Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hilarious. Langford's way ahead of where Dawson was at the same point. Dawson was a medium forward who wasn't even invited to the combine, drafted in the 50s and barely played until his 4th season. Even when he was traded to us, he was a good not elite half back/wingman. Didn't become an elite player until 8 years into his career.

Might want to give those tea leaves a stir.
Is that the same Dawson that was second in the Swans B&F the season we traded him in? That Dawson was well on the way to becoming elite when we got him for a steal.

Just draft Draper with pick 4, hopefully he's not gone by then. If we were a little further out in the draft and Draper was gone I'd take Travaglia

Is that the same Dawson that was second in the Swans B&F the season we traded him in? That Dawson was well on the way to becoming elite when we got him for a steal.

Just draft Draper with pick 4, hopefully he's not gone by then. If we were a little further out in the draft and Draper was gone I'd take Travaglia
If Draper goes at 4 then we ain’t getting him…-

Lalor..think Jordan DeGoey

Unless clubs have doubts with his medical Lalor goes before that.

Looking at photos/highlights of Lalor in the carnival, he kinda reminds me of Danger in probably year 2 or 3 at the Crows. More athletic/lean than he is now, but still super powerful across the chest and shoulders for his age. The combination of bulk/athleticism that would be exceptionally hard to stop if it hit you at full speed.

He certainly doesn't seem afraid to use it from the small amount of footage i've seen.
Thanks man, I knew we had some other draft gurus but had a mental blank.

Sounds like we definitely need to keep pick 4/5 as will be a gun-ster available

better hope we don't beat Port this weekend then
Thats the hard thing. Losing to them makes sense draft wise, 100%. BUT I hate the pricks that much and always want to beat them AND at the same time possibly stuff up their top 4 chances..its like being inbetween a rock and a hard place right now

Thats the hard thing. Losing to them makes sense draft wise, 100%. BUT I hate the pricks that much and always want to beat them AND at the same time possibly stuff up their top 4 chances..its like being inbetween a rock and a hard place right now
A draw would be ideal.

Would it, our % is better tgan St Kilda from memory so even a draw would be bad if looking through the prism of best draft pick
I'm counting on us losing some % next week.

We might have to recall Strachan, McHenry, Burgess and Schoenberg to make sure of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's just it though, at this point in time he doesn't. His approach to both the footy and the oppo players is definitely not as physical as Max and his one on one ability isn't in the same ballpark at this time.

Similar rangy build but not quite as tall as Max unless he's grown some since preseason measuring...more a running type Backman and no invite to even the State Draft Combine suggests he's not on too many AFL clubs radar at this point?

I suppose he could be a late call up to the State Combine which has happened with a few individuals that burnt up the latter part of the season/Finals but it's unlikely.

What are your thoughts on Smillie? Seems we may be watching him much closer in the future at Crow land

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What are your thoughts on Smillie? Seems we may be watching him much closer in the future at Crow land

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Wouldn't be in my top half dozen unless he lights up in the next couple of weeks.

Sid Draper back for the Panthers Saturday and 2025 top end draft prospect Dyson Sharp on League debut for Central Districts.

Interestingly pacey wingman Dakota Sterzl in for his 2nd League game for South despite no Combine invite.
I notice Kade Herbert dropped at WWT. Is that Mutineer because of combine?

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back