Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Its funny as at pick 4 we are just about the only side thats not been talked about in a pick trade for a side with a top pick. Its unusual for us.
List spots obviously so really the only possibility would be to trade down if our No.1 target is already taken and our 2nd target can be had a few picks later with a 2025 draft pick coming in to strengthen next year's hand.. It would be too expensive to trade up from pick 4 IMO.

List spots obviously so really the only possibility would be to trade down if our No.1 target is already taken and our 2nd target can be had a few picks later with a 2025 draft pick coming in to strengthen next year's hand.. It would be too expensive to trade up from pick 4 IMO.
Maybe. I have mused on that before and if we look to trade a few of our F3's for a F2 - I would not rule out North trading pick 2 for our 4 + F2 IF they are happy with any of the big 4 (staying inside the accepted top 4 players may give us an edge on that...possibly) OR if they then want to further trade down with a club who wants Jagga Smith say at 4. They could mop up extra picks doing that.

At Pick 4 (5) we will get Jagga Smith or Sid Draper.

Winning either way.
So long as we don't trade down or get cute, we should get a very good midfielder.

No excuses.

It is a stretch given that Rank8ne was deployed to midfield more this year and we didn't have ANB. No reason that wouldn't increase again, especially if Pedlar returns to fitness and starts delivering on his potential.
Would love Pedlar to hit his straps so Rankine can be unleashed as a full time mid

If only we had a list spot for late/rookie KPF Charlie West IMO just about the best contested mark in this draft as well as gifted athletically. Has had virtually no fanfare from any of the media drafy pundits but the AFL recruiters haven't missed him with a National Draft Combine invite where he tested well for speed (2.95 after testing at 2.92 at the SANFL preseason testing) anddoing well in the hops testing. capable chop out ruck as well.

Last edited:
Just my opinion.

I think I've finally settled o my top 10. Obviously Lombard and Ashcroft would have featured on the 3rd tier if available in the open draft.

1. Sam Lalor

2. Finn O'Sullivan
3. Sid Draper

4. Bo Allan
5. Jagga Smith

6. Josh Smillie
7. Harvey Langford
8.Tobie Travaglia
9. Aiixzander Tauru
10. Xavier Lindsay

If we hadn't used the pick on ANB I'd have taken Ollie Hannaford or Alex Dodson if either were still available

I wouldn’t be surprised if Langford goes too 3

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If only we had a list spot for late/rookie KPF Charlie West IMO just about the best contested mark in this draft as well as gifted athletically. Has had virtually no fanfare from any of the media drafy pundits but the AFL recruiters haven't missed him with a National Draft Combine invite where he tested well for speed (2.95 after testing at 2.92 at the SANFL preseason testing) anddoing well in the hops testing. capable chop out ruck as well.

I guess that the mid season draft next year will have some talented kids that didn't get picked up this draft so ideally we want to try and get a pick available for that draft

Surely this is reason enough to delist Burgess.

I think there are seasons for a number of calls but we don’t have the people capable
We have 2 players - Burgess & Strachan who are clearly not up to AFL standard, so what is the point in keeping them unless we cant afford to pay them out. Surely we are not fully paying our cap & can afford to pay out at least 1... which gives us another much needed pick in the draft.

We have 2 players - Burgess & Strachan who are clearly not up to AFL standard, so what is the point in keeping them unless we cant afford to pay them out. Surely we are not fully paying our cap & can afford to pay out at least 1... which gives us another much needed pick in the draft.
We need to make up some ground quickly, just pull the trigger, no we piss fart around

They aren't there to be AFL players though, whether we like it or not.

They're on the list to help our SANFL side stay competitive and help the kids develop. Now if we were to have some balls and drop Laird to the 2s to play with his mate Smith.....

They aren't there to be AFL players though, whether we like it or not.

They're on the list to help our SANFL side stay competitive and help the kids develop. Now if we were to have some balls and drop Laird to the 2s to play with his mate Smith.....
I'm more concerned about having AFL players on our list.

No point having backup ruckman who can't backup!

The SANFL have changed the rules to allow us to have better top ups.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back