Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moone Boy Waiting GIF by HULU

Waiting for Sleepy to come to the party

I wonder if we can have a nearest to the pin contest for the 1000th post in this thread.

Put me down for 11:45am Monday.
I'll go April 21, 2023 at 12:28PM

take the future 3rd and make negotiation friends like Wrighty did. the difference with Sleepy Mark is he is a great drafter whereas Wrighty was a great trade negotiator, take a leaf out of Wrights book on trading maybe?
Did we ever get anything for that much vaunted good will? I don't think so.

The biased media narrative being pushed is the Hawks are unreasonable. On the other hand the Cats wont accept pick 24 for Esava and yet the media narrative is so very different.

Here is a comparison between the two players.

Esava RatugoleaNameJacob Koschitzke
Geelong CatsTeamHawthorn Hawks
Forward, RuckPositionForward
75Career Games
48​
Murray BushrangersOriginAlbury
July 24, 1998Date of BirthJuly 11, 2000
25yr 2mthAge23yr 3mth
198cmHeight196cm
108kgWeight96kg
2016 National DraftLast Drafted In2018 National Draft
Round 3, Pick #43Last Draft PositionRound 3, Pick #52
Geelong CatsLast Drafted ByHawthorn Hawks
2023Stats for Season
2023​
16Games
12​
5.8Kicks
4.7​
3.1Handballs
3.9​
8.9Disposals
8.6​
4.4Marks
3.2​
0Goals
0.8​
0Behinds
0.8​
1.4Tackles
2.2​
0.1Hitouts
2.2​
0.6Inside 50s
0.8​
0Goal Assists
0.2​
0.6Frees For
1.2​
0.8Frees Against
0.2​
4Contested Possessions
5​
4.8Uncontested Possessions
3.8​
7.1Effective Disposals
6.7​
79.80%Disposal Efficiency %
77.90%​
2.2Clangers
0.9​
1.4Contested Marks
1.4​
0Marks Inside 50
1.8​
0.1Clearances
0.3​
2.3Rebound 50s
0.2​
6.1One Percenters
1.1​
0Bounces
0​
83.6Time On Ground %
78.8​
0Centre Clearances
0​
0.1Stoppage Clearances
0.3​
1.2Score Involvements
3.6​
119.4Metres Gained
84.9​
1.6Turnovers
1.4​
5.8Intercepts
0.8​
0Tackles Inside 50
0.7​

take the future 3rd and make negotiation friends like Wrighty did. the difference with Sleepy Mark is he is a great drafter whereas Wrighty was a great trade negotiator, take a leaf out of Wrights book on trading maybe?
What and learn how to bend over as Wright did for us?? GW and Clarkson set us back years with MM and Sam trying desperately to fix the whole JOM/Wingard mess in a short period of time

No thanks, give me sleepy over GW any day of the week and twice on Sunday’s

I'll go April 21, 2023 at 12:28PM

Ah you beat me to it. I knew I shouldn't have stopped for that GIF...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They really should change that rule about players agreeing to the trade. If contracted you go where the club decide is best for them
Devila advocate here, but we only seem to complain about that rule when it suits us. We are quite happy to accept Mabior coming to us, or Amon last year.

Wright got his targets most of the time, except when the AFL stepped in.
He got his targets at any cost. I doubt we want to start replicating late Hawks era Wright deals.

Devila advocate here, but we only seem to complain about that rule when it suits us. We are quite happy to accept Mabior coming to us, or Amon last year.
Amon was a free agent, he earned his right to choose where he wants to go.

He got his targets at any cost. I doubt we want to start replicating late Hawks era Wright deals.
Yep.

A couple we absolutely should have walked away from.

"We got our man!" ...great, pity we lost the house...

What and learn how to bend over as Wright did for us?? GW and Clarkson set us back years with MM and Sam trying desperately to fix the whole JOM/Wingard mess in a short period of time

No thanks, give me sleepy over GW any day of the week and twice on Sunday’s
the point is we got our targets and some helped us win premierships, the problem is during that time we didnt take the draft seriously and that screwed us for years now.

i agree that

Sleepy - great drafter is better than Wright - a great trader.

The fact it’s worth pennies is a good reason to play hardball on it. Not risking losing much
Howdy hawkers, I come in peace. Just on the Brockman deal, I suspect that the later picks that WCE have will be reserved for Lance Collard who is part of some academy or other, Naitanui or NG. Its not like WC to walk players to the preseason draft usually, but considering Brockman doesn't appear interested in moving to Freo despite the four year offer (crazy, right?), it seems that the hawks will just need to deal and move on.

Amon was a FA, GC to get rid of mabior..not the same. I'm referring to when a player is still contracted but still gets to decide where they go? If your contracted and you want out the club will decide where you go, if the club you nominate can fulfill the trade requirements then you go to the club of choice otherwise you go where its best for the club..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back