List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's genuinely a problem in their midfield. We rightly crap on our midfield but Merrett, Parish, Caldwell, Hobbs, etc, is just as bad. Much more talented, much less likely to put a stop to the bleeding when things don't go their way. The pick is worth more to them than Parish.
He makes sense for us cause he'd be free.

They are also a mosquito fleet compared to most modern midfields. Replacing him with a taller more solid extractor makes sense.

Parish is literally the #1 clearance player in the comp.
I was never a fan but there comes a point where you’re just ignoring what’s right in front of you.

Pure extractors are a bit out of style these days but not having one is making your own life harder as well. I'm not as into fashion. There is still a place for them and it makes footy less laborious. He's not a bull like Libba and he's got a softness that makes him a bit vanilla but if he comes for no capital and we don't pay too much over what they offer I think he's a good target. Still prefer Crouch just as a low cost similar type with a bit more size to him. Gresham compo makes him a trade though I guess but he'd be cheap as chips still.

Pure extractors are a bit out of style these days but not having one is making your own life harder as well. I'm not as into fashion. There is still a place for them and it makes footy less laborious. He's not a bull like Libba and he's got a softness that makes him a bit vanilla but if he comes for no capital and we don't pay too much over what they offer I think he's a good target. Still prefer Crouch just as a low cost similar type with a bit more size to him. Gresham compo makes him a trade though I guess but he'd be cheap as chips still.
He’s not a pure extractor. Averages near 500m gained

What we've been looking for in our midfield is some size, but more importantly, another genuine contested footy pig, and speeeeed.

Parish is a bush pig but small.

Smith is bigger, and pretty rapid.

IMO, we need the pace more than the contested footy right at this point.

Smith is a line breaker too. If we lose Gresham we have a pretty stodgy set up. I'd love him at the Saints. He's got some Micheal Roberts or Trevor Barker about him, looks like he lives in a salon.

He’s not a pure extractor. Averages near 500m gained

That's true. Still rather him taking the ball out of the middle and getting it outside because he's a shit user. I think we'd be getting him in as an extractor. 500 meters gained is also 10 long bombed dump kicks a game. Careful what you wish for.

That's true. Still rather him taking the ball out of the middle and getting it outside because he's a s**t user. I think we'd be getting him in as an extractor. 500 meters gained is also 10 long bombed dump kicks a game. Careful what you wish for.
Agree with you I’d look at M Crouch, would also like speed like Barrels suggested, just don’t want to pay big bickies.
Still keen on Flanders but it seems less likely.

In the longer term could we turn Caminiti into the Big CHB and trade Doogs keeping Cordy as the shut down defender.

Allows us to go all out mids.

Doogs and Gresh get us early 20 picks in combo with our 2ndrdp and maybe next year's first in combo for

GCS pick 5 and Flanders and/or Hewitt or Robertson 'the rig' from Bris.

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app

So listening to Whately with King.

Fawns over Carlton. Reckon Essendon is better than last year, Suns will win a flag in the next few years
All of them given minutes. Comes to St.Kilda, less than a minute, King says we aren't skilled and somehow made the finals. Reckons bagging us is not a slight.

Really sick of these media idiots. King, Owens, Naz, Pou, Sincs, Steele, Wilks, etc but we aren't skilled.
Us against the world guys, us against the world.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agree with you I’d look at M Crouch, would also like speed like Barrels suggested, just don’t want to pay big bickies.
Still keen on Flanders but it seems less likely.

No-one likes Matho but he's a bit of an each way bet too. Can win inside ball but runs as well. Think he'd be a good get. He looked really good when he got back in the Lions side late last year. Probably one of those guys that would be best 22 in a lot of other sides but behind too many there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Parish loves his stats, that’s for sure.

Go and chat to an Essendon supporter.
He over accumulates no doubt but that doesn’t change how good he is at winning the ball. Ross would get the crap out of his game and take him to another level.

Just heard Tom Morris say Bailey Smith is desperate for midfield time. Kitchen sink pleaseeeee.

He over accumulates no doubt but that doesn’t change how good he is at winning the ball. Ross would get the crap out of his game and take him to another level.

Just heard Tom Morris say Bailey Smith is desperate for midfield time. Kitchen sink pleaseeeee.
The other one at the Dogs is Jack Macrae. He's an elite mid but playing as a half forward. So bizarre.

