List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s not a serial under performer. He’s a bit of a GOP that gets paid like a star. He led Freo’s goal kicking the year they moved him on. He has been the victim of high expectations more than anything. Partially his fault for chasing the big dollars. All fans hate guys who take money but don’t perform to the perceived value.
He’s also been squeezed out, bulldogs in particular had no height and became obsessed with it. Two father sons and a cat B later and he’s surplus on big money. He’d go alright with us, his versatility pretty much puts him in the 23 so long as he’s fit and in decent form. Just can’t be paying anything other his money, we might even get a little bonus if the bulldogs are short of cash.

Except that GWS deal was nothing to do with the Henry deal. Still lucky that GWS wanted Leake so badly. We also used up all our later picks for this season last year. Pretty sure we only have our first and second round picks left.

I think that's why they want to trade out Membrey, Paton, Hayes, Howard etc and let Battle walk. None of the apart from Battle will get much back but they could possibly use them to sell to teams with FS or academy players for points. Or use them in trades for some of the spuds mentioned.
We have our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks. Our 5th round pick will elevate to a 4th after all the priority access picks are taken out. So in fact we have a full hand.

A 2025 team 23 with what we have currently got.

B. Wilkie Howard Hastie

H.B. NWM (Battle or Caminiti) Sinclair

C. Wilson (Crouch or Steele) (Hill or Wood)

H.F. (Butler or Wood) (Caminiti or Keeler) Henry

F. (Sharman or Owens) King Higgins

Foll. Marshall (Crouch or Phillipou or Steele) (Garcia or Windhager)

I/C. Heath, Sch'maker, =25?

We have our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks. Our 5th round pick will elevate to a 4th after all the priority access picks are taken out. So in fact we have a full hand.

Just had a look. It looks like we swapped with Melbourne rather than sold the third round off.

Just looked through our list again & trying to predict who will get the cut at the end of the season.

Definate's:

Allison, Campbell, Jones, Ross

Maybe's:

Bonner, Hayes, Hotton, McLennan, Membrey, Paton, Stocker, Webster

Crouch-dependant on where his knee is at?
I don’t think Hotton, McLennan, Paton, Stocker, Webster and Bonner are in much trouble but you never know.

Allison, Hayes, Membrey, Jones, Campbell, and Ross maybe are all in trouble imo.

When you add in Battle and the usual surprise or two that’s still a big turnover.

We’ve tried to get another ruck a few times. And failed. We definitely need one. And one who can play forward would be handy. The cupboard around clubland seems pretty bare.

I’d be surprised if we got Lobb that the dogs weren’t paying some of his salary. That would make it ok in my book. We really have no insurance for Roma. Or help. Hayes would have been perfect.

We’ve tried to get another ruck a few times. And failed. We definitely need one. And one who can play forward would be handy. The cupboard around clubland seems pretty bare.

I’d be surprised if we got Lobb that the dogs weren’t paying some of his salary. That would make it ok in my book. We really have no insurance for Roma. Or help. Hayes would have been perfect.

Dogs would want something for him as far as picks go unless we were paying all of his salary.

Hayes is a bit of a wildcard, I have no idea how bad his knee is but if list spots are tight he might be gone. He’s lousy at the centre bounce but is decent at throw ins and is a bloody good footballer. It would be a shame if that’s it for him but that’s AFL these days, Hayes should have been picked up years ago.

Hayes is a bit of a wildcard, I have no idea how bad his knee is but if list spots are tight he might be gone. He’s lousy at the centre bounce but is decent at throw ins and is a bloody good footballer. It would be a shame if that’s it for him but that’s AFL these days, Hayes should have been picked up years ago.
I'd be surprised if Hayes or Van Es get another contract. Just haven't been able to get on the park. Hotton probably gone aswell. Allison gone.

There are quite a few obvious delistings this year.

That’s why continuing to work with Heath works.
If get a decent ruck through trade they’ll expect to play every week.
A rookie ruck will come in for games until afl ready.

