to be a flanker rotating through.

Dawson had some real good moments which I thought showed he could best 22, should have had more of a look in through the year imo. I would rookie list him for depth given logue out and McKay possibly leaving but he might be made to wait until after the draft finishes as to whether that’s confirmed.

Perez was no where to be seen, didn’t do himself any favours

l would even keep Dawson if McKay stays..The backline functioned very well today. McKay, Dawson, Corr, Bergman, Goater and Sheezel..
Everything functioned well today .
Dead rubber , heat of a normal game was down by 30% , playing GC , 15th on the ladder , in tassie with a fill in coach .
You guys are delusional & desperate getting much out of today .
Ffs

Lazzaro did well linking up through the midfield and providing solid service to the forward line, definitely has talent just might be tough going as he will be down the pecking order for us youd think with our midfield. Provides solid depth though, unless he can work on his forward game to be a flanker rotating through.

Dawson had some real good moments which I thought showed he could best 22, should have had more of a look in through the year imo. I would rookie list him for depth given logue out and McKay possibly leaving but he might be made to wait until after the draft finishes as to whether that’s confirmed.

Perez was no where to be seen, didn’t do himself any favours
I'd give lazarro a half back role next year. Bit of pace and a nice kick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back