Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What priority does pick 4 get over the 10+ other guys fighting for last spots in our starting 22? Hope hs doesn't get the Dan Curtin treatment next year.
How many 7.7 disposal a game midfielders would get 8 games in a year?

Particularly a player who gave up 6 goals in a half of football in his second game?

The Crows put games into Curtin that he didn't deserve on form alone, because that investment would pay dividends in future years. Because he’s going to be a gun.

Like they invested in Thilthorpe.

Yes, they invested more games in Rachele, Soligo, Michalanney and Berry in their first years. But you'd expect that for ready to go mids.

I hope he DOES get the Curtin treatment.

Or plays like a ready to go mid and gets treated like Rachele, Soligo, Michalanney and Berry in their first years.

I’m thinking

1. Smith - Rich
2. Ashcroft- Bris bid matched
3.Tauru - NM (he’s being spruiked big time)
4. Draper - WCE
5. Lalor or O’Sullivan- Adel
After listening to the north list manager today I’m thinking they will only grab Tauru if they split their picks. He said with pick 2 in such a strong draft you draft the best available player. In the event they split their pick, that’s when they will look at recruiting for possible need

Last edited:
After listening to the north list manager today I’m thinking they will only grab Tauru if they split their picks. He said with pick 2 in such a strong draft you draft the best available player. In the event they split their pick, that’s when they will look at recruiting for possible need
might be playing ducks and drakes. i think they want tauru. they cant wait til a pick 7/8 from saints cos melb will take him the pick after us.
i hope north take him. more mid options for us. i'm praying richmond take langford.

Keith Conlan was in the row in front me ... just to my left. Was VERY much a happy clapper!!

By the time I stopped going the reserved seats meant I was sick of the people around me - they would cheer when we kicked a goal ... boo when the opposition kicked a goal ... and scream "Kick it!" when were handballing to get out of trouble. Was infuriating!!

They also would look at me weird if I showed appreciation for ANY play by the opposition.

When I moved to Melbourne and went to neutral / Crows games there - I was much more at home.

I think not wanting people to cheer when we kick a goal is a pretty weird complaint to have.

Don’t see how supporting the team on game day makes someone a ‘happy clapper’

Quick with a poor kick and handball happy.

Draper gives me Paddy Dow vibes.

Quick with a poor kick and handball happy.

Draper gives me Paddy Dow vibes.

Correct,there are much better options

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

What priority does pick 4 get over the 10+ other guys fighting for last spots in our starting 22? Hope hs doesn't get the Dan Curtin treatment next year.
We've been reasonably good with our early picks in recent times. Given he'll likely be a midfielder I'd imagine they'll play early

might be playing ducks and drakes. i think they want tauru. they cant wait til a pick 7/8 from saints cos melb will take him the pick after us.
i hope north take him. more mid options for us. i'm praying richmond take langford.
I think North is in a position where they could go early with him if they can't find someone to trade down. They have taken so many mids over the last few years so taking a defender that high and missing out on one of the mids isn't a big deal. They desperately need more talent in their defence.

He did seem keen on the idea of splitting the picks
Yeah but how many clubs have multiple picks in the top 8 - 10 picks? None currently and surely they'd only trade down a couple of spots with their 1st for pick 2?

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back