Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Neither Dowling or Curtin have the genuine explosivenes or power that Lalor has in spades, Edwards has good burst speed but not in the same league as Sam Lalor in that regard.
I want Lalor, but I'm starting to get very worried about his injury propensity. Would it be wise for us to pick him if he's having serious hammys at this age? I won't be assuaged by sending him for a medical, as I don't reckon that would provide any insight to this.

I want Lalor, but I'm starting to get very worried about his injury propensity. Would it be wise for us to pick him if he's having serious hammys at this age? I won't be assuaged by sending him for a medical, as I don't reckon that would provide any insight to this.
Its certainly not a good sign

Gee, you wouldn't want to be using pick #25 on ANB, if Dodson is going to be around the mark

1726628434587.png

Last edited:

Sam at the 11.38 mark..very impressive young man.

I wouldn't worry too much personally, very poorly managed by the Rebels, I saw Sam reach for his hammy early in the 2nd quarter in that game down in Tassie played in blizzard like conditions, he went off and didn't re-appear until the 3rd quarter with a massive strapping on it. Should have been taken off immediately, could hardly break into a trot but stayed out there till the finish and no doubt made the injury way way worse. Bear in mind Sam's never, ever done a pre-season being in the elite cricket pathway. We've already interviewed him twice in recent times.

Sam at the 11.38 mark..very impressive young man.

I wouldn't worry too much personally, very poorly managed by the Rebels, I saw Sam reach for his hammy early in the 2nd quarter in that game down in Tassie played in blizzard like conditions, he went off and didn't re-appear until the 3rd quarter with a massive strapping on it. Should have been taken off immediately, could hardly break into a trot but stayed out there till the finish and no doubt made the injury way way worse. Bear in mind Sam's never, ever done a pre-season being in the elite cricket pathway. We've already interviewed him twice in recent times.
im pretty sure you right that he will be our target at 4 (5)

im pretty sure you right that he will be our target at 4 (5)
They've probably interviewed plenty of players especially those they're considering with pick 4, Sam would be probably one of 4 or 5 they have big interest in.

I still think Draper might be the most likely for us given he's a home grown talent.

They've probably interviewed plenty of players especially those they're considering with pick 4, Sam would be probably one of 4 or 5 they have big interest in.

I still think Draper might be the most likely for us given he's a home grown talent.
We havent always gone down that route though, particularly at the top end of drafts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They might from the go home factor but I dont know. There are just so many 179-181 mids on the list. If you reckon Lalor is the man skills and aggression wise, I suspect the 187 stature might get it over the line. If he was vic metro the no way (I know you said he was baccus marsh or something) but luckily thats not hawthorn or sandringham.

Technically JUH over TT, but we were never getting JUH.
And we're never getting Levi Ashcroft but if he's still on the board at pick 4 and he's top of our rankings I think we'll bid. Levi's actually had a better year than his brother Will who drew a bid at pick 2 by the Kangas.

1 time. TT.. it was the right call. But the time before that we called Dangerfield and qgain it was the right call. I wouldnt be disappointed if we called Draper.
Is the difference between Draper and Lalor potentially the same as Danger and Ebert?

Im just curious who the Crows may select at 4.

Is the difference between Draper and Lalor potentially the same as Danger and Ebert?

Im just curious who the Crows may select at 4.
Not really, both Lalor and Draper have serious weapons that Ebert just didn't have, Lalor game wise is certainly closer to Dangerfield than Draper.

A fantastic individual season from Harvey Langford finally came to an end as he wasn't able to lift his team to victory over the Sandy Dragons who've become the final boss of the Talent League in recent years. He's already taken home the Larke medal, and must be one of the hottest favourites for the Morrish medal which would cap off a glittering season of consistently elite play in which he stepped up at every level and met every challenge along the way.

A fantastic individual season from Harvey Langford finally came to an end as he wasn't able to lift his team to victory over the Sandy Dragons who've become the final boss of the Talent League in recent years. He's already taken home the Larke medal, and must be one of the hottest favourites for the Morrish medal which would cap off a glittering season of consistently elite play in which he stepped up at every level and met every challenge along the way.
Looks a serious type. Twomey consistently having him Top 3-4 in his draft rankings (today's latest had him at #2) suggests there is very strong interest at clubland as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back