List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's all been blown to crap now. Norff will get Reid and WC get their boy from WA and that's that. It's a massive reconfig of the anticipated market.
Harley Reid probably as rapt as we are with today’s result.
But now the kid will have to go to Norf.

Perhaps this year, but Parish is not a better version of Steele. Jeepers
He’s had Steele covered in every statistic that matters for an inside mid for the past 3 years.

Hewett looks like a real mid, I’m unsure if Philippou is going to be a bonafide mid, he looks a little lost and can’t find the ball when played in the midfield. Hope he improves.
He was the player we were going to trade back into the first round for last year.

We apparently loved him

Pretty confident he will get there - but needs to work on his speed and strength - he is only 18.

Got a bit of ego and seems to want to learn and do the hard work - good combination!
Yep. 18 years 8 months old and has played 22 games when I reckon nearly everyone on this board has at times thought he may need a rest. He was quiet last night but then he bobbed up and slotted a goal when those at least 4 years older were missing them.

Of course you're right on his strength but he wants to make the tackle. His mindset is what we've missed for a very long time. We now have about 4 of them including Pou. I think I'm safe in saying the coach and the assistants rate him....22 games in a rookie season when we have been in the 8 all year. Reckon mindset will set his limit not his 18 year old body.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hewett looks like a real mid, I’m unsure if Philippou is going to be a bonafide mid, he looks a little lost and can’t find the ball when played in the midfield. Hope he improves.
Phillipou is a baby still, almost youngest player in the AFL. Played every game this season quite remarkable. High footy IQ and good engine he will be fine I think

Surely we're considering Bailey Smith.
Question is what's he worth?
Why would we? He's an absolute butcher. Exactly what we don't need.

Why would we? He's an absolute butcher. Exactly what we don't need.
About the same disposal efficiency as Parish, who everyone is having an absolute thunderwank over.

And slightly above Seb Ross, who’s role he would probably usurp, being younger and faster.

Is a potential matchwinner.

For the right price, I don’t see why not.

Phillipou is a baby still, almost youngest player in the AFL. Played every game this season quite remarkable. High footy IQ and good engine he will be fine I think
4 days off being in this year's draft and some are saying he isn't good enough for mid field.
Correct is a baby with 23 senior games under his belt.
Will be a finals player before his peers are even drafted.
All going well, could have 50 games up before he is 20.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Anyone know how Martin Fredericks is going this year at Sturt?

His stats sheet says he’s averaging 19 disposals at 86% disposal efficiency. Elite pace from memory, and could be a cheap pickup.

4 days off being in this year's draft and some are saying he isn't good enough for mid field.
Correct is a baby with 23 senior games under his belt.
Will be a finals player before his peers are even drafted.
All going well, could have 50 games up before he is 20.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
His numbers are comparable to some past greats in their first seasons and those guys were probably seeing more midfield time. Phillipou shouldering the half forward role with Mitchito most of the season. Incredible effort for an 18 year old.

Pendles avg 13 disposals
Bont avg 15 disposals
Fyfe avg 16 disposals
Phillipou avg 13 disposals

About the same disposal efficiency as Parish, who everyone is having an absolute thunderwank over.

And slightly above Seb Ross, who’s role he would probably usurp, being younger and faster.

Is a potential matchwinner.

For the right price, I don’t see why not.

When he's flying he's one of the best to watch in the game. A lot of his kicking issues are because he's kicking running at full pace. I love the way he plays. There is a bit of Jack Steven about him, he's up tempo and exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back