Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Overpaid for ANB is a joke are you serious this guy has been top 5 in dees bnf the last 3 years and if he plays a similar role to the one he had in melb which releases izak into the mid like he did with trac we have under paid for him fmd

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Dude, not sure why you would make things up on a football forum, everyone here knows ANB didn’t finish top 5 in 2023 or 2022. And his role is a different world to Rankine, he does the same thing Keays does, just kicks a lot less goals. I’d prefer a shot at a gun kid than 3 years of a defensive forward that’s lesser then what we already have.

Very little new stuff in Gettable. Pretty funny that "Crows narrow sights on Pick 4" was just a 30-second response to a viewer question rather than an actual segment, despite getting top billing in the show's title. Pretty much all I've learnt from the last couple of weeks is that there's very little chance Lalor makes it to our pick, and that Langford is being talked about more as a consideration.
They throw that teaser in the title, and then put the 30 second response within the last 3 minutes of the whole video. They know Crows fans are fairly voracious consumers of online content so it's an easy way to get the viewers up. I just skipped through using the question text as a guide, and started from the end of the video working back.

Dude, not sure why you would make things up on a football forum, everyone here knows ANB didn’t finish top 5 in 2023 or 2022. And his role is a different world to Rankine, he does the same thing Keays does, just kicks a lot less goals. I’d prefer a shot at a gun kid than 3 years of a defensive forward that’s lesser then what we already have.
He didn't say ANB plays the same role as Rankine, he said that his role – and the amount of defensive running he does – will free up Rankine (much like he did at Melbourne with Petracca).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It should easily be four years. There's no reason to think ANB will be finished at 31.

The chances of getting a 100+ game player at 28 is worse than a coin flip, yet alone what quality those games should be.

You've also misunderstood that poster's point - ANB is absolute quality in our half forward line. He may be there while Rankine pushes more into the midfield or - more likely - he's there while we push Murphy out of the side, but he's a quality first 18 piece.

ANB was sixth in their B&F in 2023 and 9th in 2022.

Your complete underestimation of him doesn't seem to be mirrored by anyone else in the footy industry, or any other analysis of the Crows' offseason.

Are you suggesting he's fast because he can put in a decent time over 2km?

He was slow over 20m. No explosive break away speed. Can find space despite his lack of speed however.
Go through the top 10 every year in the 20m sprint and see how many became great afl players

Hint - not many

Of course speed is handy but so is endurance , work rate , ball winning , size , footy IQ and contested marking which he’s got

He’s got weapons it’s just that absolute speed isn’t one of them

Are you suggesting he's fast because he can put in a decent time over 2km?

He was slow over 20m. No explosive break away speed. Can find space despite his lack of speed however.
Dawson doesn't have explosive pace either..... Neither does Pendlebury, sometimes a great footballer doesn't have electric pace, they just have excellent footy IQ so know where to go to be the best option.

Every thing else he does on the footy field is great but you want to over look him because he lacks a yard of pace?

Dawson doesn't have explosive pace either..... Neither does Pendlebury, sometimes a great footballer doesn't have electric pace, they just have excellent footy IQ so know where to go to be the best option.

Every thing else he does on the footy field is great but you want to over look him because he lacks a yard of pace?
Langford has a cannon boot, but doesn’t have close to the kicking accuracy Dawson has

In my view, you’ve gotta have at least some level of athleticism (doesn’t have to be pace, can be as much as a nice sidestep) to be a high level midfielder. I haven’t seen that from Langford

He’s got a number of very good AFL traits, but I’m not nearly as confident he has the same ceiling as the quartet that’s been most talked about here

A quick brain is more important than quick feet

I’ve got a feeling we love Langford. Wouldn’t put it past Hamish.
Because he's got some elite midfield traits, had a good year, tested well at the combine and rated high again in Cal's latest draft order. It's getting a bit weird how much negativity is getting attached to possibly drafting him at the Crows.

Sam seems to be firming as pick 1, but I have to post this in here for Mutineer

----

Lots of requests recently for more vision of Sam Lalor. Given his injury restricted 2024 season we have to go back to 2023 when he was a bottom ager. Here we see him putting in a remarkably powerful game as an inside midfielder given he's a year younger than most of his opponents, bulldozing through stoppage or crunching in with tackling pressure. He found plenty of the footy, but was uncharacteristically a bit variable with his disposal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back