Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe. I have mused on that before and if we look to trade a few of our F3's for a F2 - I would not rule out North trading pick 2 for our 4 + F2 IF they are happy with any of the big 4 (staying inside the accepted top 4 players may give us an edge on that...possibly) OR if they then want to further trade down with a club who wants Jagga Smith say at 4. They could mop up extra picks doing that.
Why would we want to trade that F2 away for. We should be looking at trading back a couple of spots and getting either a second rounder or a high Future pick. Why give ours away to move up 2 spots when the top5 are so even. Doesn't make sense to me.

I disagree. He is more than capable to come in and play ruck as he positions really well, marks well ad moves around the ground fine. Yes a bit undersized at 198 cms, but its his strength and positioning that will get him out of jail at that level imo
I just don't see it personally, he'd just jumped all over at AFL level.

Worth a shot as a backup ?? Sure why not but he's not and won't be a lead ruck at AFL level.

I just don't see it personally, he'd just jumped all over at AFL level.

Worth a shot as a backup ?? Sure why not but he's not and won't be a lead ruck at AFL level.
New ruck rules have made it much easier for strong bodied ruckmen to combat the more athletically gifted rucks in the actual ruck contests, not that Boyd would be any more than ruck back up at AFL level probably superior to Strachan given he's younger and far stronger, seems to cover the ground well at SANFL level.

New ruck rules have made it much easier for strong bodied ruckmen to combat the more athletically gifted rucks in the actual ruck contests, not that Boyd would be any more than ruck back up at AFL level probably superior to Strachan given he's younger and far stronger, seems to cover the ground well at SANFL level.

I don't see him being THAT much of an upgrade.

Not against giving him a crack mind you.

Can we delist a player after the draft?

Let's say Dodson is still there at 28 (unlikely) and we can get a deal done with Essendon for the pick before Port. Can we take him and then delist Burgess/Strachan after the draft? Or does the spot have to be open before the draft? Meaning we'd be putting Welsh in jeopardy waiting for the rookie draft?
I have been wondering re this. Time to call in the expert Vader

Can we go one over our total list size on the night (say pick 4, Welsh at 60 ish AND an additional pick we create thru using 2025 draft collateral? And then obviously need to immediately delist and pay someone out soon afterwards?

My gut feeling is no that’s not possible but defer to your potential knowledge re this.

Clearly if it’s NOT possible we may still look at delisting and paying someone out before the draft if we feel there is a reasonable prospect of taking an extra pick on the night.

I have been wondering re this. Time to call in the expert Vader

Can we go one over our total list size on the night (say pick 4, Welsh at 60 ish AND an additional pick we create thru using 2025 draft collateral? And then obviously need to immediately delist and pay someone out soon afterwards?

My gut feeling is no that’s not possible but defer to your potential knowledge re this.

Clearly if it’s NOT possible we may still look at delisting and paying someone out before the draft if we feel there is a reasonable prospect of taking an extra pick on the night.
No. There are 2 List Lodgements between now & the draft - 31st October and 13th November. I'm not 100% certain what needs to be done by each of these LL dates, but we can't delist any additional players after LL2.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 AFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back