Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone going ok ?
Louis Emmett whether rucking or forward, top 10 next year certainty.

Chargers gradually getting on top.

Jagga not enjoying young Felix Kneipp's close checking, has got pretty frustrated, no doubt recruiters will be noting this.

Jagga not enjoying young Felix Kneipp's close checking, has got pretty frustrated, no doubt recruiters will be noting this.
Jagga has done enough , not sure anything that happens from here matters

Applying a tag in underage football is so lame.

Is it with Finals on the line?

Good learning curve given Jagga has been allowed to run around like an unregistered dog all year..

I’m a huge proponent of tagging in the real stuff, think it’s criminally underused, but in underage footy? Nah, let the kids showcase their talents without some unskilled plodder up their backside all afternoon.

I’m a huge proponent of tagging in the real stuff, think it’s criminally underused, but in underage footy? Nah, let the kids showcase their talents without some unskilled plodder up their backside all afternoon.
Felix Kneipp is not an unskilled plodder, he's a very talented underager and a draft certainty next year going on his U116's representative footy.

Agree throughout the season - finals are about winning. Use whatever reasonable tactics are fair - would be silly not to tag a guy who is regularly getting 30 plus

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chargers won in the end I see

Mutineer Jagga and Gross pick up in the 2nd half?
Neither would be in my top 5 for the Chargers, thought youngster Felix Kneipp did pretty well on Jagga who didn't enjoy the close tag to my eye. Louis Emmett and Pat Retschko would be my best for the Chargers,

I will watch the replays, way more important games happening at Mars Stadium today with all the VM teams playing , the Oakleigh Chargers vs Calder Cannons just starting, and tomorrow all the VC teams playing...Wildcard round. All bar FO'S of the players we'd be looking at with our 1st rounder playing.
Dodson was leading possession getter for Sturt U18's. 19 disposals. 21 hitouts.

Is this broadcast anywhere? Wanted to have a look at the Eastern game and check out Smillie

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Smillie pretty ordinary up to half way through the 2nd quarter, struts around like he owns the place but needs to get his hands a lot dirtier than currently or the Ranges will get dumped. Cody Anderson Ranges best mid so far, hard at it.

you reckon he won't learn how to deal with it ? all players initially struggle with a tag then they learn

especially a kid

jasper Alger classy forward, 4 goals . how did he look?
Good, Dattoli looking good for the Knights whether forward or on ball.

Waylon Motlop-Davey kicked 5 in that game too, looks about 15kgs over his playing weight too..LOL

Have to head out so will miss the last half but hopefully Smillie and Moraes lift or the Ranges in a spot of strife.

Good, Dattoli looking good for the Knights whether forward or on ball.

Waylon Motlop kicked 5 in that game too, looks about 15kgs over his playing weight too..LOL

Have to head out so will miss the last half but hoprfully Smillie and Moraes lift or the Ranges in a spot of strife.
willie rioli ? haha

dattoli a bit like robbie gray without the freak agility

Appreciate the desire to see talent but this is the one failing of underage football in my opinion

Its soft and leads to mixed assessment of a players true strengths . This applies to forwards and defenders who get easy passage to marks etc

willie rioli ? haha

dattoli a bit like robbie gray without the freak agility
Don't think I like Dattoli as Alger, I can see Alger's absolute potential as a nippy forward, whereas I'm a bit unclear on where Dattoli's future lies

Maybe Dattoli takes a Dylan Moore trajectory? Neither super quick but seem to make it work in both the forward and middle areas of the ground

If you send a tagger to go stand an 18 year old, then you're a terrible coach.
The role of a junior coach is not to showcase opposition players. It's to develop the skills and football smarts of, and showcase, THEIR kids.

I have and will continue to send kids to limit the effectiveness of the opposition’s best players. The "tagger" should also play their own game, and that's a skill to be learnt also.

If you send a tagger to go stand an 18 year old, then you're a terrible coach.
Like when we sent our captain out to go rough up Harley Reid? That was pretty cringeworthy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back