Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a question to be asked I think though if this is a pattern. We missed out on bowes and pick 7 as we weren’t into it early enough and assume ports interest last year in Esava played a role in his choice too. Players after all want to go to a club that they believe wants them. Are we not far enough ahead from a list management perspective to give ourselves realistic chances? Would need some ITK insight and it could just be a few bad luck stories or a historical problem now corrected but soon our ability to land the right targets is going to have a big impact on (pardon the expression) the size of our rise!
Geelong 'promised' Bowes midfield minutes and playing every game in a contendar .....we didn't .
We very nearly had him too. Was 50/50 right up to his decision .

People can make up there own minds whether he got stoodged by the deal he took .....maybe we were just too honest for own good .

Players take the best deal for themselves , I dont subscribe to teams not being active enough early . Plenty of late changes of mind and backflips show this is the case not just who is in early .

We are being plenty aggressive this draft/trade and have been a long way out .

Geelong 'promised' Bowes midfield minutes and playing every game in a contendar .....we didn't .
We very nearly had him too. Was 50/50 right up to his decision .

People can make up there own minds whether he got stoodged by the deal he took .....maybe we were just too honest for own good .

Players take the best deal for themselves , I dont subscribe to teams not being active enough early . Plenty of late changes of mind and backflips show this is the case not just who is in early .

We are being plenty aggressive this draft/trade and have been a long way out .
Fact is my info is we came too late to the party and we played the game like amateurs against a professional albeit well informed Geelong.
I agree we learnt a lot from it and our footy dept has been involved this year a long way out. Much more professional, much more involved, what we achieve will be interesting and how we approach the List building task in the future will be adjusted to fit our requirements and resources. We need some wins however. We need some results.

Someone posted them in here, it was quite the talking point at the time. Mind you this was before he missed games, so who knows where he finished up.

I'm sure you're capable enough to look for them yourself.
Reverse Coleman is impossible to count. If Frost is playing on Curnow and goes for a run up the field and Seamus gets caught one one one v Curnow in the goal square and Curnow marks and goals, who does the goal go against?

Fact is my info is we came too late to the party and we played the game like amateurs against a professional albeit well informed Geelong.
I agree we learnt a lot from it and our footy dept has been involved this year a long way out. Much more professional, much more involved, what we achieve will be interesting and how we approach the List building task in the future will be adjusted to fit our requirements and resources. We need some wins however. We need some results.
Thanks Tops that’s how it seems no issues with mistakes it’s how we all learn just don’t make them twice. I’m hoping we aren’t that active this year outside the suns pick and have most of our eggs in the 2024 off season. Suspect we will be even more attractive then.

Thankfully Jhye Clark doesn’t look like much of a player to my eye

Reverse Coleman is impossible to count. If Frost is playing on Curnow and goes for a run up the field and Seamus gets caught one one one v Curnow in the goal square and Curnow marks and goals, who does the goal go against?

Seamus, obviously. Though it won't take into account whether Frost was negligent in running up the field.

The Esava news is a massive relief. The numbers quoted in the media were ridiculous and pure fantasy - but very happy to not throw a multi year deal at that dude.

Everyone keeps saying how athletic he is but I've honestly never seen him move fast than a jog. He's tall. That's handy. But I don't think he'll finish in the top 25 of Geelong's BnF this year.

Ben McKay also a bit of a plonker but I think we could use him really well and I'm happy for us to pay a premium to get an established KPP in.

The Esava news is a massive relief. The numbers quoted in the media were ridiculous and pure fantasy - but very happy to not throw a multi year deal at that dude.

Everyone keeps saying how athletic he is but I've honestly never seen him move fast than a jog. He's tall. That's handy. But I don't think he'll finish in the top 25 of Geelong's BnF this year.

Ben McKay also a bit of a plonker but I think we could use him really well and I'm happy for us to pay a premium to get an established KPP in.

Esava can't kick. Would be like having 2 Frosts back there. No thx.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of all the players mentioned looking at new homes, the one who excites me the most as far as unlimited potential is unavailable to us.

Because he plays for us and we will get SFU in return.

I could care less if we land any trades this season tbh - the available players are vanilla role players. Consolidate with what we have, go to the draft again and build for another year and then bring in the icing.

Be prepared for another year of building our plan, some rollicking defeats but some inspiring/amazing moments as we continue to lay the foundations, 11 wins the pass mark.

On SM-F936B using BigFooty.com mobile app

That Bowes trade isnt a good example of judging a clubs ability to get a deal done.

One club got an 'inkling' well before anyone else and whether we like it or not were always going to win a pitch against any other club including us.
The fact we nearly had him flipping late despite that shows we are in pretty hands imo .

Same if we miss Mckay . Ive heard for a while his preference is to stay in Vic and we are right in the drivers seat . If Swans get in late over pay and get him I don't think it means we cant get good deals done.

So Port must have offered Esafa more than $7m over 5 years 😎
thank heck for that.

which ever journo it was that stated this offe4 should be laughed at even more so now.

good on Esava, but I am going to watch with mirth hoew Korne continually justifies that length of contract over the next 5+ years🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

That Bowes trade isnt a good example of judging a clubs ability to get a deal done.

One club got an 'inkling' well before anyone else and whether we like it or not were always going to win a pitch against any other club including us.
The fact we nearly had him flipping late despite that shows we are in pretty hands imo .

Same if we miss Mckay . Ive heard for a while his preference is to stay in Vic and we are right in the drivers seat . If Swans get in late over pay and get him I don't think it means we cant get good deals done.
I am slightly more hard nosed but we agree. There is no doubt our Football Dept has improved as a result of the Bowes incident management. I don’t think we played that game well. The whole of Club has improved. It must.

Let’s look forward, not back. I am convinced we learnt well from the Bowes event.

So our trusty friends in the media have us as favourites in the Henry "race". Topiary any mail on whether this is accurate and if so, is the club confident we can get a deal done? Asking a lot I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back