Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t Think we have been at our best with the handling of him so far but hopefully more organised for next year.
Can’t even look at rounds 8 and 9 absolute disaster throwing him defence.
Round 20 only 25% tog , 3 touches back , 2 on wings , 1 Forward. Had 23% cba and 0 touches
Can’t be used for any useful analysis imo.

Round 21 GMHBA was never going to get time 6% time on ground, 10% CBA for 0 touches.
One handball in fwd 50. Useless for analysis

Round 22 70% tog had 46 % of the games Cba’s for 0 possessions ! I’m sure everyone remembers.
All his 11 possies were on the wing or fwd.

Round 23. 60% tog 18% of game Cba’s for 3 possies , 6 on the wings and 2 fwd.
His disposal efficiency went through the floor to 36% 2 of 3 cba possies ineffective.

Round 24. His best game, 68% tog zero CBA’s 4 possies on the wing and 5 fwd.
and one kick of the ground deemed not a possession.
One goal which lifted his scoring.

To me is why using possessions unless you know where every one was is useless.
Champion Data SC points credit players for good things and deduct for clangers and bad disposal.
And using those points per minute and mapping where the kid does his most affective work is the go.

Just my thoughts
He has had 2 affective centre square disposals in all his time in there.
Is not necessarily a natural ball winner in the guts and his d/e is poor when hurried in close.
Whilst not lost up forward he is a natural wing of half back ball user with intercept marking imo.
Not saying he won’t become one but I think we should mirror the use of Finn Callaghan from
GWS. They will be moving him in the guts next year after a couple of years on the wing .

All that said eye test says just need the spot to let him bloom.

IMG_1981.jpeg

Don’t Think we have been at our best with the handling of him so far but hopefully more organised for next year.
Can’t even look at rounds 8 and 9 absolute disaster throwing him defence.
Round 20 only 25% tog , 3 touches back , 2 on wings , 1 Forward. Had 23% cba and 0 touches
Can’t be used for any useful analysis imo.

Round 21 GMHBA was never going to get time 6% time on ground, 10% CBA for 0 touches.
One handball in fwd 50. Useless for analysis

Round 22 70% tog had 46 % of the games Cba’s for 0 possessions ! I’m sure everyone remembers.
All his 11 possies were on the wing or fwd.

Round 23. 60% tog 18% of game Cba’s for 3 possies , 6 on the wings and 2 fwd.
His disposal efficiency went through the floor to 36% 2 of 3 cba possies ineffective.

Round 24. His best game, 68% tog zero CBA’s 4 possies on the wing and 5 fwd.
and one kick of the ground deemed not a possession.
One goal which lifted his scoring.

To me is why using possessions unless you know where every one was is useless.
Champion Data SC points credit players for good things and deduct for clangers and bad disposal.
And using those points per minute and mapping where the kid does his most affective work is the go.

Just my thoughts
He has had 2 affective centre square disposals in all his time in there.
Is not necessarily a natural ball winner in the guts and his d/e is poor when hurried in close.
Whilst not lost up forward he is a natural wing of half back ball user with intercept marking imo.
Not saying he won’t become one but I think we should mirror the use of Finn Callaghan from
GWS. They will be moving him in the guts next year after a couple of years on the wing .

All that said eye test says just need the spot to let him bloom.

View attachment 2139124
Actually don’t think he’s a huge intercept mark but that could develop

Agree re wing role

He has natural endurance and beautiful ball use so it should suit him , big pre season needed but he will get that done has the drive

Looks like Tyler struggled to run out the 2km time trial today. Thought his stamina would have improved with 12 months in the system.
Went from a 7:16 2km in November 2023, to a 7:59 2km today.

Choose one of the following as an answer to your question:

A: Adelaide's conditioning program is so bad that a player's endurance regresses heavily after one year
B: We've seen one of the best examples of dropping a player's draft value to ensure he is bid on cheaply

Went from a 7:16 2km in November 2023, to a 7:59 2km today.

Choose one of the following as an answer to your question:

A: Adelaide's conditioning program is so bad that a player's endurance regresses heavily after one year
B: We've seen one of the best examples of dropping a player's draft value to ensure he is bid on cheaply
Lock in B Eddie.

Burgo wouldn't have allowed him to train off, unless he's had a huge month and a half on the food and cans since the SANFL season ended

Lock in B Eddie.

Burgo wouldn't have allowed him to train off, unless he's had a huge month and a half on the food and cans since the SANFL season ended
Also allows us to proclaim he’s smashing the preseason and doing PB’s, double win!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speaking to a mate this arvo who is based here but works for a Vic club, said no one was suprised with him running a poor 2ker but the fact that it didnt look like he had been putting in the work was a bad look.

There’s no way he didn’t tank. You could pick up a random joe off the street who looks semi fit and he’d do better than a 8 minute 2K.

Shame FS’s don’t fall under the same rules as NGA players, re: being Cat B listed after falling to the rookie draft

Would maybe allow us to draft a ruck with a later pick

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back