Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t let the F/A trades get you down! Watch todays Boxhill game!

There’s a lot of talent pushing through …. I have Ramsden pushing for CHF / Ruck in 2024.

Young Bailey MacDonald and Sammy Butler will not be fair behind in their positions. Bailey is front based on desire only!

For my money they will absolutely move on Duursma. Jason Cripps is a grub but god damn it he gets the job done.

Port are the prime example of brutal list desicions that are totally justified down the line, most other clubs would not have traded Impey, Howard, Wingard, Hombsch, Ladhams, Frampton, Young, Ah Chee and Ryder. Pushing Polec and Pittard out the door and letting Amon walk.

They'll push whoever they need to off the boat and they'll aquire players and future picks they need. Bit more of that needed at the Hawks
Shit you make it sound like they have achieved something in doing so.

Who exactly are these superior players ? Amon is being turned into a half back (read season reviews). Our wings are then Ward, Morrison etc.
Amon played 3 games at half back while struggling with knee soreness. He’s an AA squad winger. Ward in his second year already shows way more promise than what Henry has shown. Talk of cj and weddle being moved to the wings. Not an area we’re short of options. Hell even Morrison isn’t that far off Henry and he’s becoming a depth player

Oh don't worry, I agree it would be a massive coup for him to get picked up at 4 (5 after Norf get the compo). I don't have him in that top bracket, and I'd be pretty shocled if anyone before the Cats picked him up. But if it does happen, I'll back the club and their decision making.
Could be anything like any draftee. But he does not the personality that we take at the draft. Possibly a personality we steer clear from.

Don’t let the F/A trades get you down! Watch todays Boxhill game!

There’s a lot of talent pushing through …. I have Ramsden pushing for CHF / Ruck in 2024.

Young Bailey MacDonald and Sammy Butler will not be fair behind in their positions. Bailey is front based on desire only!
Exactly!!! Build and develop from within. Attack the draft again. Natural improvement, the trade targets and free agents will line up to join in 1-2 years.

To get through an AFL preseason is nontrivial. I guess you mean that he doesn't have that 'make it at all cost' mentality. It's nice when players have that, but plenty still make it without being prepared to die for the cause. Chris Mew was a good example. Not comparing him to Jeka as a footballer, just attitude. I reckon we look at players like Jeka, who are different, and because they don't fit a template or ideal, we make negative assessments.

Jeka's intensity wanes from minute by minute let alone week by week.

You don't need a Sam Mitchell level of work ethic and professionalism to make it as an AFL footballer especially when you are gifted with his tools. My question over Jeka and I'm assuming the coaching staff as a whole is whether he has the minimum level of professionalism required.

There's a reason a guy with his talent and ability is playing VFL. Even more damning with our side screaming out for a competent key position player.

HFC trade Pick #3 to GCS

GCS trade pick #4 + Mabior Chol to HFC

GCS trade pick 3 + Sharpe + Hollands + Graham to WCE

WCE trade Pick #1 + #54 to GCS

Hawks get KPF whilst dropping only 1 spot.

WCE get 3 x best 22 players and still a high draft pick

GCS get Harley Reid
IF we could wanted Chol (and that's a massive IF) with Ben King and adding Walter there is no place for him. The standard practice for this is for us to offer you a future forth rather than try to facilitate you getting the two best players in the draft

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol i guess JHF, rioli, rozee, butters, duursma, marshall, aliir, dixon, burton, bergman, finlayson are chop liver to you big thinker
You deliberately didn’t touch on the fact they have achieved zilch, nothing, nada, **** all. You can convince yourself otherwise if you like

Please stop with the get eaten up by McCabe bid nonsense. Of course we aren’t dumb enough to let a valuable draft asset simply match a bid. we will only need something like 38 to add to our 48 to match for McCabe so it can be used to enable our early pick plays.
It isn’t nonsense.. adding a good best 22 player for a very little cost would have made a lot of sense. The cost was going to be minimal. It is nonsense to suggest otherwise

How do we keep on missing on every player?
Cleary saying Brad Hill and Ross Lyon relationships were why he decided on Saints…that’s simply this years version of Dangerfield’s insider trading last year

Deciding to play on the wing on a smaller ground an interesting choice but the reported price making me feel better about the nomination

licensed-image

Don’t reply care about Henry choosing the Saints. I wonder what the financial offer was compared to ours.

He would’ve been an interesting pick up but his ball use is terrible, might’ve been another Lachie Bramble.

We're down the bottom of the ladder. I completely understand why players are looking elsewhere. They want to win.

Now, we've shown that we're competitive and exciting with a great coach, but I feel we're a little bit away before we become the destination club.

Wise man once said "Great teams are built not by strength but by perseverance."

Yeh not that upset about missing Henry.

I've long held the opinion he was a potato. Turned his career around but don't think he has any higher ceiling than our current wing group.

A lot of the time we’re competing with clubs who’ve been speaking with said player for months even years. Like we were with Amon last year…

I’m sure we have some things locked in that will reveal itself over the weeks ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back