I still think Pittonet is a good option. Probably 3-4 decent years left in him to mentor Heath through the ranks while freeing up Marshall. Can’t see Pitt not wanting to join us if we offer him 15+ games per year as main ruck partnered with Marshall as opposed to being 5 games/year behind TDK. Should be able to get him for very cheap

I'd be surprised if Hayes or Van Es get another contract. Just haven't been able to get on the park. Hotton probably gone aswell. Allison gone.

There are quite a few obvious delistings this year.
JVE will surely get one. He's had only the 1 issues that was exasperated from surgical complications. Just needs to heal up properly.

I still think Pittonet is a good option. Probably 3-4 decent years left in him to mentor Heath through the ranks while freeing up Marshall. Can’t see Pitt not wanting to join us if we offer him 15+ games per year as main ruck partnered with Marshall as opposed to being 5 games/year behind TDK. Should be able to get him for very cheap
The trouble is Max Heath plays his best footy when he is the only ruck in the team, he is not learning to be a ruck man standing in the goal square

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The trouble is Max Heath plays his best footy when he is the only ruck in the team, he is not learning to be a ruck man standing in the goal square
That’s not what I meant. Heath probably isn’t ready to play full seasons, so we need a stop gap who’ll cover for him when he needs a rest or spell in the VFL. Pitt and Heath will never play in the same team. It’ll either be Heath and Row or Pitt and Row

That’s not what I meant. Heath probably isn’t ready to play full seasons, so we need a stop gap who’ll cover for him when he needs a rest or spell in the VFL. Pitt and Heath will never play in the same team. It’ll either be Heath and Row or Pitt and Row
Heath is enough just play him.

Agree on skills, but I think decision making has been poor too. Players have looked lost. Those things can be influenced by coaching.

Don't know how many times I've read the list is just shit, in an effort to lay all the blame on the players.

It's the responsibility of the coaches to get the players up and about and playing well. I don't think our coaching group, with maybe the exception of Enright, have had a good year.

It doesn't mean I want Lyon gone.... I don't.

Clearly the players need to take responsibility too.

This list is capable of much better footy than we've shown this year. Here's hoping we turned a corner on the weekend.
Chicken or egg between the mids and forwards and players/coaching?

Mids to me are lacking in ability to win clean footy that coaching becomes little more than a hope (please please just win the footy against your opponent. Read that bounce of it like they do etc etc. If you see someone inside 50 please please try kick it towards one of ours and give them some chance). We just have to draft our own guns in there as seldom few move and not to clubs like ours until they get runs on the board going deep in finals series.

I do struggle with the coaching of the forwards though. They can come sit with me in aisle 30 and listen to me moan about their intensity and leading patterns. It is a glaring issue and I do lean to coaching being the problem. It is the coaching line I hope Bassatt is questioning Ross on and asking him what needs to be done to get better in. We need an Enright level coach for the forwards....

JVE will surely get one. He's had only the 1 issues that was exasperated from surgical complications. Just needs to heal up properly.
Yeah, agree. He was in the Victory Room before the Port game. He's a great size. Very broad across the shoulders and built up arm size/definition. Surely we give him a year to see if it's healed and he has the pace to play at AFL level.

How many games have we played two rucks this year ??? Yes its 2 so when Pitt is not playing in the ones he will be playing for Sandy so I don't know how you can say Pitt will never play with Heath.
Who in their right mind could even think I was talking about heath playing a full season for the saints
They will at Sandy

Spongebob Squarepants Cheering GIF

I won't be wasting any more time cleaning this thread up again because apparently a few can't comprehend simple instructions. This is not the place for petty arguments, name calling or personal attacks. If you have zero self control and can't keep yourself from getting into arguments on the internet, consider using the 'block' function. This is the last warning and next time you'll be removed from the thread. Thanks!

Just looked through our list again & trying to predict who will get the cut at the end of the season.

Definate's:

Allison, Campbell, Jones, Ross

Maybe's:

Bonner, Hayes, Hotton, McLennan, Membrey, Paton, Stocker, Webster

Crouch-dependant on where his knee is at?
Doubt any of Paton, Stocker or Webster get moved on. All capable of seniors and/or very good depth.
Crouch has a contract so he’ll be staying.

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back