Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s the go with Henry? Seem to remember him being drafted as a small forward, was he not getting a crack in that position at freo or not playing well?
Only shown a pulse as an AFL player with Freo when playing as an outside mid.. was hopeless when played as a small forward which is a shame because we need one so desperately…

Coming into this thread after a long day at work:

donald glover pizza GIF

Can Blanck play as a CHB? He has good speed and skills for a big guy but even through Box Hill he's always been a defensive stopper.

B: Sicily McKay Hardwick
HB: Weddle Blanck Jiath

Would that work? I'm not certain.

He can play further up the ground but it’s not his strength due to lack of intercept marking ability which is important for a CHB. Every team has at least two tall forwards so he might still find a place as our number 2 tall defender.

This is what I feel our backline will look like in 2024:
B: Blanck Esava Hardwick
HB: Weddle Mcabbe Sicily

I don’t think we will get McKay, sounds like we might get Esava. Other clubs have already put time into McKay. We are too late to the party.

Hopefully we will draft O’Sullivan or Murphy who can upgrade the position when ready.

Sicily to roam free but further up the field. He gets caught out by bigger opponents when he is in the back 30meter zone.

57,000,000 over 500 years

*no payment once the bucket has been kicked
That contract will inflate his value and Geelong will want Luke Hodges genetic material to produce future father sons, our next 999 first round draft picks and the 1989 and 2008 premierships , I’d give up the draft picks but we’re keeping the rest!

He can play further up the ground but it’s not his strength due to lack of intercept marking ability which is important for a CHB. Every team has at least two tall forwards so he might still find a place as our number 2 tall defender.

I don’t think we will get McKay, sounds like we might get Esava. Other clubs have already put time into McKay. We are too late to the party.

Hopefully we will draft O’Sullivan or Murphy who can upgrade the position when ready.

Sicily to roam free but further up the field. He gets caught out by bigger opponents when he is in the back 30meter zone.
I would be absolutely flabbergasted if McCabe is our CHB next year
Flabbergasted

I very much doubt McCabe will be playing much if any senior footy in 2024.

Looking at it purely with improvement to spots on the list.

McKay replaces Frost.
Henry replaces Morrison.
Ratugolea replaces Kosi.
Gresham replaces Brockman.

Tarryn Thomas reportedly wants out of Norf.

Real dickhead but gee he's a talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only shown a pulse as an AFL player with Freo when playing as an outside mid.. was hopeless when played as a small forward which is a shame because we need one so desperately…
Real shame. Hawks supporter as a kid too, grew up idolising Cyril, but didn't show much of that in his career at Freo.

I don't particularly rate Henry and would rather we use Brockman to upgrade a pick (Brockman and 29 for WCE's 19 for example).

Reality is Brockman has not shown the same ability at AFL level that Henry has. He's shown classy flashes, and that's it.

His first season he averaged just under 9 touches and less than a goal a game. He didn't play his second season, and his third season he averaged just under 12 touches and less than a goal a game.

Brockman hasn't taken any large steps in his development at AFL level as yet (or at least it hasn't translated into better performances) and is still just untapped potential.

Regarding Henry i haven't noticed him to much in games is the only way this happens with Brockman attached ?

I thought we would be better suited dealing with WCE if that's a pick swap for 19. A player like Ryan or a big package to try and land pick #1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back