Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

dont worry we wont pick smillie. that was the last draft. he is our bont/cripps. they will want something different. more i think the more i suspect its lalor. just completely different to everything else we have, country vic which they like. anyway draper will be gone purely because WC see draper as a lower go home risk than victorians.
Darley is hardly the bush old son.

1/4 time in the Sandringham Dragons vs the Dandenong Stingrays
Dragons 4.3
Stingers 2.1

Levi Ashcroft far and away the best on ground with 9 disposals, 2 goals and a handfull of clearances.
Sam Marshall next best also with 9 disposals and a goal.

So far Langford and Hynes being outgunned by the Dragons mids easily.

Ashcroft and Marshall both headed to the Brisbane Lions as a F/S and an Academy player. :mad:

Had a few niggling injuries but when on he’s shown why he’s rated highly
Look I wouldn’t be upset if we went with Smillie but there’s better choices
My preference is

FOS
Lalor
Draper
Langford
Smillie
Smith
For me

Lalor
Draper
Smith/FOS even
Lindsay/Travaglia even
Smillie
Langford

Half time
Dragons 6.6
Stingers 3.3

For the Dragons Ashcroft up to 15 disposals though getting tagged now, Luke Kennedy came into it strongly in that quarter also with 15 d's, Marshall 14 d's, Murphy Reid 11 d's but with his lack of acceleration seems to handball a lot.

For the Stingers Langford better that quarter but not as dominant as usual 13 d's, Harrison Doughton and Elwood Peckett been handy, Cooper Hynes not a lot of impact so far.

All one way traffic at RSEA Oval today, Dragons talent laden team simply outclassing the Stingrays.

3/4 time
Dragons 11.9
Stingers 3.4

For the Dragons Levi Ashcroft 23 d's, Luke Kennedy 21 d's Sam Marshall 20 d's, 3rd tall Forward Bailey McKenzie with 4 goals.
For the Stingers Harvey Langford 18 d's their best but not much support so not as impactful as usual, overager Ben Hopkins been OK in defence.

Half time
Dragons 6.6
Stingers 3.3

For the Dragons Ashcroft up to 15 disposals though getting tagged now, Luke Kennedy came into it strongly in that quarter also with 15 d's, Marshall 14 d's, Murphy Reid 11 d's but with his lack of acceleration seems to handball a lot.

For the Stingers Langford better that quarter but not as dominant as usual 13 d's, Harrison Doughton and Elwood Peckett been handy, Cooper Hynes not a lot of impact so far.
Bicks, how do you rate Charlie Nicholls from Centrals. Looking good atm in the U18 GF with 2 goals.

Bicks, how do you rate Charlie Nicholls from Centrals. Looking good atm in the U18 GF with 2 goals.
I think he has at least 3 or 4 KPF's that will go before him...Jobe Shannahan would be my pick of the KPF's.

Half time in the Oakleigh Chargers vs GWV Rebels match

Chargers 4.10
Rebels 4.5

Wind a serious factor now at RSEA Park

For the Chargers Jagga Smith with 20 D's their best but prone to the old 1/2 stat padding, Zane Cochrane doing well and Tom Gross the most damaging. Charlie Richardson with 3 goals up forward been the recipient of one "gift" goal by the umps, Finn O'Sullivan abetter today with some nice run and disposal 8d's and a goal.

For the Rebels Jonty Faull their best with 3 goals up forward, Jack Ough and Rhys Unwin the Rebels best mids, Flynn Penry well on top of Loouis Emmett in ruck.

Umpiring similar to the Crows SANFL in favour of the Chargers 14 - 7

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Half time in the Oakleigh Chargers vs GWV Rebels match

Chargers 4.10
Rebels 4.5

Wind a serious factor now at RSEA Park

For the Chargers Jagga Smith with 20 D's their best but prone to the old 1/2 stat padding, Zane Cochrane doing well and Tom Gross the most damaging. Charlie Richardson with 3 goals up forward been the recipient of one "gift" goal by the umps, Finn O'Sullivan abetter today with some nice run and disposal 8d's and a goal.

For the Rebels Jonty Faull their best with 3 goals up forward, Jack Ough and Rhys Unwin the Rebels best mids, Flynn Penry well on top of Loouis Emmett in ruck.

Umpiring similar to the Crows SANFL in favour of the Chargers 14 - 7
Thoughts on Ough as a player in terms of skill/IQ Level?

Has he been playing more inside later in the year after being more a wing at the start of the year?

Also has a late birthday so lots of development to come you’d think

Thoughts on Ough as a player in terms of skill/IQ Level?

Has he been playing more inside later in the year after being more a wing at the start of the year?

Also has a late birthday so lots of development to come you’d think
Just kicks a snag to put the Rebels 10 pts up

Faull’s gotta be a top 20 prospect now, right? 4 and 5 goals in consecutive finals
For sure, I'd take him before Twomey's love child Harry Armstrong, his ability below his knees and general work off the ball is right up there with Shannahan IMO

Chargers likely more talented than the Rebels especially at the top end but these country boys are great scrappers, when you consider the distances they travel just to train and play, and the full squad only train together once a week compared with the city lads at the Dragons and the Chargers they do bloody well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back