Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I've had a look at all the potential Draftee's at our #4 pick

The question in my mind, is which player suits the way the game is heading .....and our current Midfield mix

Do we need the power & Dusty like qualities of Lalor .....or that in close & breakaway speed of Draper

Lalor has the positional flexibility, which Draper doesn't .....has he the speed & aerobic capacity to two-way run at AFL level, against midfield's that are getting quicker each year ?

Mutineer, Jeffcrowe might be able to throw some light on the above

I'd be happy with either Lalor, or Draper
One of Lalor other bigger assetts is his two way power running and tackle pressure, ain't nobody going to brush Sam off and he's only going to get even more powerful when in Burgo's hands.

The question in my mind, is which player suits the way the game is heading .....and our current Midfield mix

Do we need the power & Dusty like qualities of Lalor .....or that in close & breakaway speed of Draper

Lalor has the positional flexibility, which Draper doesn't .....has he the speed & aerobic capacity to two-way run at AFL level, against midfield's that are getting quicker each year ?

The last thing we need is a relentless accumulator, no matter how highly-rated, with little penetration.
If there is a true bull there, like Lalor, we need to take him.

Ultimately I'm the same. I think only one will be there at our pick, WCE will take the other

One of Lalor other bigger assetts is his two way power running and tackle pressure, ain't nobody going to brush Sam off and he's only going to get even more powerful when in Burgo's hands.
I keep comparing him in play-style to Petracca, but that's one thing he'll absolutely have on Trac at AFL level - he's relentless on that end

Some people asking about Jay Polkinghorne. Playing for Legs in B grade grand final today.

17 touches, 8 marks 2.2 going ok
Love to give him a rookie spot and see what he's got. He's the sort of player you should use rookie spots on, a lad that's not been able to show his full arsenal of weapons in his draft year through injury but has X factor written all over him. I see folk fapping over Ned Bowman's aerial acrobatics but for mine Jay Polkinghorne is just as spectacular if not better. Instead of clogging up our rookie list with guys that have had years of not cementing a best 22 spot move on and give lads with extreme potential a shot. Jay certainly fills that bill. Nice 3rd tall size at 192cm.

Love to give him a rookie spot and see what he's got. He's the sort of player you should use rookie spots on, a lad that's not been able to show his full arsenal of weapons in his draft year through injury but has X factor written all over him. I see folk fapping over Ned Bowman's aerial acrobatics but for mine Jay Polkinghorne is just as spectacular if not better. Instead of clogging up our rookie list with guys that have had years of not cementing a best 22 spot move on and give lads with extreme potential a shot. Jay certainly fills that bill. Nice 3rd tall size at 192cm.

Perfect summary as usual. Jays a ripper and deserves a punt being taken.

I might add Jay Polkinghorne even though he hasn't played a whole lot the last 2 years and missed Nationals with injury recruiters haven't missed him with a 2024 SA State Combine invite where he'll no doubt impress with his athleticism.

I might add Jay Polkinghorne even though he hasn't played a whole lot the last 2 years and missed Nationals with injury recruiters haven't missed him with a 2024 SA State Combine invite where he'll no doubt impress with his athleticism.
Yes tucked away at PAC boarding and then also back to Ceduna when he could.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back