Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

VC run out winners by 2 points after Sam Lalor iced the game with less than 2 minutes to go,

Great game, plenty of talent out there that will no doubt be on AFL lists in 2025.

VC 13.12 90
Allies 14.4 88.

Couple of running backs the highlight for me Tobie Travaglia and Lachie Jaques, happy to draft either.

Riley Onley the 194cm mid/utility looks a top 10 prospect for 2025

Gee looking at current order Freo are stacked
And with Logan McD just re-signed to swans it’s an interesting situation

If they were really bold they say to North
Here is 12,13,16 for pick 2

Gives NM 3 more good kids - Freo get 1 elite
Win/win

Can see Freo making a big push for Bolton, Richmond would have to look at it considering where their list is at. Alternatively they could try and spin those picks into 2025 in the hopes they can shake Warner free from the Swans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree, bar Rankine were quite bereft of pace, even on our wings/HBFs (Hinge, Sholl, Dowling, Nankervis etc). Need to address that

Darcy was a huge favourite of mine in his draft year, was always electric and daring

Bang on. For some reason we've drafted a tonne of MID/FWD's and FWD/MIDS, all of them managing to be on the small side, but also not very quick. Chayce Jones & Hamill both fairly quick too, but nothing incredible, and certainly nothing aside from Rankine out of the middle or on the outside.

Bang on. For some reason we've drafted a tonne of MID/FWD's and FWD/MIDS, all of them managing to be on the small side, but also not very quick. Chayce Jones & Hamill both fairly quick too, but nothing incredible, and certainly nothing aside from Rankine out of the middle or on the outside.
How many of the top mids in the game figure in the top 10 of the 20m combine testing?...I can answer that for you...very, very, very few.

How many of the top mids in the game figure in the top 10 of the 20m combine testing?...I can answer that for you...very, very, very few.

We're not talking about combine testing though, we're talking about players in general who are top tier and are quick in terms of breakaway speed from a stoppage or long sprint runs on the wing in comparison to what we have...

We don't have a single player in our midfield mix aside from Rankine who has true burst speed.

Pedlar is looking increasingly NOT that guy...

We're not talking about combine testing though, we're talking about players in general who are top tier and are quick in terms of breakaway speed from a stoppage or long sprint runs on the wing in comparison to what we have...

We don't have a single player in our midfield mix aside from Rankine who has true burst speed.

Pedlar is looking increasingly NOT that guy...
Soligo is no slouch. See yesterday.

Also a massive difference in speed testing in a gym versus in game speed, where you need to read the play and react etc, plus have the agility to move through traffic as well.

Someone like Pendlebury wouldn’t have elite high end speed but his ability to mover through traffic like everyone else Is standing still, sets him apart.

Speed is great and we definitely need more in our side, but there other attributes to consider as well.

Soligo has footy smarts and skills in spades, I wouldn't put him in the category of lightning quick.

Don't get me wrong I can see where Mutineer is going with his comment, there's a lot of premium midfielders out there who aren't super quick, but they usually have a compliment of players with speed around them..

We....do not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back