Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Lalor looks a real beast but just worry about some of his injuries (aware other top prospects have injuries too like Draper etc).

I'll be happy with any of:

Lalor
Smith
FOS
Draper
Langford

Surely we couldn't go wrong with one of those?!?

This pick has to be a 200+ gamer for the club. Please dont stuff it up Hamish.

My preference would be:

Lalor
Draper
Smith
Lanford
FOS

Purely from just watching video highlights:

Lalor > Draper/Smith > The rest

Taj Hotton looks very good, if it wasn't for his ACL, I'd put him in the Draper/Smith group, although he plays the game a bit differently. We need the Draper/Smith type to help out Soligo and replace Laird and you'd hope either of these would be good to go in 2025. Lalor is probably more a projected midfielder, who, a bit like Rachele and Rankine, would start his career forward, but potentially could be anything if it all works out.

Thinking back to that St Kilda group:

Draper/Smith a bit like Luke Ball
Lalor a bit like Goddard
Hotton a bit like Dal Santo

Draper to NORTH makes sense ....their midfield isn't quick, and they don't need yet another big bodied Mid

Draper suits Norths midfield mix

What? There’s two things wrong.

LDU and Wardlaw both ran faster 20m times in their draft years than Draper.

McKercher has one of the quickest 20-30m splits in the entire AFL once he hits top speed, has one of the highest top speeds in the comp also.

Draper is probably my favorite mid of the top group, should be an absolute no brainer for you lot if available. But he’s not what I’d consider a big bodied mid though.

He has the same ballistic intensity as Wardlaw around the ball. It’s rare.

What? There’s two things wrong.

LDU and Wardlaw both ran faster 20m times in their draft years than Draper.

McKercher has one of the quickest 20-30m splits in the entire AFL once he hits top speed, has one of the highest top speeds in the comp also.

Draper is probably my favorite mid of the top group, should be an absolute no brainer for you lot if available. But he’s not what I’d consider a big bodied mid though.

He has the same ballistic intensity as Wardlaw around the ball. It’s rare.
Is that so? What times are those?

Wardlaw didn’t test at the combine.

Is that so? What times are those?

Wardlaw didn’t test at the combine.

He did at the CTL pre-season testing.

2.92 20m
101cm RVJ
8.33 agility
600 yo-yo

Not to mention smashed most of the u/18 powerlifting records in closed testing. He did the same to some of Majak Daws club records in his first week at North.

He’s one of the best power athletes ever tested at u18 level in Victoria. That’s a vertical comparable to Nic Nat and has a 10m acceleration split around Dangerfields.

Goes under the radar because of the unassuming way he looks/plays, lack of vision having missed virtually 90% his top age year and the fact he didn’t test at the combine also, so not publicly released.

He’s also very much burst over 5-10m rather than someone like McKercher or Windsor who burn players off over 30-40m runs. So not as noticeable unless watching. It’s most noticeable in his defensive efforts actually, his closing speed is insane at times.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back