Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the big bodied mid thing is now getting overdone, lions best 2 in GF were Ashcroft and Neale. Hardly monsters.

We have Dawson already and hopefully Curtin so think we focus more on the Dangerfield like burst mid…which Draper appears to be. Desperately want at the club
It's 1000% overdone.
Flavour of the year (or two) but relatively misguided, and presumably all on the back of Cripps and Bont being the two best mids in the game, and put midfield being shite while also having not much size (coincidence, not correlated).
Dawson and Curtin is plenty of size now anyway.
Neale, Ashcroft, Walsh, Daicos, Merrett, Serong, Brayshaw, Butters, Rozee...Im sure I could go on.
There are plenty of absolute jets who don't fit the bill as 'big body mid'. Just get the best mid at 4. If he's 181cm and a jet, we will all be happy.

There is no consensus in the top 12 of this draft

Very different to last year

For example I’ve got Travaglia in top 3 and haven’t seen anyone else push him that high

Others have Murphy Reid that high and I’ve got him mid teens to 20

It’s very even with lots of very good players , not quite the stand out stars like Reid and Mckercher of last year
I don't know what more Levi Ashcroft could have done to not be rated a pretty special prospect?

I don't know what more Levi Ashcroft could have done to not be rated a pretty special prospect?

I saw a stat that had him win nearly every award in every competition he has played. The kid is probably going to be better than his brother. Which sucks because both brothers will probably elevate Brisbane midfield to the best the competition has ever seen. Ports is good, Brisbanes going to be even better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back