Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys. Just a question regarding Draper:

Anyone aware if Adelaide are particularly 'desperate' for him? Having an ongoing thing on our board where many seem to think Adelaide will swap first rounders for something like the Barrass pick, with Curtin coming back or Crows 2nd rounder for a swap of first rounders. Along those lines.

Personally, I keep telling them that's just dumb and I don't see any world in where the Crows recruiters do that, just for an SA kid. Guess I'm just sick of seeing it brought up like it's likely to happen(I very much doubt anything even remotely close to that would happen).
If WC offered just pick 3 for Curtin, as good as I think he'll be my ears would prick up

I’d swap Curtin for pick 3, then draft lalor and Draper .
There is no guarantee any of the draftees this year at the top end will be better than Curtin and Curtin has height and high end kicking skills and looks like he can play forward, middle and maybe wing. I am not trading him for just about anything..unless harley reid asked to come play for us

Sam, who hammered 68, including eight 6s, in one match, had been playing in the Fourths at Northcote prior to the Carnival, and came under notice when he scored 111 off 65 balls in a blistering innings.

He also plays for the Ballarat Rebels in NAB League football, was selected in the All-Australian U16 team last season, and is currently a member of the Victorian Under 18 squad. He attends prestigious Geelong Grammar:

“That necessitates a bit of travel, getting him back and forth to the Rebels, but he laps it up,” Steve says.

Will (17), another of Steve’s boys, is currently experiencing a few problems with stress fractures in the back, but he’s been playing with Northcote Seconds.

In a Dowling Shield match for Northcote last season, Sam (97 not out ) and Will (an undefeated 48) helped their side chase down the Richmond total.

The five Lalor cousins played more than 100 matches in 10 different competitions last season, so cricket has been a full-on involvement for the two families.

Yeah someone I know played against one of them earlier this year in school cricket, said they were genuinely a scary (quick) bowler, quickest he’s ever faced.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Squad named for the U17's Futures game on Grand Final Day.
Couple of GWV Rebels lads stiff to not be in the mix, Archie Taylor who has an athletic profile most draftees could only dream about and especially Harley Hicks who has as much X factor as any of next year's draftees. :huh:

Over a third of the squad club-tied through Northern Academies or NGA Academies. :mad:

The overall squad will shortly be split into two teams, named after retiring champions Dyson Heppell and Rory Sloane. The game will be broadcast live and free via the AFL app and website, with profiles and scouting notes on every player afield to come on Rookie Me Central – stay tuned.

2024 AFL NATIONAL FUTURES SQUAD​

NAME STATE STATE LEAGUE CLUB COMMUNITY CLUB
Beau AddinsallQLDGold Coast Suns AcademyBurleigh
Tairon Ah-MuVIC CDandenong StingraysBerwick
Daniel AnnableQLDBrisbane Lions AcademyRedland-Victoria Point
Xavier BamertVIC MSandringham DragonsCollegians
Charlie BanfieldWAClaremontSwanbourne
Harley BarkerSASturtMt Barker
Thomas BurtonVIC MWestern JetsPoint Cook
Luke CandySAGlenelgBrighton
Lachlan CarmichaelNSW/ACTSydney Swans AcademyMosman
Noah ChamberlainNSW/ACTSydney Swans AcademyEast Sydney
Samuel CummingSANorth AdelaideWentworth
Cody CurtinWAClaremontWest Coast
Jack DaltonVIC MSandringham DragonsCamberwell
Cooper Duff-TytlerVIC MCalder CannonsWoodend-Hesket
Willem DuursmaVIC CGippsland PowerFoster
Louis EmmettVIC MOakleigh ChargersGlen Iris
Koby EvansWAPerthKenwick
Oliver GreevesVIC MEastern RangesVermont
Samuel GrljVIC MOakleigh ChargersOld Camberwell
Jasper HayTASTasmania DevilsClarence
Liam HethertonNSW/ACTMurray BushrangersNorth Albury
Noah
Hibbins-Hargreaves
VIC CDandenong StingraysMornington
Jack IsonVIC MOakleigh ChargersParkside
Blake KellyWASwan DistrictsCaversham
Max KingNSW/ACTSydney Swans AcademyCardiff Hawks
Bailey-Dean LatanisNSW/ACTGWS Giants AcademyIngleburn
Matthew LeRaySACentral DistrictGolden Grove
Josh LindsayVIC CGeelong FalconsNewtown & Chilwell
Archie LudowykeVIC MSandringham DragonsEast Sandringham
Thomas McGuaneVIC MWestern JetsKeilor
Taj MurrayNTNorthern Territory Academy
North Adelaide
Nightcliff
Jai MurrayQLDGold Coast Suns AcademyBroadbeach
Riley OnleyVIC CMurray BushrangersShepparton United
Dylan PattersonQLDGold Coast Suns AcademyPalm Beach Currumbin
Joshua ReicheltSACentral DistrictNuriootpa
Fred RodriguezWASouth FremantleFremantle City
Ben RongditVIC CGeelong FalconsColac
Kalen RussellNTNorthern Territory Academy
Sturt
Darwin Buffaloes
Aidan SchubertSACentral DistrictGawler Central
Dyson SharpSACentral DistrictBarossa District
Zeke UwlandQLDGold Coast Suns AcademyBurleigh
Wes WalleyWASubiacoWarwick Greenwood
Toby WhanWASouth FremantleRoleystone
Kalani WhiteQLDGold Coast Suns AcademyBroadbeach
Harrison WilsonNSW/ACTMurray BushrangersLavington Panthers
Lucas WoottonTASTasmania DevilsLaunceston

