Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

All the experts are finding it so hard to split this group

We’re going to end up with a ripper at 4 regardless hopefully Draper…. But if it’s O’Sullivan , Lalor , Reid then fantastic too

Still think we need to look to move our future 1st to get another top pick , maybe pick up Bo Allan or Dodson

All the experts are finding it so hard to split this group

We’re going to end up with a ripper at 4 regardless hopefully Draper…. But if it’s O’Sullivan , Lalor , Reid then fantastic too

Still think we need to look to move our future 1st to get another top pick , maybe pick up Bo Allan or Dodson
If the F1 could snag us a Lindsay, Travaglia, Berry or Allan, I’d be all for it (especially if we top up the best 22 with ANB/Luko/maybe Cumming). I wouldn’t do it for Dodson

The main reason not to trade it would be if we were confident we can snag NWM next year

I dont think Smillie will be that much better than Draper ( I actually think Draper is above Smillie )

That leads me to choose Draper if available then Lalor

I just think Smillie is a go home boy

Again happy to be proven wrong but if on the day Draper is still available and we somehow go Smillie I will go Marty Burton level of boonta

I dont think Smillie will be that much better than Draper ( I actually think Draper is above Smillie )

That leads me to choose Draper if available then Lalor

I just think Smillie is a go home boy

Again happy to be proven wrong but if on the day Draper is still available and we somehow go Smillie I will go Marty Burton level of boonta
We tend not to pass up the big-name SA prospects when they’re available to us (Smith, Milera, Fog, RT come to mind), I’d be shocked more than any other drafting decision that I’ve seen from us if we passed on Draper. Would also be shocked if WCE didn’t take him, though

From a talent perspective, I’d be very happy with Smillie. I get the go-home concerns, though, and given him and Lalor are probably on pretty even footing as prospects IMO, you’d lean the Vic C kid

It wouldn’t be a scenario like Curtin last year where you just don’t pass on the clear slider, despite potential go-home talk. Lots of guys on even footing should be available at that pick 4

We tend not to pass up the big-name SA prospects when they’re available to us (Smith, Milera, Fog, RT come to mind), I’d be shocked more than any other drafting decision that I’ve seen from us if we passed on Draper. Would also be shocked if WCE didn’t take him, though

From a talent perspective, I’d be very happy with Smillie. I get the go-home concerns, though, and given him and Lalor are probably on pretty even footing as prospects IMO, you’d lean the Vic C kid

It wouldn’t be a scenario like Curtin last year where you just don’t pass on the clear slider, despite potential go-home talk. Lots of guys on even footing should be available at that pick 4
when we did pass on one it was a major shock and controversy.... Dangerfield > B. Ebert

Alastair Clarkson confirms the club will be targeting veteran leaders in the off-season, hoping to land a Jack Viney, Ollie Wines, Cal Ward type of player.

What would Port get for Wines?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alastair Clarkson confirms the club will be targeting veteran leaders in the off-season, hoping to land a Jack Viney, Ollie Wines, Cal Ward type of player.

Tex or Smith would be the two from us that would bring leadership and experience. I don’t think that Tex is going anywhere, but Smith might if he got a two year contract?

I don’t see the logic of them bringing in veteran mids when they have so much young midfield talent to get games into. It makes far more sense that they’d be looking for guys at either end.

Ok. I’m sold on Travaglia. Love the way he goes about it. Makes things happen. Looks very competitive and classy to boot. Would happily trade a F1 for him
Absolute Jet , and a light body that will fill out and end up a beast like Will Day

The things I love about him are his competitiveness- he hates losing a contest and just tries his guts out all game

But that’s just the start - ha has off the charts footy IQ , can run all day and had a decent burst speed , is a beautiful ball user , composure , overhead mark and intercept mark , versatile as can play in any part of ground , tackle numbers

Love the story of him saying he’s prepping to win the combine time trial , that’s just how he is

I’d take him at pick 4 no sweat , forget the media rankings

Draper next best but close with Lalor , FOS good too . Langford not far off but not sure if for us as how many 190+ left footed midfields can a side have ??!!

Absolute Jet , and a light body that will fill out and end up a beast like Will Day

The things I love about him are his competitiveness- he hates losing a contest and just tries his guts out all game

But that’s just the start - ha has off the charts footy IQ , can run all day and had a decent burst speed , is a beautiful ball user , composure , overhead mark and intercept mark , versatile as can play in any part of ground , tackle numbers

Love the story of him saying he’s prepping to win the combine time trial , that’s just how he is

Draper next best but close with Lalor , FOS good too . Langford not far off but not sure if for us as how many 190+ left footed midfields can a side have ??!!
Everyone on these boards know how much of a believer and fan i am of Dan Curtin and would not trade him full stop, but with your talent hat on, did we make the right call in taking him last year, or would a Draper and Travalia be the better combo for us than Curtin and Draper or Curtin and Travalia

Everyone on these boards know how much of a believer and fan i am of Dan Curtin and would not trade him full stop, but with your talent hat on, did we make the right call in taking him last year, or would a Draper and Travalia be the better combo for us than Curtin and Draper or Curtin and Travalia
Would West Coast trade their pick 3 for Daniel Curtin this year?

I think they would. Would we be better off with 2 picks in the top 6 this year or say Draper plus Curtin. I have been a huge fan of Daniel and I was over the moon when the cards fell our way and we drafted him. I think he has an enormous ceiling but he will take longer to develop than the quality mids at the pointy end of this draft.

Thoughts?

What really stood out to me was the performances he put on the field throughout the champs.
Always nice to see who can stand up in the big games

He’s a gun. Should be available at 6 if we end up behind the Saints, too

I’m surprised you don’t have Lindsay in high regard? He’s probably my Darcy Wilson of this year, reckon he’s close to a complete package

He’s a gun. Should be available at 6 if we end up behind the Saints, too

I’m surprised you don’t have Lindsay in high regard? He’s probably my Darcy Wilson of this year, reckon he’s close to a complete package
Lindsay is a lock to make it in the afl

But yeah more in those outside roles that I normally underrate

One day I’ll learn

I don’t really like to think like that , every year you need to play what’s in front of you

Was happy at the time we managed to get Curtin and nothing there has changed

Going to take years to judge if right call and answer may never be there

I don’t really like to think like that , every year you need to play what’s in front of you

Was happy at the time we managed to get Curtin and nothing there has changed

Going to take years to judge if right call and answer may never be there
Jeff..you sound like you belong here with that non committal comment:D:D
1723773604568.png

My spies in the Rebels camp tell me Sam Lalor will return to the CTL on Sunday and play mostly midfield anticipating he'll go head to head up against the Chargers Finn O'Sullivan and Jagga Smith in what could really settle some of the top end pecking order of this draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back