Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There isn't much between them when you boil it down. Brokman will be best 22 at WCE and has plenty of upside. Worth about the same. Second round pick (maybe late one) is what Brockman is worth. Don't undersell a young bloke who can play and has plenty to offer.

A late first is pretty laughable for someone who has shown only flashes, whilst not averaging a goal a game and barely 10 touches per game.

Any value is based on pure projection ATM, and not based on actual performances.

The Bulldogs want Watson and we want Smith, a pic slide to 4 with our future first going to the dogs, will be what it takes.
Any chance they hand back a Future 2nd as well or am I dreaming.

I like that but given the value of Esava being more than pick 24, that is far unders. Cats wants 24+F2/F3 for Esava

Wake upcall for Hawks fans making fun of starting demand of pick 25. We may add pick 52 to go back to Tigers by the end but lets not undervalue our players. Esava has set a base value for Talls.

LOL Kane Cornes serving a well deserved smack-up to Scott.

Ratagalea is a bog average hack.
I'd bring Tim O'Brien back before paying an early 2nd round pick for him.

He demands a sacrifice.
Luckily, we still have an unused asset...

CatHoldup.jpg

For those in the know, does Curtain give off Pavlich vibes? Could he end up a good forward or a pinch hitting mid if he's not being touted as a CHB?

Still seems a great pick.

Sent from my SCV41 using Tapatalk
I am not ITK, but from watching his clips he looks a Pavlich/Bont type.

He is extremely good when the ball is on the ground.
Elite decision-making and skills.

I think his ability as a KPP is being marked harshly - he seems OK, definitely not bad, but it isn't what makes him great...yet.

He seems a hard working player who has very high football IQ.
I have zero doubts he can round out his game by developing his KPF craft.

Remember, Buddy was just dismissed as just a tall HFF when he was drafted.
Hard working, smart players with good all-round abilities can build their game beyond their abilities as 18 year olds.

I would LOVE Curtin at the Hawks, even though I am a big Duursma fan.
IMO it would be like adding bigger Will Day - someone who can go wherever you needed him to control the game - with the option of developing him into a KPP/Mid hybrid.

I think his ability as a KPP is being marked harshly - he seems OK, definitely not bad, but it isn't what makes him great...yet.

Hard working, smart players with good all-round abilities can build their game beyond their abilities as 18 year olds.

IMO it would be like adding bigger Will Day - someone who can go wherever you needed him to control the game - with the option of developing him into a KPP/Mid hybrid.

My sentiments also.

I really want Duursma or Watson to add some elite talent to our forward line, but Curtin could play anywhere be anything. Exciting prospect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My sentiments also.

I really want Duursma or Watson to add some elite talent to our forward line, but Curtin could play anywhere be anything. Exciting prospect.
Sounds tempting.

What's the risk he'll do a Brocky in 2026, though?

Whilst many on here suggest we should pick for need with pick 4, I heard a clip from Rob McCartney on SEN today to the effect that the first six or so kids were highly talented and we would pick best available. With our first pick you take talent, you address needs with later picks and trade.

In an ideal world the kid will also fill a need.

Sounds tempting.

I know it doesnā€™t help much now but if Curtin is still there would we consider trading our pick for west coasts future first.. itā€™s likely pick one or two next year again.. Curtin reminds me of Jordan Dawson, excellent player but we need X factor.. I want Duursma but we only get him if North give away pick two in a Reid trade..

If he can build into a genuine CHB then I'd be over the moon. Have read that he's destined to be a tall HBF though.

Around the same time Harley Reid wants to come home?

Pondering Season 9 GIF by The Office
What if Reid does a Pavlich and settles in Perth?

Anyway, I'm sure Sam and Sleepy Mark will do their due diligence if they're considering drafting WA prospects.

I know it doesnā€™t help much now but if Curtin is still there would we consider trading our pick for west coasts future first.. itā€™s likely pick one or two next year again.. Curtin reminds me of Jordan Dawson, excellent player but we need X factor.. I want Duursma but we only get him if North give away pick two in a Reid trade..
There's 'x factor' every year & small forwards can often contribute in their 1st or 2nd Years.

As we know, KPP usually take time. No rush getting an 'x factor' small, there will be more next year. We may even have a couple on our list, still trying to get their bodies right.

Sounds tempting.

Have twins and want to be closer to family?

To answer seriously: go home factor is bigger than it ever was, because it's going to get easier and easier for players to move. Mid season trade period, lowering of FA age, contracts routinely torn up. And the media acts like it's a Jane Austen novel, "Any player in possession of interstate family connections must be in want of a trade".

I'd be happy if we drafted Curtin, but we've seen with DGB that every year his name will get dragged into trade conversations.

Last edited:
There's 'x factor' every year & small forwards can often contribute in their 1st or 2nd Years.

As we know, KPP usually take time. No rush getting an 'x factor' small, there will be more next year. We may even have a couple on our list, still trying to get their bodies right.
I don't think I'm alone in thinking that there is X-Factor, and then there is Nick Watson. I think he's the best small forward we've seen come through the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back