Last edited:
U guys seen /heard about this? Apparently everyone has access to their NGAs except they don't... sometimes. Also see in the article Stuart Cochrane is trying to get his sons into ports academy.

NO ACCESS FOR DEES NGA TALENT
MELBOURNE will not have access to tall forward prospect Tairon Ah-Mu under Next Generation Academy rules when the 17-year-old hits his draft season next year.

Ah-Mu is a member of the Demons' NGA program but under the AFL's eligibility criteria, he does not qualify for the club to have any priority access over him as a draftee.

My favourite Rebel.
Gun as a small running defender, gun as a small pressure goalkicking forward and pretty handy when given a squirt on ball. Tough, aggressive, quick, agile and skilled.

U guys seen /heard about this? Apparently everyone has access to their NGAs except they don't... sometimes. Also see in the article Stuart Cochrane is trying to get his sons into ports academy.

NO ACCESS FOR DEES NGA TALENT
MELBOURNE will not have access to tall forward prospect Tairon Ah-Mu under Next Generation Academy rules when the 17-year-old hits his draft season next year.

Ah-Mu is a member of the Demons' NGA program but under the AFL's eligibility criteria, he does not qualify for the club to have any priority access over him as a draftee.

Yeah , part of the article

Former Port Adelaide and North Melbourne player Stuart Cochrane has written to the AFL to have his sons Douglas and Tom be a part of the Power's NGA system as he explores his Indigenous background

Are they currently part of our nga?

My favourite Rebel.
Gun as a small running defender, gun as a small pressure goalkicking forward and pretty handy when given a squirt on ball. Tough, aggressive, quick, agile and skilled.

That’s a serious game in a final

Such a shame we will trade pick 25 for ANB when this is the draft to get a quality 10 yr small forward like this bloke

Hope we can engineer another pick somehow but I doubt it happens

Poor by us , wanting to get a little bit better short term at expense of alot better in long term

Squad named for the U17's Futures game on Grand Final Day.
Couple of GWV Rebels lads stiff to not be in the mix, Archie Taylor who has an athletic profile most draftees could only dream about and especially Harley Hicks who has as much X factor as any of next year's draftees. :huh:

Over a third of the squad club-tied through Northern Academies or NGA Academies. :mad:

The overall squad will shortly be split into two teams, named after retiring champions Dyson Heppell and Rory Sloane. The game will be broadcast live and free via the AFL app and website, with profiles and scouting notes on every player afield to come on Rookie Me Central – stay tuned.

