List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's way too much for us to give up. Doug can get us a first on his own. No need to give up another first with him.
I see Dougs as worth between 20-25. 13, 25, and 35 might be slight overs for pick 4, but we're at the point where we need quality over quantity.
4 would guarantee us one of McKercher or Sanders. Maybe even Watson if we're feeling spicy. In a year where there isn't a bunch of midfield talent available after the first 5 or so, I don't mind overpaying for security. No doubt the dogs and others will come hard at that pick 4, I'd love for us to have it.

Steele has been butchering it all year and Parish is a level above him in terms of winning the ball, so I’m sure if we can put up with Steele we can put up with a better version of him as well. We’ve got some good young kids but I don’t think we have time to wait for them to fully develop with Steele, Crouch, Sinclair, Wilkie etc not exactly young. We need to go after some established mids asap.
Perhaps this year, but Parish is not a better version of Steele. Jeepers

Perhaps this year, but Parish is not a better version of Steele. Jeepers
Yeah for some reason Jack's ball drop has become really slow from hand to foot. As a result, his kicking is slow and loopy I wonder if its anything to do with his shoulder or knee injuries.

Liam Henry magic

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Attracting talent 25 and under with upside without giving up our first rounder should be the aim for the next two years.

Turning either a second rounder or one or two of billing, Clarke, Gresh into Henry or Flanders is a win for the future in my opinion.

I am all for trading Dougal if we can line up a stop gap or younger defender that is strong at VFL level and ready to step up.

I would really love to be a fly on the wall in the war room at this time of year and hear who is rated and who is not down at Sandy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Flanders and Parish should be our main targets also think Henry is more chance of being a Saint than not. Hope we are talking to McRae from the pies

Assistant coach to RTB? 🤣

Isaac Heeney is a poor man's Mitch Owens....

There, said it...

On SM-G988B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Our talent identification has improved out of sight. We loved Hewett last year and he looks absolutely the real deal to me. Pity that we couldn't trade up to get ahead of the eagles.
Hewett looks like a real mid, I’m unsure if Philippou is going to be a bonafide mid, he looks a little lost and can’t find the ball when played in the midfield. Hope he improves.

That’s exactly who they would take. If they add sanders for nothing it’s a bit of a joke

There is no grounds whatsoever to change the rules regarding academy players.
OK it could be a "really weird " way of giving them an early pick, but surely if they take that action, they can't give a priority as well. It would have to be instead of.

Surely we're considering Bailey Smith.
Question is what's he worth?

Hewett looks like a real mid, I’m unsure if Philippou is going to be a bonafide mid, he looks a little lost and can’t find the ball when played in the midfield. Hope he improves.
Pretty confident he will get there - but needs to work on his speed and strength - he is only 18.

Got a bit of ego and seems to want to learn and do the hard work - good combination!

Last edited:
Speaking of amazing player named Zaine, Zaine Duursma is pretty much what we need if he becomes a mid, damaging goal kicking mid/fwd. Could be a solid replacement for gresh.

I’m no expert but I’ve watched a few of the metro, country, allies etc games and Duursma will be the best player from the draft, 10x better than his brother. Kids a freak.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Liam Henry maybe Gresh replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back