Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which could be very good business if we could land Caddy and another player before McCabe
I would like Curtin or O'Sullivan and another tall at 11. Get McCabe after that and we have 3 talls for the next decade. That means we can take best available next year with lesser concern about looking for talls in a midfielders draft.

Bailey Smith is not even the 7th best player in his draft. What makes anyone think he is worth that or better now?

Exactly.

And he appears to have gone to the 'Clayton Oliver School of Leadership' which shouldn't exactly be increasing his trade value.

Just on Gunston - that back injury has really messed with him. He's still an incredibly smart third tall but his mobility was significantly hampered for most of this year, and we were already seeing him slow down a bit in 2022 (most of his big goal hauls came against bottom 4 sides).

He'd obviously be fantastic for mentoring the younger brigade but Lewis, Chol, Gunston + resting ruck sounds a little bit immobile.

Just on Gunston - that back injury has really messed with him. He's still an incredibly smart third tall but his mobility was significantly hampered for most of this year, and we were already seeing him slow down a bit in 2022 (most of his big goal hauls came against bottom 4 sides).

He'd obviously be fantastic for mentoring the younger brigade but Lewis, Chol, Gunston + resting ruck sounds a little bit immobile.

Still played 17 games. Kicked a few bags and the end of his 2022 was elite.

I am bullish he'll turn the clock back

Don’t think we plan on having a resting ruck with Chol in the side

Despite playing different roles, Gunston still had more impact on games than Koschitzke.

Gunston - 17 games - 22 goals - 14 behinds (1.3 goals per game)
Koschitzke - 12 games - 9 goals - 10 behinds (0.75 goals per game)

Makes us look like genius's trading away our second round pick this year for Weddle in the draft last year.
Fantastic point.

We got Weddle for:

• 2022 Pick 27 (Cooper Vickery for some reason)
  • 2023 second round pick (31)
  • 2023 third round pick (52)
(These may not be 100% accurate, I got lost with what Sydney traded out this year)

If this is how it feels to have an academy then it's great, I want one too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lewis will get the number one defender, Chol the second best which leaves Gunston as the third tall. That is when he could be dangerous. One things for sure, we will have more scoring options next year than this year. The midfield will improve which means more inside 50s and more scoring opportunities.

We will have to wait and see if Grainger-Barras will be persisted with as a forward or if he’s going back into defence. Then there’s also Serong who can play forward and back.

Lewis will get the number one defender, Chol the second best which leaves Gunston as the third tall. That is when he could be dangerous. One things for sure, we will have more scoring options next year than this year.

We will have to wait and see if Grainger-Barras will be persisted with as a forward or if he’s going back into defence. Then there’s also Serong who can play forward and back.
Someone had already mentioned that DGB would be training with the forwards this year. Serong will stay in defence. Gunners will be huge in teaching DGB forward craft

Fantastic point.

We got Weddle for:

• 2023 second round pick (currently 31)
  • 2023 third round pick (currently 52)

Not exactly since you're looking at the picks we currently hold.

It was effectively 18 for 27 (last year), 26 & 47. After bidding that looks around 18 for 27, 30 & 48 (roughly).

So we gave up the equivalent of Pick 30 for Weddle which I would do every day of the week. Plus those picks would have been eaten by McCabe anyway. Looks an inspired trade.

5th Hypothetical

D'Ambrosio for our F4
Brockman to WCE for Pick 63 and F3
Kossie to Tiges for 50 and F4
Gunston for Tiges F4

33 and our F3 for Chol, 62, 66,

Draft capital for 2023 - 4, 50, 54, 62, 63, 66 (Use 50,54,62,63,66 to match for McCabe, Dear)

Draft Capital for 2024, F1,F2 and WCE F3

Nth will get Reid with Pick 1 - if they trade pick 2 and a couple of later 1st round picks to WCE, WCE will take Curtain at 2.

Then at 3 NM to take either McKercher, Duursma or Watson.

Use our Pick 4 - Duursma/Watson

At Pick 8 for Geelong's pick if either Caddy or O'Sullivan is there offer our F1. Bring in a KP kid as next year looks midfield heavy.

For Bailey Smith in 12 months we have our F1 for 2025 to offer and 1 of our younger players that may be odd man out at that time.

Bring the man home!!!

He bleeds for the Brown and Gold and is a perfect senior player for our young team. I expect we can manage him, which works well for group exposure. Would be a great person to teach DGB as well in forward craft.

You need players like him to drive standards and goals. More than that, he's basically an on-field coach which is invaluable for our forwards.

Brissy surely cannot ask much for him, as he was surplus by end of year and got him for nothing.

Fantastic point.

We got Weddle for:

• 2023 second round pick (31)
  • 2023 third round pick (52)
(These may not be 100% accurate, I got lost with what Sydney traded out this year)

The 2023 numbers are more like picks 39 & 58 which makes our drafting of Weddle all that more brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back