List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At what point does the links to players originally recruited by SOS who are having lacklustre careers become concerning given that was his go-to while at Carlton and it didn't lead to much?

Stocker has worked out well but if we are in on Dow and De Koning and whoever else it starts to become overkill.
As a list manager, SOS is a great fullback.

At what point does the links to players originally recruited by SOS who are having lacklustre careers become concerning given that was his go-to while at Carlton and it didn't lead to much?

Stocker has worked out well but if we are in on Dow and De Koning and whoever else it starts to become overkill.
For what it's worth, we were keen on TDK last year, well before SOS was here. I do agree though and hope Gubby is playing a significant role in these discussions.

I would argue that most of us thought the same about Stocker.

The question has got to be asked why Voss keeps playing him in the reserves.

He may come for nothing but he still comes for something.

We also have a guy getting mountains of touches who cant get games in the seniors

They went out and got Hewett and Cerra after drafting Walsh who hit the ground running. Cripps and Walsh are never getting dropped and then they have Kennedy who came good last year so getting a run isn't easy. I remember when he got a run a couple of years back he looked good on ball but then the injured guys returned and they tried to play him outside the mids. He was aright back to the VFL. He seems to have cleaned up his ball use which was hs knock before.

Doubt De Konig comes to us tbh.

I have zero faith in this guy.
He will be another Trout.

To be fair Trout did his damage as a recruiter not list manager. Toce is the guy who finds the talent, Sos is the list architect, contract writer and planner.

I'm indifferent. didn't think much of Stocker before we got him, so I'm happy to give Dow a go if we think he's good enough to go after at a cheap price
Yes this is very true. He did SFA with his cheap possessions on the weekend, and his disposal was poor, however he can get the ball.
Dow for Jones? Reckon we would be at least on par.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have zero faith in this guy.
He will be another Trout.
At least give him a go.
Hammer
Stocker, have both been a big hit.
Agree though that things look dodgy if we got Dow AND TDK.
Hammer, Stocker and Dow would be moneyball, TDK would be a bad move
But if we got
Dow for cheap
MacKay FA
and Whitfield plus a high first as a salary dump, it would be a good haul, especially with the two FRDP's.

Won't become concerning if they cost next to nothing and are still young enough to forge a career

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

To be fair Trout did his damage as a recruiter not list manager. Toce is the guy who finds the talent, Sos is the list architect, contract writer and planner.
So: more responsibility, higher up the food chain, thus greater opportunity to totally screw up.
He’s going to be worse isn’t he?

At least give him a go.
Hammer
Stocker, have both been a big hit.
Agree though that things look dodgy if we got Dow AND TDK.
Hammer, Stocker and Dow would be moneyball, TDK would be a bad move
But if we got
Dow for cheap
MacKay FA
and Whitfield plus a high first as a salary dump, it would be a good haul, especially with the two FRDP's.

The risk with this guy is all on the downside, unfortunately.

Doubt De Konig comes to us tbh.

Hope not.
At best he'd be a minor upgrade on jack hayes.... but at triple the salary of jack.

And of course if we are throwing circa 800k a year at him- then the blues are going to (rightly) demand something huge like 2 firsts with a 2nd back or something.

In fact I would argue even at best TDK would offer no upgrade on hayes- given what we really need to partner marshall is a fwd/ruck, not a ruck/fwd.

I'm keeping my powder dry for now and not getting worked up about it- because there really isn't anything other than baseless speculation.

It would be totally different if marshall was a genuine forward threat or we simply didn't have marshall.....
But we will be gigantic idiots if we cough up big salary cap space and draft picks for a guy like TDK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back