Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally the only day of trade period that actually matters for Hawthorn usually. Haven't been on Bigfooty for a while, so what a day to come back and get absolutely 0 work done whilst I stress over rumours of us overpaying or losing people. I reckon I'm one of the rare ones who rated Kozzie, and think it's crazy that Richmond are offering peanuts for him. No way we should let Ryan go, but it's not a good sign that he's met with them and they've banged the drums about more security etc.

I'm a stickler for a fairytale and really hope we do get Gunston back. After all the guns we've let walk to other teams over the years, it's nice that one of them wants to come back to us and play again, and not settle his family and our future FS players in the Brisbane academy (cough cough Hodgey). Chol I'm not that bothered about if we miss him, especially if we get Gunston. Feel like if we manage to get a big fish forward next year like King or similar, then Chol is redundant within 1 year of that 5 year contract anyway. Ginni I'm excited for, love a bit of personality and feel he'll be a great fit up forward for us.

Anyone seen that rumour floating around Facebook that North are considering jumping in for Massimo?

I reckon he goes.

Definitely feels like it. Story isn’t going away - Brisbane definitely testing our resolve.

A F2 is an amazing return for a player we plucked literally at the end of the MSD about 3 months ago.

Still hope we keep him, as I loved his impact. But just feels like Brisbane are pushing real hard.

My belt is buckled in an upward direction.

Definitely feels like it. Story isn’t going away - Brisbane definitely testing our resolve.
I like Ryan but if you could turn him into Ginnivan, you would do it in a second.

It might be what happens.

One of the problems on here is we overvalue our players and undervalue others. Progressively:

1. If we trade Gunston and a future second in and Ryan out for future dirty 4th deal move on. He's tidy but could go either way and cost us nothing
2. Ginnivan Pies want out and a future 3rd should get it done, which should come from Kosi. The reality is he ends up back with us or going to Norf if he doesn't get a trade today to Tiges.
3. Chol - He's worth a third but the reality is we have a need and made the running so the Brisbane future second goes out and maybe get a late third or early fourth back
4. D Amrossio - He's uncontracted and a free swing we tried to be reasonable and they weren't take for nothing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

apparently the Chol deal is being linked with the Kosi deal as a 3 way trade? at least thats what i saw on a youtube video?

D'Ambrosio?, is essendon playing games or is there a trade there?

will Gunston return?

whats this about Ginnivan being an option?

behind the scenes we are still trying to get pick 1 or Bailey Smith?

it should be a busy few hours from 5pm to the end :D

I’m doing my part.
Starship Troopers GIF

1000, here we come!

Might pay to Google Andrew Krakouer’s journey from Richmond to Collingwood.

He managed to turn things around after getting cut and playing WAFL and going to jail for 32 months (16 non-parole)

Puts Ginnavin into some perspective.

So you agree, 2nd chances are a thing?

Note too: jail. Lot of difference between the races and jail.

And you might also want to learn that just because you read something, others can't also read it.

I'd love to keep Ryan, like what he brings to the table but, future second is a good return for a guy who's played three games.
I still haven't heard anything from smith wanting to become a hawk. If it were to happen, surely it would be the first time ever where a A grader swapping clubs without showing his hand.
Also worrying that we be fleeced in that deal , pick 4+ future first is too much!
Ginnifer, Gunston and Chol make our Frwd line better immediately, so I'd be happy with those.
Need to stay in the top 5-6 in the draft as I'd hate to miss out on a top line talent watching and whincing other clubs have an early Christmas during trade week!

I am only keen on Ryan as a means of unlocking the Reid deal, not as the basis for chol and ginni.

We can't trade a future 1 and future 2 unless we have another future 2 right?

So pick 4, F1 and our F2 for Reid....

We keep Bris F2

Am I missing rules here?

I'd love to keep Ryan, like what he brings to the table but, future second is a good return for a guy who's played three games.
I still haven't heard anything from smith wanting to become a hawk. If it were to happen, surely it would be the first time ever where a A grader swapping clubs without showing his hand.
Also worrying that we be fleeced in that deal , pick 4+ future first is too much!
Ginnifer, Gunston and Chol make our Frwd line better immediately, so I'd be happy with those.
Need to stay in the top 5-6 in the draft as I'd hate to miss out on a top line talent watching and whincing other clubs have an early Christmas during trade week!
Pick 5 would come back.
Would be pick slide and F1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back