Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only deal would be 4 for 6 and 11

Their future first is 15+
Melbourne?

Goodwin and Clarry continue their merry ways might see them bottom 6 in 2024.

The problem with trading down to 6 is that you lose out on that upper tier of players.

McKercher, Duursma, Curtin and Watson are a very diverse group of players with different strengths. All of them have very high ceilings and (bar McKercher) play a position we need them.

After that group you have Sanders, O'Sullivan, Caddy. Sanders is the last thing we need and Caddy has too many flaws to his game to make it a comfortable selection. I don't mind O'Sullivan, he'll be a solid B+ to A grade CHB, but in my mind does everything well rather than having standout elite qualities.

Not sure it's worth a mid F1 given our position.

Last edited:

If Melbourne want into the top 6 standout prospects so badly would they do 6, 11 and a F1 for 4? We can then on trade 11 for something into the future if a McCabe bid comes early. Otherwise I’d stay away from 11 annd trading with Melbourne all together if we have legit concerns of a bid coming.
Yep if they want Duursma that badly, it would need to be that offer I think. We would seriously have to consider that.

If Melbourne want into the top 6 standout prospects so badly would they do 6, 11 and a F1 for 4? We can then on trade 11 for something into the future if a McCabe bid comes early. Otherwise I’d stay away from 11 annd trading with Melbourne all together if we have legit concerns of a bid coming.
Sounds great in theory, but Twomey's rankings are:

1) Reid
2) Walter*
3) Duursma
4) McKercher
5) Watson
6) Curtin
7) Sanders
8) Caddy
9) Read*
10) O'Sullivan
11) Windsor
12) Leak
13) Croft*
14) Rogers*
15) Wilson
16) Tholstrup
17) Collard
18) Hardeman
19) McCabe*
20) Murphy

6 would get pushed back to 7 and 11 could very well be pushed back to 15 or so.

Issue is the pick 11 we would receive - we'd miss out on O'Sullivan presuming we'd take Caddy at 6(7). Murphy would maybe still be in the board but it's touch and go.

There’s always the chance of Melbourne doing a deal with North to give them pick 3 (north get pick 1 off wce , pick 11 off Melbourne , wce get pick 2 and 6 and we lose out on one of Duursma and Watson.

That would be

shinbeggars - Reid
Wce - curtain
Melbourne - Watson
Hawks - Duursma or Mckercher
Dogs - salty tears

Edit of course there will be academy bids in there this is the real live draft

Melbourne offer 6 and f1 for 4 on draft night,

I take that deal.

Draft O'Sullivan and we are a massive trade player in 12 months with two firsts and a future 1st
I think that’s too cheap considering what it has cost teams to move up into that top 6. I’m keeping 4.

Tested directly after the game. Unless he’s snuck some in between the final siren and singing the team song, it was pregame.
I recall he played well against us too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Dees are silly enough to offer 6 + 11 and future first for 4 (doubt it though)...

We can load up with 2 1st rounders or even 3 if we ontrade 11 for future 1st to target Bazlenka and key position players via trading in 2024 and not rely on who wants to be a millionaire via free agency!

Not sure Dees are that deperate though...6 + Future 1st more likely i would say but Hawks miss on top tier then in this draft.

If Dees are silly enough to offer 6 + 11 and future first for 4 (doubt it though)...

We can load up with 2 1st rounders or even 3 if we ontrade 11 for future 1st to target Bazlenka and key position players via trading in 2024 and not rely on who wants to be a millionaire via free agency!

Not sure Dees are that deperate though...6 + Future 1st more likely i would say but Hawks miss on top tier then in this draft.
To move up 2 spots, no way.

There’s always the chance of Melbourne doing a deal with North to give them pick 3 (north get pick 1 off wce , pick 11 off Melbourne , wce get pick 2 and 6 and we lose out on one of Duursma and Watson.

That would be

shinbeggars - Reid
Wce - curtain
Melbourne - Watson
Hawks - Duursma or Mckercher
Dogs - salty tears

Edit of course there will be academy bids in there this is the real live draft
Duursma or mckercher for dogs wouldn’t be salty tears at all…
Mckercher is the 2nd best player in the draft after Reid…

Don’t see any point in trading down. We take Watson or duursma and run
You can also argue what is the point of trading in players from other clubs who have had issues, at best we may win a few more games next year, become middle of road club, not get those high draft picks. At least with trading down, you give yourself hope of picking up a few gems, ofcourse with some risk, it is the unknown isn't it? the guys higher up are more of a chance to be stars, but you just do not know. If it was so simple Sicily would have been been picked much higher in his draft year.

You can also argue what is the point of trading in players from other clubs who have had issues, at best we may win a few more games next year, become middle of road club, not get those high draft picks. At least with trading down, you give yourself hope of picking up a few gems, ofcourse with some risk, it is the unknown isn't it? the guys higher up are more of a chance to be stars, but you just do not know. If it was so simple Sicily would have been been picked much higher in his draft year.
Totally different scenario. You can’t just rebuild through the draft. Shrew trading and good drafting gets you back up to the point end of the ladder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back