2024 AFL NATIONAL FUTURES SQUAD​

NAME STATE STATE LEAGUE CLUB COMMUNITY CLUB
Beau AddinsallQLDGold Coast Suns AcademyBurleigh
Tairon Ah-MuVIC CDandenong StingraysBerwick
Daniel AnnableQLDBrisbane Lions AcademyRedland-Victoria Point
Xavier BamertVIC MSandringham DragonsCollegians
Charlie BanfieldWAClaremontSwanbourne
Harley BarkerSASturtMt Barker
Thomas BurtonVIC MWestern JetsPoint Cook
Luke CandySAGlenelgBrighton
Lachlan CarmichaelNSW/ACTSydney Swans AcademyMosman
Noah ChamberlainNSW/ACTSydney Swans AcademyEast Sydney
Samuel CummingSANorth AdelaideWentworth
Cody CurtinWAClaremontWest Coast
Jack DaltonVIC MSandringham DragonsCamberwell
Cooper Duff-TytlerVIC MCalder CannonsWoodend-Hesket
Willem DuursmaVIC CGippsland PowerFoster
Louis EmmettVIC MOakleigh ChargersGlen Iris
Koby EvansWAPerthKenwick
Oliver GreevesVIC MEastern RangesVermont
Samuel GrljVIC MOakleigh ChargersOld Camberwell
Jasper HayTASTasmania DevilsClarence
Liam HethertonNSW/ACTMurray BushrangersNorth Albury
Noah
Hibbins-Hargreaves
VIC CDandenong StingraysMornington
Jack IsonVIC MOakleigh ChargersParkside
Blake KellyWASwan DistrictsCaversham
Max KingNSW/ACTSydney Swans AcademyCardiff Hawks
Bailey-Dean LatanisNSW/ACTGWS Giants AcademyIngleburn
Matthew LeRaySACentral DistrictGolden Grove
Josh LindsayVIC CGeelong FalconsNewtown & Chilwell
Archie LudowykeVIC MSandringham DragonsEast Sandringham
Thomas McGuaneVIC MWestern JetsKeilor
Taj MurrayNTNorthern Territory Academy
North Adelaide
Nightcliff
Jai MurrayQLDGold Coast Suns AcademyBroadbeach
Riley OnleyVIC CMurray BushrangersShepparton United
Dylan PattersonQLDGold Coast Suns AcademyPalm Beach Currumbin
Joshua ReicheltSACentral DistrictNuriootpa
Fred RodriguezWASouth FremantleFremantle City
Ben RongditVIC CGeelong FalconsColac
Kalen RussellNTNorthern Territory Academy
Sturt
Darwin Buffaloes
Aidan SchubertSACentral DistrictGawler Central
Dyson SharpSACentral DistrictBarossa District
Zeke UwlandQLDGold Coast Suns AcademyBurleigh
Wes WalleyWASubiacoWarwick Greenwood
Toby WhanWASouth FremantleRoleystone
Kalani WhiteQLDGold Coast Suns AcademyBroadbeach
Harrison WilsonNSW/ACTMurray BushrangersLavington Panthers
Lucas WoottonTASTasmania DevilsLaunceston
Couple of Queenslanders a bit stiff to miss out there especially Cooper Collins and Harrison Bridge

Such a shame we will trade pick 25 for ANB when this is the draft to get a quality 10 yr small forward like this bloke

Poor by us , wanting to get a little bit better short term at expense of alot better in long term
If we get Cumming, Luko and ANB I feel like we’ll just be taking someone at 4, plus Welsh. If no Cumming, then we might get a pick in the 20’s along with Luko for our F1

Would be good getting a lot of our wanted talents in the door, but poor asset management

Poor by us - this thing that hasn't happened yet ...

There is no guarantee any of the draftees this year at the top end will be better than Curtin and Curtin has height and high end kicking skills and looks like he can play forward, middle and maybe wing. I am not trading him for just about anything..unless harley reid asked to come play for us
I wouldn't rule out Curtin being an elite offensive player in the back half as an option either. He gets a heap of the ball and still has a lot of upside in this via his intercept marking, and kills the opposition with his disposals.

I think it will be a toss up between back half and centre square where he is most impactful, possibly a mix of both. Then drop him forward for a couple of goals.

I say we keep him.

I wouldn't rule out Curtin being an elite offensive player in the back half as an option either. He gets a heap of the ball and still has a lot of upside in this via his intercept marking, and kills the opposition with his disposals.

I think it will be a toss up between back half and centre square where he is most impactful, possibly a mix of both. Then drop him forward for a couple of goals.

I say we keep him.
Yep, he really looks like Jordan Dawson mk 2 but taller

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back