The other one at the Dogs is Jack Macrae. He's an elite mid but playing as a half forward. So bizarre.

He's a stat padder and they are out of style. Libba is elite inside and keeping him out of his best spot still. We could definitely re-train him. Footy is very fickle with fashions. 5 years ago these 40 possession a game types were the business. Now everyone wants burst impact inside. Libba has a more brute force contested impact so survives.

So listening to Whately with King.

Fawns over Carlton. Reckon Essendon is better than last year, Suns will win a flag in the next few years
All of them given minutes. Comes to St.Kilda, less than a minute, King says we aren't skilled and somehow made the finals. Reckons bagging us is not a slight.

Really sick of these media idiots. King, Owens, Naz, Pou, Sincs, Steele, Wilks, etc but we aren't skilled.
Us against the world guys, us against the world.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
The Essendon wankfest makes me spew up, I’m glad they’re a rabble

In the longer term could we turn Caminiti into the Big CHB and trade Doogs keeping Cordy as the shut down defender.

Allows us to go all out mids.

Doogs and Gresh get us early 20 picks in combo with our 2ndrdp and maybe next year's first in combo for

GCS pick 5 and Flanders and/or Hewitt or Robertson 'the rig' from Bris.

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Its not a bad idea but natural tall marking forwards dont fall from trees. Caminiti is a ripper and he will become one of the best key forwards in the game given time. The other huge asset Hammer has when playing forward is his capacity to put on forward pressure - not many key forwards can do that. We have Van Es & Adams developing in the key defensive positions, but if we off load Howard we will need to bring in another ready to play tall defender. I think its a given that Highmore will be delisted at seasons end.

If we cant attract another player as a trade, we may have to look at developing Jack Hayes or Caminiti in the tall defender position. Hayes would be my go to given his maturity, size, strength and marking capacities.

Re Phillipou we just need to show some patience and let him mature and develop an AFL ready physique. He has the drive and wants to play midfield and as his strength grows so will his dynamic movements and inside game. Hopefully as that improves so will his tackling techniques as he is being brushed aside by bigger bodies at present.

Its also nice to read we are actively chasing a number of midfielders. If we can add one or two quality players to our midfield next year it will go a long way to us pushing for a top 4 spot and becoming serious challengers.

Haven't seen this shared here yet, it seems we've signed up an Irish footballer Liam O'Connell. Reports are he also "attracted interest" from Carlton and Melbourne. Blow for Ballincollig and Cork as Liam O'Connell agrees AFL move to St Kilda

Key takeaways
  • O'Connell is 20 and was a member of the Cork U-20 team this year.
  • He lived in Australia between the ages of four and 11 so he has knowledge of the game
  • O'Connell's athleticism has apparently drawn St Kilda to him.

He's genuinely a problem in their midfield. We rightly crap on our midfield but Merrett, Parish, Caldwell, Hobbs, etc, is just as bad. Much more talented, much less likely to put a stop to the bleeding when things don't go their way. The pick is worth more to them than Parish.
I honestly think all this Parish talk is a waste of time..he’ll stay at Essendon, just hanging out for maximum deal

What we've been looking for in our midfield is some size, but more importantly, another genuine contested footy pig, and speeeeed.

Parish is a bush pig but small.

Smith is bigger, and pretty rapid.

IMO, we need the pace more than the contested footy right at this point.
Smith should be our main target and would be well worth whatever he would cost. Has the attributes we severely lack and is the perfect age for us.

Key takeaways
  • O'Connell is 20 and was a member of the Cork U-20 team this year.
  • He lived in Australia between the ages of four and 11 so he has knowledge of the game
  • O'Connell's athleticism has apparently drawn St Kilda to him.
How tall is he?

That's a completely false economy though, because the probable cost of his contract means we likely lose out on other targets.
I thought this when we got Crouch as a FA, but probably cost ourselves a chance at getting Treloar. Since then, both have had remarkably similar runs, so we haven't really lost anything at all, and Crouch is a year younger.

Bird in the hand and all of that.....if Parish wants in, he's welcome.

He's a stat padder and they are out of style. Libba is elite inside and keeping him out of his best spot still. We could definitely re-train him. Footy is very fickle with fashions. 5 years ago these 40 possession a game types were the business. Now everyone wants burst impact inside. Libba has a more brute force contested impact so survives.
Ahem... Matt Crouch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back