Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I def think we tanked him down the order. Why waste top picks when we can get him cheap. He will be a longer term project anyway.

Why would he be a long term project? He’s not a recent convert to the game or a bean pole. He’s played the game his whole life and tested himself towards being drafted. If he’s not up and going in 2-3 years then he’s never going to be.

Ok thanks, that’s kind of how I saw Draper too in YouTube highlights.

I find it hard to get enthusiastic about that kind of player. With a top 5 pick you really want (forgive me) “hurt factor”.

Average disposal is ok if they’re breaking clear of pressure and putting defenders under pressure by giving forwards one out contests.

Bickley floating the idea of us taking Draper @ 4 .
Then also noting a player like “Murpy Reid” is our other need because of his kicking.
Have seen numerous WC posters suggesting Murphy Reid being a flight risk as well.

Nothing against the kid, but regardless of whether the above is true, there's a lot of other options ahead of him for me at Pick 4.

Have seen numerous WC posters suggesting Murphy Reid being a flight risk as well.

Nothing against the kid, but regardless of whether the above is true, there's a lot of other options ahead of him for me at Pick 4.
Tbh I don’t know much about the lad except that he is meant to be a real quick thinker, footy IQ and a good kick.
I reckon Bickley may have meant take best available with 4 and try to get another first round pick or splitting and dropping back, didn't understand where Murphy’s name came from otherwise.

Is anyone thinking we should have taken WC F1 last year for Curtin which would have given us 3&4 in this draft (Maybe Lalor & Draper?) or happy with Curtin 12 months on?
Hamish will struggle getting 1 correct in the top 4 picks. He doesn't have the ability to pick 2 good players.
Maybe a Tasmanian kid as a double header
;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it's a joke but I don't think we've actually drafted many Tasmanians.
Jones, Siggins and Greenwood are the only ones I think, and Hugh was a Cat-B rookie.

Is anyone thinking we should have taken WC F1 last year for Curtin which would have given us 3&4 in this draft (Maybe Lalor & Draper?) or happy with Curtin 12 months on?
I maybe in the minority here but I would rather the draft picks. I can't see Curtin as a DEF or a MID. He MAY end up as a FWD but to me he a tweener. This draft with 3 @ 4 means you get 2 really really good mids.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back