Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

There has been a lot of banging on about Tyler on here, must have, shattered if we don’t get him, now he’s had an average 2ker throw him out with the bath water🤦‍♂️
Rubbish. Jeff has laid it all out perfectly. He is talented and noone wants to throw him out. While the absolute magnitude of his 2K time trial is irrelevant, he has gone well backwards over the last twelve months athletically, with a ballooning body.
Have a look at his recent photos compared with those of a year ago. The implied lack of professionalism, especially in our AFL environment to some extent, is a red flag. He needs to be taken in hand and set on the right track.

He has lost no talent and we all want to draft him, but sweeping the problem under the carpet is the wrong appraoch.

Hey I’m a fan of his talent and want us to match the bid

I’ve been talking up his traits all year

But there some serious sweeping under the carpet going on in this argument

People have asked why he’s not rated higher despite some good performances , this weekend has answered alot
Exactly my thoughts if anyone cares to check.

Last edited:

Rubbish. Jeff has laid it all out perfectly. He is talented and noone wants to throw him out. While the absolute magnitude of his 2K time trial is irrelevant, he has gone well backwards over the last twelve months athletically, with a ballonning body.
Have a look at his recent photos compared with those of a year ago. The implied lack of professionalism, especially in our AFL environment to some extent, is a red flag. He needs to be taken in hand and set on the right track.

He has lost no talent and we all want to draft him, but sweeping the problem under the carpet is the wrong appraoch.
Can he play?

Rubbish. Jeff has laid it all out perfectly. He is talented and noone wants to throw him out. While the absolute magnitude of his 2K time trial is irrelevant, he has gone well backwards over the last twelve months athletically, with a ballonning body.

bigman eloquently explained it better than me ( as usual )

We’d go into a major deficit next year to match Tyler Welsh ? There is no actual way we would and won’t have to

We absolutely would regardless of cost. If another team grabbed the one father son we have been talking up for the past 3 years we would absolutely have to match.

Even if we don't think he is worth it - it is 100% worth it from a PR perspective.

If Geelong reached at 17, Sydney at 19, Richmond at 20 - you don't think we would match?

Yep.

mrw GIF

Art Loop GIF by Recreatives Agency
Dogs105matix likes this

Rubbish. Jeff has laid it all out perfectly. He is talented and noone wants to throw him out. While the absolute magnitude of his 2K time trial is irrelevant, he has gone well backwards over the last twelve months athletically, with a ballooning body.

Correct me if I am wrong Jeffcrowe - you said 17 other teams dont want him and we will rookie him?

Seems to me the so called draft experts are trying to hedge their bets now and say he is fat and nobody wants him, but at the same time saying the Crows will rightly draft him at the end of the day and its the right call.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guys in the midfield need to hav3 elite times endurance etc. But as a forward its more power and speed off the mark i wouldnt expect a forward to be running 7 min 2km time trial
I used to run competitively at 16.35 for 5km in my late teens but to do that you need to be putting in a lot of work over 120kms a week

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Guys in the midfield need to hav3 elite times endurance etc. But as a forward its more power and speed off the mark i wouldnt expect a forward to be running 7 min 2km time trial
I used to run competitively at 16.35 for 5km in my late teens but to do that you need to be putting in a lot of work over 120kms a week

I just want them to find the footy when it’s their turn

Correct me if I am wrong Jeffcrowe - you said 17 other teams dont want him and we will rookie him?

Seems to me the so called draft experts are trying to hedge their bets now and say he is fat and nobody wants him, but at the same time saying the Crows will rightly draft him at the end of the day and its the right call.
I want him

From what I’ve heard other clubs aren’t all that interested

I was questioning my judgement about it when friends would ask me why he’s not rated higher by draft media etc

If he gets bid on before pick 50 I’ll admit I was miles off today and got this all wrong

For crying out loud I bet you put your kids in the naughty corner!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Under these guys standards tony lockett would never of played because he couldnt run a great 2km time trial these things are over rated it comes down to can you get the football and have a good footy brain

I've been a huge Welsh fan but I agree his attitude appears to be a problem.
Given he's pretty much been full time already at the club to put on weight like he has suggests he's not listening to people around him
Yep and that’s all we are saying , we aren’t saying it can’t be overcome but to not mention it as a concern is sweeping things under the carpet

Almost ‘happy clapper’ like 😆 dare I say it

On talent I still think Tyler is a top 30 pick in this draft but there’s definitely more to drafting than talent

As for 3rd tall forward role , anyone here of a guy called Tom Lynch ? Built his game on endurance as that’s the role at 190-191cm

Or maybe labelling someone unfit that can run an 8 minute 2km is just not correct by any statistical measure? Or is ChatGPT wrong?
JFC. This isn’t that difficult a concept. We aren’t comparing Tyler to the general population. We are comparing him to his peers, you know, the people he will be playing and judged against, having regard to the professional competition they all aspire to be playing in.

And his peers shit all over his time from a great height.

You’ve clearly never played football, or have any idea how badly fatigue affects skills level. No point being able to football if you’re too tired to be able to compete.

And he won’t be standing you or I - he’ll be standing players who can chew through the kms and will punish him.

It’s laughable that you think his times aren’t concerning from a fitness perspective. And it’s even more alarming that he would let himself get to this position before he’s even drafted while under our clubs umbrella all year - a huge red flag for his attitude.

Do I hope he gets it right? Absolutely. But he’ll be coming from a long way back, and there are now valid concerns about whether he’s committed enough to do so.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back