List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Courtesy of Lore

Last edited by a moderator:
All of those deals are not reflective on the current landscape though.

Flynn and Jordan just got their clubs second round picks.

Doedee just got end of first and he has an acl injury
An ACL injury is not part of the equation.
Flynn and Jordan free agents?

Salary went down during covid but came back.
Its unlikely that Gresham will be paid in the top 5% of AFL salaries, which is the trigger for round one compensation.

Contrary to belief, the AFL don't make it up based on who they reckon is a good player.

View attachment 1826185
can't read because of paywall.. someone able to cut and paste? I could do with a laugh today.
Long article complete with every draft Dodoro has participated in. Liked this justification about selecting Scott Gumbleton

Long-suffering Essendon fans bemoan two Dodoro draft choices. In the 2006 draft, the Bombers selected key position prospect Scott Gumbleton with pick two, leaving Geelong to take Joel Selwood at seven.

The following year, Essendon used pick six to take David Myers, while Hawthorn selected Cyril Rioli at 11.

Every club would have taken Selwood in hindsight and in a 2020 podcast, Dodoro described Gumbleton (45 games in seven injury-blighted seasons) as “pick two every day of the week”.

“He had everything that Nick Riewoldt had at the same age, let’s not make any mistake about that,” Dodoro said. “That’s why he went pick two and that’s why he probably broke a lot of our hearts.”

here we go again, just said again on Trade Radio that if offers came in for Jack Steele (or anyone else, but specifically mentioned Jack Steele) and they were good enough, We would probably take it

An ACL injury is not part of the equation.
Flynn and Jordan free agents?

Salary went down during covid but came back.
Its unlikely that Gresham will be paid in the top 5% of AFL salaries, which is the trigger for round one compensation.

Contrary to belief, the AFL don't make it up based on who they reckon is a good player.
There's more to the equation than simply the $$$.

Age impacts it too.

Gresh is 3 months older than McKay who has been mentioned as a young free agent. Both have the same birth year.

There's more to the equation than simply the $$$.

Age impacts it too.

Gresh is 3 months older than McKay who has been mentioned as a young free agent. Both have the same birth year.

OK lets see , good luck with your tier one.
Personally i'm not letting myself in for that little emotional fall.

I'm crossing my fingers we're inside tier 2. ( Amon was only last year ).

No-one wanted Billings in the last trade period. Why the heck did we give him 500k a year???

Because the AFLPA negotiated a 'salary floor' that says all clubs have to spend at least 95% of their cap each year, regardless of how good/bad they are.

Billings has 'potential' so we paid him based on that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Double ACL Doedee can, anything is possible!

View attachment 1826164
I had a read of the Freo trade thread last night and gees they are angry that Henry has asked for a trade. They know they are losing a player who is just starting to blossom and consequently want our first round selection for him. Freo traded out all the early picks in last years trade period so they are putting all the balls in this basket.

The Dogs have traded out their early picks and the first they have remaining is now #38. Unless their is a swap for Lobb, #38 will be the best we get for Coffield. Hopefully we get pick #13 compo for Gresham, then we can offer either pick #32 or #38 or a F2nd for Henry.
Bulldogs pick 38 will ballon out to 40 odd…that won’t get it done, especially with Coffield on 23 years old!
Maybe an exchange of future picks as a sweetener

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but the whole "Top 5%" thing is based on the contract status of players at Round 1 2023.

But the salary cap has gone up by 15% for 2024. Hence why I reckon all of the compo so far this Trade window has looked to be overs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back