List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been very open to the fact that I was a critic of Dow and since mid year have been watching him pretty closely and have been impressed with what I have seen.

Im not sure I was up everyone who mentioned him last year or if I would jack him off. Also I've never jacked off anyone before so I think if I was going to start now there would probably be heaps ahead of Dow.

I have talked about him a bit in the last week but that is because I've been informed by a reliable source that it's a done deal.

Looking forward to seeing what he can do in a Saints jumper next year. No ambition to jack him off. Cheering for him from the stands is probably as far as I'll go.
Dow plus a fit Zac Jones would give us better midfield mix…fingers crossed 🤞

Are you ok mate?

I’ve literally tried to talk as factual as anything and removed emotion.

We have no genuine afl ruck depth behind Marshall.

Just because your VFL mate rates Heath doesn’t mean he is ready to be an AFL ruck

And it’s completely understandable why we would have an interest in Goldstein and why it would be a huge improvement on our list. Irrespective of his age.
Your getting your wires crossed a little bit mate. I never said my mate rates Heath. I've actually never asked him about Heath but I probably should.

I'm also not disagreeing with you that Goldy is better than what we have for a back up ruck spot. We just don't need him as it's not a big list issue and we don't plan on using anyone not named ROMA.

I'm not argueing with you mate. Don't take it personally. If Campbell has to replace Marshall due to injury for a bit next season it wouldn't be ideal but at this stage let's just be confident that won't happen and be happy that we have one of the best rucks in the comp.

I've been very open to the fact that I was a critic of Dow and since mid year have been watching him pretty closely and have been impressed with what I have seen.

Im not sure I was up everyone who mentioned him last year or if I would jack him off. Also I've never jacked off anyone before so I think if I was going to start now there would probably be heaps ahead of Dow.

I have talked about him a bit in the last week but that is because I've been informed by a reliable source that it's a done deal.

Looking forward to seeing what he can do in a Saints jumper next year. No ambition to jack him off. Cheering for him from the stands is probably as far as I'll go.
He is one of your many posts on Dow when he was brought up last year

2B689762-4E29-4299-B2FD-749EB6DA363F.png
So maybe instead of constantly shit canning every suggestion you can look at it from a different point of view.

We need to find a way to replace possibly 8 or so players and we can’t do all that with a limited amount of good picks.

Not everyone we get will be a star but they may help with depth and who know, one might come good like Dow did?

Yep, and this time last year you were up anyone that mentioned the name Paddy Dow.

Now it seems as though if he got within 6 foot of you you’d be jerking him off with a yabbie pump.

We will be taking a few cheap options that will hopefully improve our depth. While they won’t be stars, it sounds as though the draft will only go to about pick 50 and we need to find ways to replace the players we are letting go.

Every club does it, not just us. There a few cheap recruits playing in the last 6 teams left in the competition that fans would have labelled list cloggers and spuds at times.

That's a very curious expression BirdMan, and one i haven't heard before.
Well done.

He is one of your many posts on Dow when he was brought up last year

View attachment 1802431
So maybe instead of constantly s**t canning every suggestion you can look at it from a different point of view.

We need to find a way to replace possibly 8 or so players and we can’t do all that with a limited amount of good picks.

Not everyone we get will be a star but they may help with depth and who know, one might come good like Dow did?
Well there you go. Again I've been open in admitting I was wrong with Dow. I've said it prior to been called out by you for it. Not sure I can do much more.

I'm not s**** canning every suggestion either. That's absolute hyperbole.

In the past few weeks I've agreed with arguably more suggestions on here than I've disagreed with. Jordan, Duursma, Dow just to name a few off the top of my head.

Matho has played 72 games with a successful AFL team who has an awesome midfield and I have no doubt that tally would exceed 100 games in a non top 4 team
I would bet that is 72 more games that your very good VFL footballer mate has played

Mathieson has played games where his contested rate is through the roof.
GWS round 18 last year ( he didn't play any AFL games this year ) he had 17 contested possessions and 10 clearances.

If he could do that regularly in the midfield he could be pretty special.

Never heard of a yabbie pump. Not sure I want to find out what it is either. Maybe Starvo could find a use for it.

I can see the late night infomercials now ,.............

" No need for lots of different pumps around the house, after you enjoy your meal of delicious yabbies, simply fit the soft attachment and you can use the super yabby 500 to enlarge your ....... "
"And don't forget that with every Super Yabby 500, you get a free telescopic fishing rod with a butt plug end grip."

So we have one genuine ruck on our list in Roma and you would rather persist with using Hayes - who isn’t a ruck and barely been on the park in the last 18 months.

Hammer - who is anything but a ruck and if asked to do it full time would struggle.

Owens - repeat as above.

And then all the rest who are saying, keep and use Tom Campbell 😂

The guy is 32 in November. Has played 2 games for us in 2 years - including none this year. Who at 3 clubs wasn’t even close to holding the #1 or #2 ruck mantle - clearly evidenced by his massive 52 games across 3 clubs and never having once played more then 9 games in a season in his 10 years.

And lastly Heath, isn’t ready and if it came to throwing him in for large runs. Would be detrimental to us and himself.

Meanwhile 35 year old Goldstein just played another 20 afl games this year to bring his career total to 315 games. Highlighting his durability and talent
See the value in Goldy - no doubt. Plenty he can teach our rucks and could mentor Moose.
Question is will they play him?
Seems like that is a big issue.

" No need for lots of different pumps around the house, after you enjoy your meal of delicious yabbies, simply fit the soft attachment and you can use the super yabby 500 to enlarge your ....... "
"And don't forget that with every Super Yabby 500, you get a free telescopic fishing rod with a butt plug end grip."
Still a few months away but could be a decent stocking filler.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why not do both?

Are we getting Rory Sloane yet?

Came in for the Henry chatter, stayed for the fishing tips 🤣
Seriously though, has there been any consensus on his likely draft price? Please excuse my intrusion, I come in peace!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

There is no reality where Goldstein is only a small upgrade on Tom Campbell.

The bloke just played 20 afl games. The bloke would dominate the VFL.

I really can’t believe this is even a discussion on here.

Yeah he is old. But it’s a stop gap and a pretty good one. It allows us a different set up that we definitely could have used last weekend

He'll be another year older next year and he's already slowing down. We should bring back Micheal Gardiner if age is irrelevant.

Last match Goldstein had 18 hit outs and 8 disposals against Witts. Marshall had 18 hit outs and 31 touches in his last match. To me it's just giving Goldy a retirement package. He might dominate the VFL but so does Campbell. Heath doesn't get a run then and develops slower.

Is Moyle realistically gettable? He's a monster of a man who would be a very good get.

He must be interested in game time. Not sure we can offer it, but most want games. He's ready.

He's not AFL standard and will never be. So if we are just going to give a spot to anyone in the midfield how's about we give it to a kid who has a future.

That would be great but we have to have some. It's not a midfielders draft and we are culling mids. If we add one it will be still a few too few.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back