Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastic! Would have taken too valuable draft capital for very little evidence of performance. Also we don’t need him he’s a one position player and we have options for right wing like mackenzie weddle CJ. F1 and 29 fir suns r1 here we come!

Any updates on a potential brocky trade? I remember reading on here that we would only trade him for a first rounder but its tough to see eagles giving that up, and now with henry to st kilda looks unlikely that a trade would happen with freo

Any updates on a potential brocky trade? I remember reading on here that we would only trade him for a first rounder but its tough to see eagles giving that up, and now with henry to st kilda looks unlikely that a trade would happen with freo

We'll have to accept whatever WCE want to give us for Brockman. We're in a tough spot due to their wooden spoon.

Fantastic! Would have taken too valuable draft capital for very little evidence of performance. Also we don’t need him he’s a one position player and we have options for right wing like mackenzie weddle CJ. F1 and 29 fir suns r1 here we come!
Eh I’m certainly not overly worried about whether or not we landed Henry but the cost would have been essentially 28 most likely which is a pick that will be eaten up by a McCabe bid. Cost wise it made a ton of sense. I’m saying that I’m still not sold on him as a player so it is what it is.

Eh I’m certainly not overly worried about whether or not we landed Henry but the cost would have been essentially 28 most likely which is a pick that will be eaten up by a McCabe bid. Cost wise it made a ton of sense. I’m saying that I’m still not sold on him as a player so it is what it is.
Use 28 to help us grade to pick 1 or land the suns number 4.

Hawks you gave it your best shot, back to the draft! We build this place from the bottom up again with our eyes firmly on success.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Use 28 to help us trade to pick 1 or land the suns number 4.

Hawks you gave it your best shot, back to the draft! We will build this place from the bottom up again with our eyes firmly on success.

Last edited:
I know that people like new toys but I am scratching my head trying to understand whether Henry is any better than Bramble if at all. And Bramble is borderline getting delisted even though he stands out and dominates in the VFL. Has Henry ever done that?

What is the the fascination with Henry other than Freo selecting him early in a draft

I know that people like new toys but I am scratching my head trying to understand whether Henry is any better than Bramble if at all. And Bramble is borderline getting delisted even though he stands out and dominates in the VFL. Has Henry ever done that?

What is the the fascination with Henry other than Freo selecting him early in a draft

If we actually played Bramble in his position on a wing, he actually may make it.

Not sure why we have to turn every player into a half back flank. For the love of footy they even did it to Serong!

Please stop with the get eaten up by McCabe bid nonsense. Of course we aren’t dumb enough to let a valuable draft asset simply match a bid. we will only need something like 38 to add to our 48 to match for McCabe so it can be used to enable our early pick plays.

I know some people won’t be happy but I mentioned it earlier that Henry doesn’t move the needle for us. Plays in a position that is occupied by superior players, plus the potential move of cj and weddle to the wings. No point just going out and getting players for the sake of it. They actually have to make a difference to the team

For my money they will absolutely move on Duursma. Jason Cripps is a grub but god damn it he gets the job done.

Port are the prime example of brutal list desicions that are totally justified down the line, most other clubs would not have traded Impey, Howard, Wingard, Hombsch, Ladhams, Frampton, Young, Ah Chee and Ryder. Pushing Polec and Pittard out the door and letting Amon walk.

They'll push whoever they need to off the boat and they'll aquire players and future picks they need. Bit more of that needed at the Hawks

I know some people won’t be happy but I mentioned it earlier that Henry doesn’t move the needle for us. Plays in a position that is occupied by superior players, plus the potential move of cj and weddle to the wings. No point just going out and getting players for the sake of it. They actually have to make a difference to the team
Who exactly are these superior players ? Amon is being turned into a half back (read season reviews). Our wings are then Ward, Morrison etc.

Just reported his connection with Brad hill helped his decision
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

As confident as McKay going to $wans as I was of Brockman going home earlier in the year. Exactly what they need and AFL will do what ever it takes to help them make this happen - you can bookmark it

Dude it’s McKay - if there was sinister intent here to the extent you think there is they’d be getting a much better player than him. Sydney are losing Franklin, Hickey and McCartin and have a fairly young and inexperienced side. They’d absolutely have the cap to go hard for him. I don’t see the consternation with Sydney getting McKay here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back