Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I like Dodson but yeah

I’d do it for Hotton or Joe Berry, or a Murphy Reid/Langford if they slid. Also like a few of the young talls in that range, but not sure that’s what we need if we’re trading our F1
Joe Berry would really suit us as a player IMO

I think he will be very popular amongst the clubs , have him rated at 10 currently

I actually quite rate his kick . Love his inside / outside balance and size

Has some decent point of difference which is what we should be looking at in a mid
Fair enough, he can get great distance but just not a huge fan of his ability to lace out targets, based on what I’ve seen. Agree on the inside/outside balance

Think Lindsay or Travaglia, for example, would be a greater point of difference as super damaging players

Joe Berry would really suit us as a player IMO

I think he will be very popular amongst the clubs , have him rated at 10 currently
Maybe not a pure mercurial goalsneak but gee he’s just so well rounded for a forward, can just about do everything that’s required in that role

Good to have you back mate btw :)

I actually quite rate his kick . Love his inside / outside balance and size

Has some decent point of difference which is what we should be looking at in a mid
Harvey Langford best on for the Stingrays AGAIN yesterday with 32 disposals 18K 14Hb 10 marks and 1.3 against a strong Dragons outfit....a goalkicking mid like Sam Lalor though not quite as mercurial as Sam.

Might have to change my mind on Jagga Smith after yesterday, had him outside my top 4 or 5 so will make it a priority to watch the replay at some point. Admitedly it was against the unaligned Williamstown VFL but geezus that looks like a big effort. 31D 20K 11Hb 8Cl...Only downer went at 41.9% DE

View attachment 2054449
I watched the last half and he seems a real hard running ball magnet. Great skills too. I would take him with our pick because he runs both ways. Just a non stop motor.

I watched the last half and he seems a real hard running ball magnet. Great skills too. I would take him with our pick because he runs both ways. Just a non stop motor.
I wouldn't, I think we need an more explosive type mid for our mix, bigger bodied an added bonus if available..

Bo Allan looks good to me too, wouldn't be bad to have another WA stablemate for Curtin to hang with either.

Doesn't Travalagia remind everyone else of Mackay? Will he put the meat on? Surely the board doesn't wish for this all again (yes I know he actually has a range of attributes which separates him from our former friend).

Harvey Langford best on for the Stingrays AGAIN yesterday with 32 disposals 18K 14Hb 10 marks and 1.3 against a strong Dragons outfit....a goalkicking mid like Sam Lalor though not quite as mercurial as Sam.
That he goes up a level when the opposition is stronger- along with his overhead marking power - makes him a very enticing prospect.

Sid Draper with 20 disposals, a goal, five clearances (equal most for South) and four I50s in the SANFL against Port about halfway in the last quarter.

Not a bad day out!
If Adelaide try and be hero’s and win a majority of there last handful of games and miss out on Draper in the draft. I’ll hand my membership in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Adelaide try and be hero’s and win a majority of there last handful of games and miss out on Draper in the draft. I’ll hand my membership in.
Thankfully in that regard, we would have to beat a red hot geelong in geelong, sydney in stdney, a very lively hawthorn side this weekend, a bulldogs side needing wins to make the 8 and the port power franchise

Thankfully in that regard, we would have to beat a red hot geelong in geelong, sydney in stdney, a very lively hawthorn side this weekend, a bulldogs side needing wins to make the 8 and the port power franchise
Dogs 50/50
Hawks 50/50
Port - win
Syd - loss
Cats - loss

Baring other results 3/5 wins (pick 7-9)

Draper easy top 5 pick, so how good the win on Friday was, it could potentially have a future effect down the track

Dogs 50/50
Hawks 50/50
Port - win
Syd - loss
Cats - loss

Draper easy top 5 pick, so how good the win on Friday was, it could potentially have a future effect down the track
You have us 50/50 against the Hawks with our 2 best players in Rankine and Dawson and also Murray and Butts out??? I think Draper will go top 2 and we will need to trade up to get him anyway and also 13th is 2 games a head of us (they just need to win one game to finish a head of us, very unlikely).

It's a safe bet we'll be trying to win every game. When push comes to shove, no coaching group, or selection committee can afford to care about draft position.

And with Thilthorpe back, who knows. Our ball movement has seemingly sharpened up since his return.

Dogs 50/50
Hawks 50/50
Port - win
Syd - loss
Cats - loss

Realistically our draft pick before any pick swaps or compensation will be between 4 and 6, with a very high chance of being exactly 5.

We are currently 14th. Even winning 4 of the last 5 we finish on 46 points and the currently 13th place team already has 36 with 5 games to play. Very hard to finish above 13th unless we win every game and no chance of finishing below 15th.

It's a safe bet we'll be trying to win every game. When push comes to shove, no coaching group, or selection committee can afford to care about draft position.

And with Thilthorpe back, who knows. Our ball movement has seemingly sharpened up since his return.
Rankine and Dawson out makes it hard to win next week. Two best players out in a bottom 5 side always hurts

It’s not as if Sid Draper is the only good player in the top 10 , it’s very damn even

I like him but I also like others , alot to play out still re the top 10 order

It’s not as if Sid Draper is the only good player in the top 10 , it’s very damn even

I like him but I also like others , alot to play out still re the top 10 order
I think the evenness of the top 8 or so may mean it’s easier to trade up so long as we’ve a pick in the top 8.

Mutineer - what do you of Harvey Langfords kicking?. He seems to have all other qualities covered but my concern with him is his kicking.
Dangerfield goes alright.....Langford probably has the most penetrating boot of all the mids in this draft. I wouldný have thought his kicking was anywhere near an issue when looking at the whole package. Wouldn't be my first pick but he'd have tyo be in heavy consideration depending on who's on the board at our pick.

Three strong senior SANFL performances in a row now for my current choice for number 1 draft pick Sid Draper. He split his time pretty evenly between onball and half forward, and it was arguably at half forward where he did most of his damage in this game showing his potential versatility as a prospect. In a brilliant sequence late in the third quarter Draper was pivotal in a three goal burst for Souths, booting 1 goal himself and directly assisting two more, effectively sealing the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back