Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawthorn seems to think Chol is better than Kosi in terms of contract offers and that’s my view, a lot of hawks fans wanted Kosi delisted.
We will end ‘paying’ a bit more than we get.
That is because he already has a two year contract and we are asking him to move clubs and move states. Can’t offer him less. Similar players. They are worth same.

Page 1057

200.gif

What would cause a frenzy in this thread

A) Us trading for Smith

B) Us trading for Reid

C) The melts if we end up making no big moves
D) Any club doing anything
E) Any club not doing anything
F) Any club theoretically doing or not doing anything

I've now been told to:
- Strap In!
- Buckle Up!
- Hold on to my hat!
- Hold on to my butt! (wtf?)

And had a 'Here we go!' thrown in for good measure.

EDIT - missed a 'Sh*t just got real"

If a trade isn't done today, y'all should be dragged into the middle of Waverly Park, and executed.
Best advice is to expect nothing until next Wednesday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've now been told to:
- Strap In!
- Buckle Up!
- Hold on to my hat!
- Hold on to my butt! (wtf?)

And had a 'Here we go!' thrown in for good measure.

EDIT - missed a 'Sh*t just got real"

If a trade isn't done today, y'all should be dragged into the middle of Waverly Park, and executed.
Hopefully we don’t get the drop your pants and bend over announcement!

What would cause a frenzy in this thread

A) Us trading for Smith

B) Us trading for Reid

C) The melts if we end up making no big moves
We can forget about pick 1 & Reid. WC have pretty much said 'don't call us we'll call you'. They're full-on trying for 2&3 from North. If that doesn't happen they may talk to us again but it'll be last minute stuff.
Which suits us as we're redoubling our efforts on the Smith front. There were some fairly serious discussions yesterday and we've put an offer to the Dogs.
That offer is very similar to what SYL posted the other day- basically 4<->5, F1. A couple of other minor add-ons. It's being considered.

I don't know if anything will get done today. Maybe Kosi, that one's close.
Have fun ! (oh, and unbuckle for now :) )

My biggest fear is that the club is considering doing the deal you mentioned above (Pick 4 + F1 --> (WB) Pick 5 + Smith). Don't get me wrong I want Smith but not at the expense of drafting one of Watson / Duursma / McKercher. Curiously asking without me having to go looking on the Dogs forum what are they expecting for Smith?

Early 2nd Rounder!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

My biggest fear is that the club is considering doing the deal you mentioned above (Pick 4 + F1 --> (WB) Pick 5 + Smith). Don't get me wrong I want Smith but not at the expense of drafting one of Watson / Duursma / McKercher. Curiously asking without me having to go looking on the Dogs forum what are they expecting for Smith?
We would still get one of those with pick 5

We can forget about pick 1 & Reid. WC have pretty much said 'don't call us we'll call you'. They're full-on trying for 2&3 from North. If that doesn't happen they may talk to us again but it'll be last minute stuff.
Which suits us as we're redoubling our efforts on the Smith front. There were some fairly serious discussions yesterday and we've put an offer to the Dogs.
That offer is very similar to what SYL posted the other day- basically 4<->5, F1. A couple of other minor add-ons. It's being considered.

Media saying Brocky will get done today.

All In on Baz.

I raised the prospect of that trade yesterday with a Morrison or Frost as a sweetener on top.

Not saying we NEED to get it done, but what an injection of established talent it would be. If the Dogs think it's a possibility in 12 months time then hopefully we're going hard at enough that they feel it's better to cut their losses now.

All means nothing if Bailey isn't interested in moving though.

All In on Baz.

I raised the prospect of that trade yesterday with a Morrison or Frost as a sweetener on top.

Not saying we NEED to get it done, but what an injection of established talent it would be. If the Dogs think it's a possibility in 12 months time then hopefully we're going hard at enough that they feel it's better to cut their losses now.

All means nothing if Bailey isn't interested in moving though.
He is.

Thank you KL.

Thanks for the update so much nothing so far in the trade period but understand it’s really complex. Good deal for us and makes it interesting what happens with the mids as we are well stocked. Does it mean worpel to cats for pick 8? I would be keen on that if Bailey comes in to have 5 and 8.
Reid north
Walter suns
McKercher eagles
Duursma eagles
Watson dogs
Curtin hawks
Dees Sanders
Gws osullivan
Hawks caddy

Ins smith Curtin caddy McCabe TJ Dear that’s a lot of tall talent.

Thanks for the update so much nothing so far but understand it’s really complex. Good deal for us and makes it interesting what happens with the mids as we are well stocked. Does it mean worpel to cats for pick 8? I would be keen on that if Bailey comes in to have 5 and 8.
Reid north
Walter suns
McKercher eagles
Duursma eagles
Watson dogs
Curtin hawks
Dees Sanders
Gws osullivan
Hawks caddy

Ins smith Curtin caddy McCabe TJ Dear that’s a lot of tall talent.
Eagles would take Curtin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back