List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

ohhhh mid season trading - Shiel can be got in June

Happy Season 5 GIF by Friends
He's falling apart, by mid season next year he will be sharing a room with DMac at Healing Hans sanitorium in Germany.

Last edited:
Right across it aren’t you Habibi 🥰
Oh look, finally built up the courage to respond instead of lurking away in the shadows giving it the Dan McStays sniffing licking and laughing away

Which is why for me, Shiel+9 = pick 21.

You want a war chest, go to war, otherwise that salary doesn't move much at all. That's where you go hard on since you give elsewhere.

The only way that could possibly happen would be if Essendon had a few deals to complete near the deadline and the AFL blocked them because of the salary cap.

Desperation would then kick-in.

It’s a nice thought but it won’t happen.

I feel like the only appeal in getting Shiel is for no draft cost, or even a form of draft gain - by taking on his salary.
But people speaking on behalf of the bombers claim they don't need to free up the cap space that desperately.

So how and why would this get done? Got to think if they're still flip-flopping about it on trade radio, someone out there is still talking about it - whether it's us, essendon or Shiel's manager. But it's not like they're just driving up his contract price or anything, so what's the angle?

Nothing is making complete sense just yet. I only hope that it's not us chasing him and preparing to pay up, pick-wise - that'd be the last thing I'd want us to do.

If I was in that position I'm not doing it regardless, you'd have to go top 5 for me to even consider it as Shiel is that cooked and F Dodo and the dopers. Then again, a young me was also dropping F bombs at an umpire pre game and threatening violence as you don't get to verbal my team and walk away champ, I will nuke yo ass. So not the most likely to be making those sort of deals to begin with, hence the later "sign this plz" position.

Much easier to tell a person you shit, find another job, than to listen to utter crap from smug people who have positions elsewhere.

Just in this sort of world, you fight that deal if you have any interest in Shiel, as Dons don't sell, they straight don't, so if there is a chink in that armour of "we need to get rid of this salary" you take as much as you can cause it won't happen again for a while is all.

Shiel deal is done for some future late pick swaps and we are using money left from Billings deal to help bring Shiel across.

AFL advised deal to be approved after 7pm

Things could get ugly next year if we get a few injuries.

Jones and McKenzie never play. Ross starting to become more injury prone. Membrey a good chance to not play again.

Billings, Gresh and Coffield all gone. It won't take many injuries before we are relying on 2nd and even 1st year players to be in the side.

I have NFI how far the likes of Hotton etc are of AFL pace, but the list depth looks a real concern.

Would not be shocked if we have to go backwards before playing finals again.
Henry and Dow will play more games next year then Billing’s and Coffield have in the their last two years at Stkilda

Hotton will play a few games next year imo

Essendon need a future third rounder to go back to Port and we have two of them

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'd much rather just catch up with Dodo in the hallway and go "you need a 3rd rounder, and you don't have one, we have two and we aint given ya one, nyaaa nyaa nyaaa nayy "

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shiel deal is done for some future late pick swaps and we are using money left from Billings deal to help bring Shiel across.

AFL advised deal to be approved after 7pm
Can you post this on Lores board.

I will never bag you again if correct

They shopped him.

It is very hard to walk it back if the player then decides he wants out.

If he stays and he could very well - Essendon have botched the handling of this.

But with no extra info other then what I’ve already shared.

I’m going to tip a late trade.
What are you thinking on cost?

Which is why for me, Shiel+9 = pick 21.

You want a war chest, go to war, otherwise that salary doesn't move much at all. That's where you go hard on since you give elsewhere.
Totally agree, it we take Shiel, then I'd want Essendon's first involved in the deal, otherwise it's a hamstring for the next year or two

Forgot that we've been agreeing a lot lately, Biffo?

Might be time to have a look in the mirror, big dog 😎
If I do that there will be movement than the last day of the trade period

Things could get ugly next year if we get a few injuries.

Jones and McKenzie never play. Ross starting to become more injury prone. Membrey a good chance to not play again.

Billings, Gresh and Coffield all gone. It won't take many injuries before we are relying on 2nd and even 1st year players to be in the side.

I have NFI how far the likes of Hotton etc are of AFL pace, but the list depth looks a real concern.

Would not be shocked if we have to go backwards before playing finals again.

Best team

1. Crouch
2. Marshall
3. Ross
4. NWM
5. Hill
6. Steele
7. Owens - Hasn't hit beast mode yet
8. King - Hasn't hit beast mode yet
9. Butler
10. Windhager (the defender)
11. Higgins
12. Phillipou
13. Battle
14. Webster
15. Wood
16. Sinclair
17. Sharman
18. Wilkie
19. Caminiti

Injury free depth

1. Dow (still to prove he can be consistent)
2. Henry (still to prove he can carry the second half of this year onto next year)
3. Clark
4. Byrnes
5. Stocker
6. Howard
7. Cordy
8. Paton

Always injured

1. Jones
2. Hayes
3. Mckenzie

Mental health

1. Membrey

Break glass

1. Highmore
2. Campbell

Developing

1. Heath - Hopefully next year he takes the leap.
2. Allison
3. Hotton
4. Mclennan
5. Keeler
6. Van Ess
7. O'Connell

-------------------------------------------------

Four players to recruit

Not so bad?

List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Back