Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’m legitimately worried about RnL, hasn’t been sighted all week.
Hope everything is ok King
He was lurking around last night. If they had something to say, they would have said it. Either nothing is really changing from last week, or there's stuff but enough that they can't risk talking about it. I'll let you decide which is more likely.

He was lurking around last night. If they had something to say, they would have said it. Either nothing is really changing from last week, or there's stuff but enough that they can't risk talking about it. I'll let you decide which is more likely.

We need ITKs about what our ITKs are up to now 😂

Everyone who thought deals should have been finalised super early should have realised that it would never be the case considering Dodo and Essendon are so heavily involved. BZT, D'Ambrosio and to some extent Duursma should be some of the easiest deals to get done, but Dodo going out guns blazing means that they're now three of the most important deals in the trade period - especially with Port and us having plenty of other things we need to get done.

I can't think of a single person who will leave the league in a better place by ****ing off into the sunset.

Cam Rayner would be a dream!!! Put him in our forward 50 PLEASE and let him go to work.
Not only is Rayner under-performing as the number 1 pick, but his performances are also lagging — by quite some margin — the types of elite small forwards you would hope he will emulate. 4th season already.

He should be tracking to be the next Petracca and Martin, but he's not even tracking to become the next Breust.
Closer to Charlie Cameron's trajectory, yet on talent alone he should be a 40-60 goal forward.
He's got 2 years before he solidifies his position as the worst number 1 pick in the history of the AFL draft.

This is why I say you don't spend a top 5-6 pick on a small forward.
You can get elite small forwards throughout the draft.

Everyone who thought deals should have been finalised super early should have realised that it would never be the case considering Dodo and Essendon are so heavily involved. BZT, D'Ambrosio and to some extent Duursma should be some of the easiest deals to get done, but Dodo going out guns blazing means that they're now three of the most important deals in the trade period - especially with Port and us having plenty of other things we need to get done.

I can't think of a single person who will leave the league in a better place by ******* off into the sunset.
The Dodo has spent his entire career trying to screw over clubs and his entire career making sure the * don't play finals.

Not only is Rayner under-performing as the number 1 pick, but his performances are also lagging — by quite some margin — the types of elite small forwards you would hope he will emulate. 4th season already.

He should be tracking to be the next Petracca and Martin, but he's not even tracking to become the next Breust.
Closer to Charlie Cameron's trajectory, yet on talent alone he should be a 40-60 goal forward.
He's got 2 years before he solidifies his position as the worst number 1 pick in the history of the AFL draft.

This is why I say you don't spend a top 5-6 pick on a small forward.
You can get elite small forwards throughout the draft.

What's worse is he's already played 6 seasons, going into his 7th. They didn't see him as a small forward. Everyone always thought he would become a mid-forward like a Dusty/Petracca type.

He needs to get so much fitter, very disappointing player for sure. Although the 2017 draft in general at the top end has some real average/bust players. That 1st round of picks is pretty weak overall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rayner has talent, but turns out having picks 45 and 67 in that year's draft was better than having pick 1.

1. Cam Rayner
45. James Worpel
67. Dylan Moore
Sorry but this is just extremely biased. You ask 17 other clubs who'd they prefer right now, even though he hasn't reached his potential yet, and they're taking Rayner before Worpel and Moore everyday of the week.

What's worse is he's already played 6 seasons, going into his 7th. They didn't see him as a small forward. Everyone always thought he would become a mid-forward like a Dusty/Petracca type.

He needs to get so much fitter, very disappointing player for sure. Although the 2017 draft in general at the top end has some real average/bust players. That 1st round of picks is pretty weak overall.
Pick #2 has already won the Leigh Matthews Trophy and finished 4th in the Brownlow.

Sorry but this is just extremely biased. You ask 17 other clubs who'd they prefer right now, even though he hasn't reached his potential yet, and they're taking Rayner before Worpel and Moore everyday of the week.
Lol no they wouldn't. You know that being hyper conscious of bias is bias in itself? Rayner is a worse player pretty much across the board, he's just in a better team.

I wholeheartedly disagree.

Let's take Worpel out of the equation. Moore and Rayner are a better comparison due to spending more time up forward.

What does Rayner do better than Moore? More burst and agility...?
He's less consistent.
Averages less footy. Averages less in most metrics actually.
Less leadership credentials.
Less workrate.

Call it a bias all you want, but on exposed form I'd expect plenty of opposition clubs to pick Dylan if they had the choice.

We are off our heads trading out a young Ryan for a cooked Gunners no matter how much we like the feel good story.

Gunners made a choice. We must hold our nerve here.
Sorry - I must have missed the bit where the club said anything about Brandon Ryan going anywhere....

The club is under zero pressure to get a deal done involving Ryan going to Brisbane.

What is all this talk about Gunners being cooked? Was only a few years ago people were saying the same about Tom Hawkins and Tex Walker. who both went through form slumps, only to get back to their best. He may have slowed down a bit but still has the football smarts to kick 40 goals a year for a couple more years. Poor bloke has been through a lot the last couple of years.

I would happy take him back if it meant the loss of a late pick only. Would I trade Ryan for him? Hell no.

If we get this trade period right, finals aren't out of the question next year.

Lol no they wouldn't. You know that being hyper conscious of bias is bias in itself? Rayner is a worse player pretty much across the board, he's just in a better team.
Rayner at the moment gives me Jake Stringer vibes....except he'd obviously have to be a better bloke than The Package.

Has a decent half game here or there, then goes missing for the next 3 1/2 games.

Rinse, repeat.

This is so harsh to our man Dyl

His far more elite then Rayner at this point, Rayner isn't even in the top 2 best small forwards in his team!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back