Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wouldn’t have the value. If we are being completely honest the players who would have first round pick value on our list are Sicily, Newcombe, Day, Lewis, Ward, McKenzie, Weddle.

The following would be second round pick value: CJ, Scrimshaw, Worpel, Nash, Reeves, Amon, Hardwick, Moore, Meek

DGB is hard to value. On output he’s worth very little but he was an early pick.

Interesting week or so ahead
Worpel is the one I'd be most open to that would realistically turn the Eagles heads.

Pick 3, Worpel, F1, Brockman for Reid and WC F1

Personally, my gut feel is that we have about a 5% chance of getting pick 1 and other clubs are way ahead of us.

Won't give it all that much thought unless something super surprising happens.

I do still have trade week PTSD over our aggressive moves in 2016 and 2018, so I won't be unhappy at all if we aren't giving up a promising or established player and just take pick 3 into draft night.

A quick update on where we're at before the trading period opens on Monday.
This is what we're discussing NOT what will get done. If it does, it does. Etc.
We're having some serious chats to WCE regarding pick 1. Pick 3 and F1 but they also want an established played like a Ward (I said like a Ward not necessarily Ward himself but he's in their mix). A couple of other players have been mentioned, DGB hasn't been.
WC want Brocky to be done separately but we're pushing for a 2nd.

We're holding firm with Tigers for their 2nd for Kosi. He's definitely going just remains to be seen what we'll agree on.

We're not seriously discussing Haynes at this point.

We have been talking to GC about their 1st but this has now been put on the backburner a little.

Our focus from Monday will firstly be to secure equitable trades for D'Ambrosio & Chol then see what we can get for Kosi & Brocky.

This is what we want but what actually happens is a matter of we'll see. We might get unders, might get overs, depends how the trading goes.

Expect lots of talk from Monday but don't expect anything to get done before late next week at earliest. If anything I'd expect the Kosi trade to be agreed first.

That's it, have fun. Most of this is what you already knew or suspected which just proves those media rats are bound to hit targets if they fire enough shells willy-nilly.

Edit: I'm not at liberty to discuss those other players WC are asking about. All I can say is Ward is one, DGB is not.

I’d give up Worpel over Ward I few like Ward could get to Walsh levels but Worpel could be close to his level.

We won’t do a Trent Croad with Ward - not a chance in the world - club love him. I think another young player may be put forward though, just no idea who
McDonald I'm hearing. Like him but rekon he's expendable. The fans will riot if it's Day or Newcombe. We want Reid to join them so we have 3 young stars to build a premiership side around. Hate to say it but if it's Ward I wouldn't be that fussed TBH. Nice player but what's his ceiling?. If he's being discussed as potentially part of the deal there's a reason for it. The club don't think he will move the dial that much. Be prepared is all I'll say.

Oh and finally, regarding the draft. If everything stays as is (pick 3) we're 90% sold on Duursma right now (bearing in mind that 'right now' is still over a month away from the draft), and we've committed to McCabe that we're taking him. We're not chasing Tew but if we get some more picks and he falls into our lap we'll take him.
We're more keen on Dear.

Like to some how to get his brother out of Port to pair them together.

Oh and finally, regarding the draft. If everything stays as is (pick 3) we're 90% sold on Duursma right now (bearing in mind that 'right now' is still over a month away from the draft), and we've committed to McCabe that we're taking him. We're not chasing Tew but if we get some more picks and he falls into our lap we'll take him.
We're more keen on Dear.
Ward won’t be going anywhere and we will be lucky if Duursma is still there at our pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think HFC would be keeping Dockers close.
If eagles don’t offer something at least a little reasonable, we’d surely have to ask Dockers what they’d offer.
I know PSD yada yada, but I’m sure the decent run clubs, WCE/Haw/Syd would prefer not to get to that
If Brocky has his mind set on WC which it looks like he does then Freo offering anything is useless because he wont agree to it.

McDonald I'm hearing. Like him but rekon he's expendable. The fans will riot if it's Day or Newcombe. We want Reid to join them so we have 3 young stars to build a premiership side around. Hate to say it but if it's Ward I wouldn't be that fussed TBH. Nice player but what's his ceiling?. If he's being discussed as potentially part of the deal there's a reason for it. The club don't think he will move the dial that much. Be prepared is all I'll say.
If there asking for McDonald then I hope we are hanging that phone up pretty quick!

Personally, my gut feel is that we have about a 5% chance of getting pick 1 and other clubs are way ahead of us.

Won't give it all that much thought unless something super surprising happens.

I do still have trade week PTSD over our aggressive moves in 2016 and 2018, so I won't be unhappy at all if we aren't giving up a promising or established player and just take pick 3 into draft night.

Only NM is ahead of us, in terms of what could be offered, picks-wise.
(Unless an elite player is involved - B Smith to WCE for example)

Not sure the wisdom of trading Worpel after he just had close to a career best year?

Every team needs an inside contested ball workhorse and he proved this year that he is probably top five in the league at this role (even top 3 looking at his clearance numbers)

If we have to offer up a proven player it would be one of our half backs like CJ (or as much as it pains me to say) Scrimmers.

We're more keen on Dear.
I can confirm that Duursma has been our favourite for two months. Just in front of Watson.

The interest of GWS and Essendon in Dear, has pushed our hand. He will be a top 35 pick now. Guarantee.

West Coast like the look of our Frenchie. CMAC is another one.

One of Frenchie, CMAC, Ward will be involved.

They want young mids. We are willing.
Not Frenchy! :(
sad bart simpson GIF

This will be agonising until it all settles.

If Reid is a mid/fwd, could CMacD be bundled with p3 + f1? Would rather concede a CJ/Scrim/Impey but what would be more enticing for WC?

It’s clear a quality player is required and if this Hawks brains trust thinks Reid in isolation is still a net gain - I’m on that ****ing train.

I’d give up Worpel over Ward I few like Ward could get to Walsh levels but Worpel could be close to his level.
Walsh is
If there asking for McDonald then I hope we are hanging that phone up pretty quick!
[/QUOTE
You rekon Worpel or Scrimshaw would get them interested?. You have to dangle the carrot mate if we're going to get anywhere here. That's how this is going to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back