Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you think we would be willing to give up to pry the First pick from West Coast. Surely Harley Reid would be our choice at no.1
Would be pick 3 out f1 and brockman from the sounds of it that’s a hell of a lot more than the north proposal of 2 and ports f1. The issue remains north taking Curtin before our pick with 2 or McKay compo.

If we can get Reid without selling the farm then we absolutely do it. Getting Reid while building a winning culture and attacking game plan would be an immensely big win for 2023 as a whole.

Pick 3, DGB and Brockman for Pick 1 - I’d pull the trigger on that every day of the week.

If we can get Reid without selling the farm then we absolutely do it. Getting Reid while building a winning culture and attacking game plan would be an immensely big win for 2023 as a whole.

Pick 3, DGB and Brockman for Pick 1 - I’d pull the trigger on that every day of the week.
The asking price is to add F1 on top. I'm not doing it.

North needs an incentive to stay away from Curtin. Perhaps a whole heap of later picks for Sanders in a 3 way trade.

Yes I think West Coast will trade the No.1 pick but it will be far from a straight forward trade and possibly involve multiple clubs in somewhat of a mega trade.

I just realized all the Scoopers are banned and I got my first post deleted as a result for summarizing the scoops. :straining:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The asking price is pick 3, F1, Brocky and DGB.

Would you?
I’d love for us to get Reid but that is way too many eggs in one basket. Like anyone Reid could do an ACL the day after we draft him and in that scenario we’ve sent out our F1, Pick 3 and a former top 10 pick that actually wants to stay.

My top offer wouldn’t include our F1 which unfortunately puts us out of the running. North hold all the cards here I’m afraid and the only way he makes it to us would be if Reid told North don’t draft me and that right there is not a good look at all especially after he’s already rumoured to have said it to WC.

Why?

The club has said this is the last year we are hitting the draft.

This kid looks every bit the star the Hawks need.
The club can use the F1 this year to work out a deal for the likes of Ben King. I would much rather go down that path than using F1 to upgrade from 3 to 1. The Hawks should go all out to somehow secure Gold Coasts 1st pick this year and all the dominoes will fall in place.

Plenty of players have been traded for multiple first rounders.
It's hard to see if for Reid because he is not an established star yet.
If the club can see the talent, then 3 and next year's first is not at all crazy.

Why?

Our F1 might be outside the Top 10 😉
Whose to say we don’t get GC first pick this year ?

Then we have 2 options - take two top 6 picks to draft , this year
OR….put all our eggs on the Reidmeister !

Over to you Mr McKenzie……win/win

Why?

Doesn't mean we will be just neglecting the draft going forward

Why?

I don’t think this is entirely true. I think it’s important how you perceive how ‘the last year hitting draft’ is said. I take it as we won’t be relying on that as the only avenue in which to bring in talent. I don’t think it means to combine a bunch of high end draft picks to bring in 1 kid that is still an unknown commodity.

Reid at this stage could be an absolute bust and for that kind of outlay it could set back our rebuild 2-3 years which would likely then waste the prime years of guys like Sicily and others.

I love to draft Reid but that is a huge a$$ risk.

Would love Reid but that’s a bloody steep price. Ideally we can get our hands on another first rounder somehow and use that to trade up if we need to.

Reality is, I think it’s unlikely West Coast part with 1 unless they can get their hands on 2 and guarantee Curtain. I reckon the two clubs will eventually spin some sort of pick swap.

Would love Reid but that’s a bloody steep price. Ideally we can get our hands on another first rounder somehow and use that to trade up if we need to.

Reality is, I think it’s unlikely West Coast part with 1 unless they can get their hands on 2 and guarantee Curtain. I reckon the two clubs will eventually spin some sort of pick swap.
This. Clarko knew what he was doing when they went for that win in the last round. He knows full well that WC want Curtain and Reid’s manager floating that his kid wants to stay in VIC has made it all even easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back