Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

With Milera coming back I fear Oscar is going to be depth still
You have more confidence than me that the returning Milera will be an automatic best 22.

Ruptured patellar tendon injuries are on the serious end in footballers.

Jaeger O'Meara has never been the same player he was prior to doing his losing some speed and agility in the process and he was only 21 (Milera 26 at the time) a player that has previously relied on his speed and agility?

Not sure, maybe not?I would just hope that we can explore a raft of scenario's to try as getting multiple players at the top end this year could be huge for us going forward although I suspect that we are happy with just 1 pick there and are focused on Luko, ANB and then getting welsh who ..touch wood, may end up a rookie pick the way things are trending.

I think I'm hoping we do Cumming, Luko, ANB and have at least two picks in the first 25. I think getting picks might be the hard thing this year ...

For me Ashcroft is a clear number 1, closely followed by Smith.

Richmond would be silly not to take Smith seeing he's already lighting up their VFL team and looks to be a set and forget 200+ gamer to rebuild the list around.

North you'd think would be wary about taking another midfielder from SA, and from South Adelaide!

I think FOS fits their bill quite nicely as a POD and next best available, they've already got a few absolute pure mid guns, and FOS' ability to get forward should complement what they already have

West Coast will be interesting, and you think will just go next best available again in Smillie or Draper.

Just remember not all clubs are going to be selecting a player because they're ripping up the state league comps, there will be a view to their age in the calendar year and their ceiling, which may not be fully apparent in their performances as kids.

Can Collingwood trade a F1? WIth their lack of youth, are they going to do it just to get Keane and pick 26?

And what do other clubs value our F1 at? We were disappointing this year because we were widely expected to do better. Do clubs expact us to stay shit next year, or do they expect us to do next year what they thought would happen this year?

They took a 1st round pick in 2022 and 2023, so should be okay to trade F1. I think It's a rolling 4 year thing?

They would then have to use one in 2026

Bundle up future first with some second rounders to get pick 7 from GCS
Then we get 2 of them

GC will want pick 7 before the Lombard bid. No way they trade it

Where would Lombard genuinely sit?

Feels he has slipped in the ratings because he is GC bound - dominated the carnival

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

For me Ashcroft is a clear number 1, closely followed by Smith.

Richmond would be silly not to take Smith seeing he's already lighting up their VFL team and looks to be a set and forget 200+ gamer to rebuild the list around.

North you'd think would be wary about taking another midfielder from SA, and from South Adelaide!

I think FOS fits their bill quite nicely as a POD and next best available, they've already got a few absolute pure mid guns, and FOS' ability to get forward should complement what they already have

West Coast will be interesting, and you think will just go next best available again in Smillie or Draper.

Just remember not all clubs are going to be selecting a player because they're ripping up the state league comps, there will be a view to their age in the calendar year and their ceiling, which may not be fully apparent in their performances as kids.

Surely North take Smillie or Lalor. They have smaller mids in spades - McKercher, Wardlaw, - even Sheezel not a monster.

I actually expect North to trade down with either Richmond or GC
They really don’t need a midfielder - particularly if LDU is staying - but they need pretty much everything else

You have more confidence than me that the returning Milera will be an automatic best 22.

Ruptured patellar tendon injuries are on the serious end in footballers.

Jaeger O'Meara has never been the same player he was prior to doing his losing some speed and agility in the process and he was only 21 (Milera 26 at the time) a player that has previously relied on his speed and agility?
Yep. Milera is a bonus from here if he can get back and in form , wouldn’t be relying on it

Surely North take Smillie or Lalor. They have smaller mids in spades - McKercher, Wardlaw, - even Sheezel not a monster.

They really don’t need a midfielder - particularly if LDU is staying - but they need pretty much everything else

North should trade down and take Trainor and Shanahan if they can make it happen

GC will want pick 7 before the Lombard bid. No way they trade it

Where would Lombard genuinely sit?

Feels he has slipped in the ratings because he is GC bound - dominated the carnival

He should be in mix for top 5 still but feels like he’s not

He might be in the 8-14 range , feels like he should go before then , I’d have him before Draper for example

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lalor also good for north

Unfortunately no sound on the source broadcast.

Just when I think the race for pick 1 couldn't get any messier, we get a performance like this from Lalor. As powerful and dynamic a contested game as I've seen this year. He won his own footy at stoppage, took contested intercept marks around the ground, layed bumps and tackles. He was an unstoppable beast all game, although his kicking was a little more wayward than usual.

For those saying he is slow , I think these edits show something different

Powerful mover to get out of congestion

Imagine how he would move after an afl weights program and pre seasons ( of which he hasn’t had any due to cricket and injury )

For those saying he is slow , I think these edits show something different

Powerful mover to get out of congestion

Imagine how he would move after an afl weights program and pre seasons ( of which he hasn’t had any due to cricket and injury )
Who's saying he's slow?
I don't know his 20m time but he's most certainly not slow on anything I've ever seen...again a couple of nice overhead contested marks in those highlights and the customary Dusty/Harley straight arm fend offs.

Who's saying he's slow?
I don't know his 20m time but he's most certainly not slow on anything I've ever seen...again a couple of nice overhead contested marks in those highlights and the customary Dusty/Harley straight arm fend offs.
People a few pages back questioning his speed when compared to Draper which I get but he brings power and physical dominance and isn’t near slow

Hasnt that always been the AFC selection criteria, all things equal, you always go with the local talent?
To be a good club we have to get over this “take any SA boy we can get” attitude. If we’re still scared that interstate guys will go home, then we haven’t made our club a place where players want stay - poor culture. Port does it pretty well, why can’t we?

To be a good club we have to get over this “take any SA boy we can get” attitude. If we’re still scared that interstate guys will go home, then we haven’t made our club a place where players want stay - poor culture. Port does it pretty well, why can’t we?
Given how poor the SA program is if we just go local we will stay ordinary for a long time , we need to get the best players we can from anywhere within reason

Because we’ve got muppets in charge

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back