Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

This quote i distinctively remember,

Gunston also holds a strong relationship with Fagan having spent five seasons together at Hawthorn. The Lions coach was the Hawks' head of coaching and development when Gunston arrived from Adelaide via trade at the end of 2011 before assuming the mantle of Hawthorn's head of football midway through 2013. In 2014, Fagan even described Gunston as "one of the smartest players playing the game."

Later that same week, Chris Fagan put Gunston's footy smarts only behind Sam and Hodgey as the three best footy head going around.

Oh Joy! if he can work his magic on DGB and Rama........wow!

Exactly.

And he appears to have gone to the 'Clayton Oliver School of Leadership' which shouldn't exactly be increasing his trade value.

Oh the pearl clutching. A fair proportion of the league would be dabbling in the narcotics - I'm sure quite a few of them are in leadership groups. This wouldn't impact his trade value remotely.

I feel like having Gunston back as well, keeps Breusty company too. He has often mentioned that there's such a big age gap between him and other players, I bet he'd love having Jack back.

Just feel like it would be a great win for us, as all great builds are built on the back of having a few wise veterans to drive & guide the youngsters.

Without getting too fanciful about Smith or Pick 1:
  • Brockman --> (WCE) Future Third
  • Koschitzke --> (Rich) Pick 49 + Future Fourth
  • Future Fourth [via Hawthorn] --> (Ess) Massimo D'Ambrosio
  • Future Third + Future Third [via WCE] --> (GC) Mabior Chol + Future Third
  • Future Third [via GC] --> (Brisbane) Future Third + Pick 50
Watson with Pick 4, match McCabe bid, match Dear bid. Live trade future second for another pick between 20-30.

B: Sicily Blanck Hardwick
HB: Weddle Scrimshaw Jiath
C: Ward Nash Amon
HF: Moore Gunston CMac
F: Watson Lewis Breust
Fol: Reeves Newcombe Day
Int: Worpel Impey Chol Maginness
Sub: D’Ambrosio

Prioritise an out of contract Smith in 2024 and leverage our large cap + the new pick purchasing to get another first.

We gave up Sam Mitchell for pick 88 and Hodgey and Birch for peanuts too.

I expect we’ll get Gunston for a 4th round draft picks swap or some nominal amount.

Will be great to have him at the club again. Love him.

I expect he will on-field coach for 10-12 games and lead training for the forwards playing group with Punky.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not exactly since you're looking at the picks we currently hold.

It was effectively 18 for 27 (last year), 26 & 47. After bidding that looks around 18 for 27, 30 & 48 (roughly).

So we gave up the equivalent of Pick 30 for Weddle which I would do every day of the week. Plus those picks would have been eaten by McCabe anyway. Looks an inspired trade.
Thanks mate, this is too confusing for me

FFS do you feel tough writing this?

Why are there so many on this site who need Hawthorn to * over another club to feel good.

Mutual wins are the best kids of trades as they keep relationships civil for the future.

Hawthorn dont get regularly screwed. Hawthorn are not victims. Every circumstance is different.

The dogs dont owe Hawthorn anything. Smith is a star and a marketers dream, they are well within their right to try and fight to keep him.
Don't come at me with this do you feel tough crap. I like many don't believe that a 1 pick slide whilst giving up the chance at one of the best forwards in this draft should come cheaply? Also I'm not one of those Hawthorn posters that plays the victim card of everything so please don't label me as such. Yes Smith is great player and all but the reality is that he has severely underperformed for multiple seasons now and should be valued accordingly. What that value is atm is debatable but IMO it sits as a late 1st round pick then if you then factor in the fact that in a pick slide we'd be giving up the chance to get Waston / Duursma then yeah I'd be offering up an early 2nd rounder for Smith. This is not a knock on Smith but more so us moving back 1 spot so they can draft Watson who's rumoured that they want desperately.

Finally as you say the WB don't owe Hawthorn anything well guess what… we don't owe them sh*t either but it's worth noting that we have something that they desperately want in the pick right before them.

Part of me doesn't want to do this because it opens me up to ridicule etc but judging from the way things stand here regarding Bailey, the talks are going very well .... well my own personal opinion is it's 80% done. Don't think today but early next week.

Feel free to incinerate me if we don't get him.

We gave up Sam Mitchell for pick 88 and Hodgey and Birch for peanuts too.

I expect we’ll get Gunston for a 4th round draft picks swap or some nominal amount.

Will be great to have him at the club again. Love him.

I expect he will on-field coach for 10-12 games and lead training for the forwards playing group with Punky.
Considering how HFC are going to use Jack, I think Brisbane deserve a high second

damian-barrett-200x200.jpg

Part of me doesn't want to do this because it opens me up to ridicule etc but judging from the way things stand here regarding Bailey, the talks are going very well .... well my own personal opinion is it's 80% done. Don't think today but early next week.

Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

I'll sharpen the pitchforks, someone else grab the torches and butane

apologies if you’ve already mentioned this, but what is it looking like we’ll be giving up for smith if this goes through?

I Love You GIF by Recording Academy / GRAMMYs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back