Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately no sound on the source broadcast.

Just when I think the race for pick 1 couldn't get any messier, we get a performance like this from Lalor. As powerful and dynamic a contested game as I've seen this year. He won his own footy at stoppage, took contested intercept marks around the ground, layed bumps and tackles. He was an unstoppable beast all game, although his kicking was a little more wayward than usual.

Unfortunately no sound on the source broadcast.

Just when I think the race for pick 1 couldn't get any messier, we get a performance like this from Lalor. As powerful and dynamic a contested game as I've seen this year. He won his own footy at stoppage, took contested intercept marks around the ground, layed bumps and tackles. He was an unstoppable beast all game, although his kicking was a little more wayward than usual.

He looks to be an excellent stoppage player with burst away from a pack. He would be a very good addition to our team

Draper vs Lalor
Ebert vs Dangerfield

Would everyone be ok if we actually passed on Draper like we did with Ebert and grab Lalor like we also did with Dangerfield?
If we passed over Draper, the Adelaide Board would probably crash Bigfooty on Draft Night.

Draper, Lalor or Smillie. Can't really lose.
You can by overlooking FO'S, O'Sullivan has the best footskills in this draft, certainly of the midfield group in this draft along with close to best composure under pressure in this draft all of which translate to top end AFL midfielder. Smillie not even close in regards kicking.

Last edited:
You can, O'Sullivan has the best footskills in this draft, certainly of the midfield group in this draft along with close to best composure under pressure in this draft all of which translate to top end AFL midfielder. Smillie not even close in regards kicking.
As good as it would be having the local lad in Draper, he'll have all the weight of expectation on him.

Not the worst if WCE take him at 3 and we then take FOS at 4

Knowing our club we will probably take a half back with pick 4 to replace our god brodie smith. lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If only the team had the balls to do something like that haha
Yeah, I agree. If there is fire to the rumor on keane, be bold and try for melbourne 2nd + Keane for Collingwood F1. Then look at trading that and out with our F1 to a side to try and get a pick between 7 & 10 ad maybe a 2nd rounder back either this year or next. End up with 1 of the very top lads and maybe Travaglia as well (one of the draft scribes mentioned Travaglia is similar to Will Day)

Its much to pay but strike while the iron is hot and this draft is loaded with quality at the top end.

Yeah, I agree. If there is fire to the rumor on keane, be bold and try for melbourne 2nd + Keane for Collingwood F1. Then look at trading that and out with our F1 to a side to try and get a pick between 7 & 10 ad maybe a 2nd rounder back either this year or next. End up with 1 of the very top lads and maybe Travaglia as well (one of the draft scribes mentioned Travaglia is similar to Will Day)

Its much to pay but strike while the iron is hot and this draft is loaded with quality at the top end.
Can Collingwood trade a F1? WIth their lack of youth, are they going to do it just to get Keane and pick 26?

And what do other clubs value our F1 at? We were disappointing this year because we were widely expected to do better. Do clubs expact us to stay shit next year, or do they expect us to do next year what they thought would happen this year?

Can Collingwood trade a F1? WIth their lack of youth, are they going to do it just to get Keane and pick 26?

And what do other clubs value our F1 at? We were disappointing this year because we were widely expected to do better. Do clubs expact us to stay shit next year, or do they expect us to do next year what they thought would happen this year?
Not sure, maybe not?I would just hope that we can explore a raft of scenario's to try as getting multiple players at the top end this year could be huge for us going forward although I suspect that we are happy with just 1 pick there and are focused on Luko, ANB and then getting welsh who ..touch wood, may end up a rookie pick the way things are trending.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back