Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It is interesting though that yet another SA prospect that was highly touted before their draft year slides out to be almost not a main draft pick

Even if he wasn't tanking the last 6 months like a good boy, it didn't sound like he'd be a first round pick.

Same last year with Ashton Moir. And many others before that.

It's not great when the talent we rely on most seems to hit a development wall before they even reach 18

Arlo Draper too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone just do a damn poll... Will Welsh be...
A grader
B grader
C grader
Out of the system in < 5yrs

Then we can all see who's right on him and who's not.
It's not a matter of who's right or wrong. Noone seems to dispute that he has talent. Noone can argue that he hasn't regressed physically in the last twelve months and developed a large paunch.

Noone can reallly argue that how he ends up on your outcome scale isn't entirely up to him.

We got special permission for him to play and train with us this year instead of the Eagles

First time we have ever done that.

Behind closed doors we have 100% guaranteed to take him. Let’s not be naive.

Watching the footage - he wasn’t trying at all. The weight is a concern but no question he will be a Crow
An interesting sociological experiment

Most 17 year old AFL wannabes are in a make-or-break year. Desperate to impress. Leave no stone unturned, push themselves to the brink.

Short term the drafting guarantee maybe decreased the urgency a fraction for him. Long term I don't think it will matter and I like what I've seen of him.

Korn HOT SEAT : Heat is on Adelaide , can’t miss , poor drafting history , recruiters are under the pump.
Crows should be winning a final next year

Clipped Ivan Soldo first, expected a bit more he must be getting tired.

Adelaide has traded 46 for Melb future 3rd .

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back