Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

We have 2 players - Burgess & Strachan who are clearly not up to AFL standard, so what is the point in keeping them unless we cant afford to pay them out. Surely we are not fully paying our cap & can afford to pay out at least 1... which gives us another much needed pick in the draft.
Whilst ido agree..

There is zero chance we get rid of strawnie or burgess especially given the dragon has gone to gc..

We need ruck/kpf depth of atleast 3-4 players in the squad.

Whilst ido agree..

There is zero chance we get rid of strawnie or burgess especially given the dragon has gone to gc..

We are better off getting games into Toby Murray than playing either of these 2.

We can afford to lose at least 1 of these players to bring in a young ruckman or KPP.

I'm more concerned about having AFL players on our list.

No point having backup ruckman who can't backup!

The SANFL have changed the rules to allow us to have better top ups.
They have, but you've still gotta attract them. It's hard to say to interstate based guys "come over and play SANFL for less money". I suspect we will have more trouble doing that than Port.

They've got no shame bringing SANFL guys in on the false hope they could be the next Logan Evans, just look at Jez Mclennan who's left Centrals.

I don't see us taking advantage of those rules.

Whilst ido agree..

Geez, if thats the worry, then delist and pay Burgess out and draft Harry Boyd (rookie him or whatever). He is absolutely ready to go to step in at AFL level imo. They guy gets around the ground fine and he is hard to move and can get his own ball. Lots to like and I hate Norwood

They have, but you've still gotta attract them. It's hard to say to interstate based guys "come over and play SANFL for less money". I suspect we will have more trouble doing that than Port.

They've got no shame bringing SANFL guys in on the false hope they could be the next Logan Evans, just look at Jez Mclennan who's left Centrals.

I don't see us taking advantage of those rules.
Poer already have, so we would be stupid not to.

Let players know they are in front of our noses if we are looking to participate in the mid season draft.

Geez, if thats the worry, then delist and pay Burgess out and draft Harry Boyd (rookie him or whatever). He is absolutely ready to go to step in at AFL level imo. They guy gets around the ground fine and he is hard to move and can get his own ball. Lots to like and I hate Norwood
Yep, we are at a massive risk of derailing our season if ROB is injured as we have no other ruckman capable of playing 4 quarters of football.

It's crazy list management.

Poer already have, so we would be stupid not to.

Let players know they are in front of our noses if we are looking to participate in the mid season draft.
We would be I agree, TBH I see us more heading down the SANFL U21 route again.

Get Jack Michalanney in, maybe a couple of our other academy guys who might be eligible.

can you not stop GIF by John Crist Comedy

We would be I agree, TBH I see us more heading down the SANFL U21 route again.

Get Jack Michalanney in, maybe a couple of our other academy guys who might be eligible.
Not too fussed about our sanfl team, but crazy to keep players on our list who we know won't be AFL standard.

Last edited:
Massive difference between the 2 though, I mean Strachan is a dominant SANFL ruck.

Harry is an undersized ruck in AFL terms, I mean if clubs liked him he'd already be there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would a Norwood player really want to come over and play at the crows?..

No brown paper bags stacked with cash at West lakes…

Massive difference between the 2 though, I mean Strachan is a dominant SANFL ruck.

Harry is an undersized ruck in AFL terms, I mean if clubs liked him he'd already be there
I disagree. He is more than capable to come in and play ruck as he positions really well, marks well ad moves around the ground fine. Yes a bit undersized at 198 cms, but its his strength and positioning that will get him out of jail at that level imo

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back