Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely Richmond will do something to get this.
It looks like Richmond will probably have 3 top 10 picks (getting two from Fremantle as part of the trades).
I'd love to be bold and trade a future 1st for one of them and extra.

Say:
Our F1 (could be pick 4-10)

For pick 10 (Richmond getting from Fremantle) + pick 21 (maybe some other pick swaps as well that favour Richmond to even out a bit).

That could net you Sam Lalor, Draper and Dodson.

Add Cummins and ANB and it's a very good off season.

It looks like Richmond will probably have 3 top 10 picks (getting two from Fremantle as part of the trades).

Say:

For pick 10 (Richmond getting from Fremantle) + pick 21 (maybe some other pick swaps as well that favour Richmond to even out a bit).

Why would Richmond kick the can down the road if they are preparing to go all in in this draft by trading out key players now?

Say:

it is not possible to get draper lalor and dodson without giving up big grom our current playing list IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

shouldn't we be doing that then?
They will have 3 top 10 picks (in this scenario).
Using 2 and then having 2 the next year makes more sense than 3 and 1.

We need top end mids. This draft is stacked with them. Make sense for us to grab two now.

They are also at the start of their rebuild so have more time. We are supposedly at the end, so grabbing now makes sense as well.

They will have 3 top 10 picks (in this scenario).
Using 2 and then having 2 the next year makes more sense than 3 and 1.

We need top end mids. This draft is stacked with them. Make sense for us to grab two now.

They are also at the start of their rebuild so have more time. We are supposedly at the end, so grabbing now makes sense as well.
You mean to say that taking 3 top 10 picks in this draft which is considered strong and very even at the top end where you can totally rebuild your midfield in 1 draft is the wrong way to do things?

Put it another way, if we had the chance to take 3 top 10 picks in this draft or spread them out over multiple drafts, what way are you going for us?

You mean to say that taking 3 top 10 picks in this draft which is considered strong and very even at the top end where you can totally rebuild your midfield in 1 draft is the wrong way to do things?

Put it another way, if we had the chance to take 3 top 10 picks in this draft or spread them out over multiple drafts, what way are you going for us?
Depends on the offers coming our way.

Why would Richmond kick the can down the road if they are preparing to go all in in this draft by trading out key players now?

Depends if they end up with 5-6 first rounders. If they get one for Rioli, Bolton and Baker (perhaps 2 for Bolton) they may want to spread that out over a couple of drafts.
As we saw with both GC and GWS - too many first rounders at once- some kids get left behind

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think I explained it already.
We need now. Richmond have more years and would be wise to spread their picks.

If it were flipped though and we were starting our rebuild I would do that deal and spread the picks.

They arent
Compared with all the other midfielders in the top 10 they most definitely are.
All of Ashcroft, Smith, O'Sullivan, Reid, Lalor, Langford, Lombard even Smillie have better disposal

Sid has a lot of excellent AFL like attributes but his kicking whilst by no meams awful is certainly not in the same league as the others IMO. Speed, agility, evasiveness, ground ball and hard at the contest...all yes but disposal no.

If we think we need one. Dowling, Edwards, Curtin are already big enough.
Neither Dowling or Curtin have the genuine explosivenes or power that Lalor has in spades, Edwards has good burst speed but not in the same league as Sam Lalor in that regard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back