Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct me if I'm wrong but is Bailey Smith out of contract next year? Why would we be in such a hurry to pick him up this year when we can use pick 4 and get him next year?
If he wants to come to HFC , you take him while you can

Correct me if I'm wrong but is Bailey Smith out of contract next year? Why would we be in such a hurry to pick him up this year when we can use pick 4 and get him next year?
I guess anything can happen in 12 months. Danniher wanted to go to the swans and then went to the lions 12 months later. Same with Dunkley and the bombers but ended up at the lions 12 months later.

Bailey Smith is not even the 7th best player in his draft. What makes anyone think he is worth that or better now?

Im praying we don’t trade our future first because not a lot would have to go wrong injury wise and general luck wise for us to finish bottom 1 or 2 worst case scenario. Not that we’re that bad but the teams that finished above us all could improve and north and west coast can’t possibly be as bad.
This X a billion:thumbsu:

And don't forget Bevo's job is on the line and if they flick Bevo next season and they bring in a new coach it may be enough for Smith to stay at Dogs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

West Coast’s second round pick which started at Pick 19 is now 29.

They have every right to be filthy.
Hopefully the new regime do a full review of the FA, FS, NGA system

I know ‘new regime’ isn’t accurate as they are just mates of the last regime

West Coast’s second round pick which started at Pick 19 is now 29.

They have every right to be filthy.
So, with academy and father sons coming on draft night, the first round could get to 31 or 32

Given they're only expecting 50 or so draft selections on the night, more than half of those selected will be first rounders!!

Incredible

System is broken

So, with academy and father sons coming on draft night, the first round could get to 31 or 32

Given they're only expecting 50 or so draft selections on the night, more than half of those selected will be first rounders!!

Incredible

System is broken
Yes, it is a disgrace. On the plus side, our Weddle trade looks even better with each BS compensation pick or North gift

🤣 Best case scenario in that situation is that WB would take him at 4 (matching the bid with pick 5) leaving us in exactly the same position we would have been in with no significant flow on impact for any other draft picks. What a stupid idea

I think most people on here want Bailey The Butchers love child!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
When you look at a player you are looking at how many of the boxes they tick:
1. Running capacity speed and distance
2. Disposal - how often do they get it and how well do they use it Hand and Foot
3. Marking
4 Game Awareness
5. Character

I would have no hesitation in saying 4 of the 5 main categories he is elite in, and been lucky enough to meet and spend a little time with his character is off the charts. HIs disposal by hand is very good and whilst kicking is not always great that is influenced by where he gets it, in and close throw it on the boot, I would still say disposal as a whole is good to very good with only a ? on his kicking.

To be an AFL footballer you need to be elite in two of these categories and then as you add categories you become more and more desirable. To have 4 elite categories is somebody I would recruit everyday of the week especially when he is 22/23, that is a ten year player.

So perhaps time to focus on what he does do not what he doesn't do well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back