Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

My worry with someone like that is we will be confused how to develop him
Yep we will never be any good if we can’t get best out of guys

The thing about him is the upside , so on projection I have him the best prospect for us

Although it’s close with the other 3

Lowest risk of the 4 is Draper

This is concerning... Welsh was touted a decent draft prospect ... But since moving under our development doesn't seem to have progressed
Welsh still is a decent prospect

Back injuries and a lack of endurance have held him back

If he has work ethic to work on his faults he certainly has match winning traits

One of the few draft prospects that can turn a game on its head in 20 mins of football ( ala Jake stringer )

I’d rather have a guy with weapons and defenciencies than one with no weapons

I’d rather have a guy with weapons and defenciencies than one with no weapons
Agree.

A big problem with the Crows' development in recent years is an overemphasis on improving draftees' deficiencies (often defensive-focused), and has come at the expense of maximising their weapons.

Hopefully a different story for Welsh, and especially our Pick 4.

Got it very close with those 3 star ones but just thought Travaglia had most upside and development long term especially physically

Very much reminds me of Will Day which was also mentioned by the espn guy and I’m confident he will follow a similar path

Highly competive ball carrier who can get it inside and outside has good height run and carry , disposal is clean , very good overhead . Also has exceptional versatility
ok thanks. i guess thats the risk with lalor he can physically bully now but wont at AFL level

any risk lalor is cam rayner? (i dont rate rayner at all)

you need to understand that these are desperate men to keep their jobs and immediate success. none of these draftees will make that much difference next year. thats all they care about now. tik tok the bomb is about to go off so they will sell the farm to get to the 8 next year I am sure
That's why the coaches don't do list management

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I started checking out Tauru's highlights when Twomey started pushing him.

Based ONLY on highlights, I don't see it. Seemed a bit fumbly at times.
theres a north supporter draft guy (thinks hes the new knightmare) on youtube who is predicting north to pull a shock and take tauru at 2

Might pay to go look at the 7th September game between the Gippy Power and the Dandy Stingers on the CTL app before passing judgement methinks. Alixzander Tauru is on the rise because he's had an outstanding season whether playing back or forward.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Highlights are risky

You need to watch about 3 full games of a player to start to get a full picture I find

If I haven’t done that I don’t have much confidence in an opinion

Not as shocking as it might seem , could see him being a good type for them

Still a Longshot
he was so confident they wouldnt trade down because they wouldnt risk losing him

said north was previously into trainor but they gone off him completely with the concussions and injuries

im pretty sure he predicted wc to take draper and us to take lalor

He looks a ripper re Tauru

Looks like could play anywhere on the ground , better prospect than Welsh , got him top 15

Jeff - what are your thoughts on these draft bolters?

Is there a high success rate of them turning quality players? From the top of my head - I really only remember Jimmy Toumpas and Brayden Cook not really being projected to go high and then really rising late.

Jeff - what are your thoughts on these draft bolters?

Is there a high success rate of them turning quality players? From the top of my head - I really only remember Jimmy Toumpas and Brayden Cook not really being projected to go high and then really rising late.
Some great and some not so

Prime examples are Oliver and Bonar

Id rather have good top age form than bottom age however

I guess FOS lacks in that regard but does have genuine excuses this year and still looked classy at times

ok thanks. i guess thats the risk with lalor he can physically bully now but wont at AFL level

any risk lalor is cam rayner? (i dont rate rayner at all)
There’s always risks but there’s always great rewards

Hate to say it but looks a player of great character , the moment he brought the country players in after their last seconds loss against metro was a brilliant piece of leadership when emotions were high

If only we had someone like that when Rankine went down in the showdown

More importantly he looks a guy that loves the big moments , don’t we just need that sort of guy . Dawson and Rankine are it at the moment in that regard

There’s always risks but there’s always great rewards

Hate to say it but looks a player of great character , the moment he brought the country players in after their last seconds loss against metro was a brilliant piece of leadership when emotions were high

If only we had someone like that when Rankine went down in the showdown

More importantly he looks a guy that loves the big moments , don’t we just need that sort of guy . Dawson and Rankine are it at the moment in that regards
sounds promising

Might pay to go look at the 7th September game between the Gippy Power and the Dandy Stingers on the CTL app before passing judgement methinks. Alixzander Tauru is on the rise because he's had an outstanding season whether playing back or forward.
There must be more than I've seen, absolutely. I was just surprised that the highlights packages didn't have more going on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back