List Mgmt. 2024 AFL Draft (Picks 13, 29, 36, 50, 94, 112, 130)

Remove this Banner Ad

I had heard some murmors of Port working with Sydney to swap 13 for 19,22 (maybe it was Collingwood complaining) but maybe now that Richmond has traded in more top end pics they would be more keen.

** I'm only posting this on the basis that if we are going to deal with Sydney, we are better off maybe dealing with Richmond **

It looks like they will hold: 1,6,10,11,18,20,23,24 as a minimum .... if we were happy to deal with Sydney would be be better dealing with Richmond, and would they be more inclined to downgrade 23 or 24 for 29 as part of the deal..... or we could give them Soldo back, surely he's still under warranty.
I think they will keep 23,24 till draft night. 23 is last pick on night 1. So they might get some good deals for both 23,24 on draft nights.

I think they will keep 23,24 till draft night. 23 is last pick on night 1. So they might get some good deals for both 23,24 on draft nights.

Good point, in that case thats simply not going to happen.

Ovbiously we have pick 13 now, but will move to pick 16 after the two academy players (kako and lombard) and a father son (levi Ashcroft).

When we have pick 16 we have picked:

Todd marshall
Mathew Lobe
Jasper Pitard

Adelaide also picked the great Ned McHenry

I think our 1st pick needs to be on a big bodied inside midfielder extractor to be the Wines replacement. Looking at Twomey's mock draft I'm not sure we're in the sweet spot to land anyone like that. We seem intent to only play SPP as a half forward, but he might be best placed to take that role.

I think our 1st pick needs to be on a big bodied inside midfielder extractor to be the Wines replacement. Looking at Twomey's mock draft I'm not sure we're in the sweet spot to land anyone like that. We seem intent to only play SPP as a half forward, but he might be best placed to take that role.
Langford, Lalor, Smilie, Bo Allan, Hamish Davis

With Richmond having 4 picks before us it will be interesting their approach. 1/6 would be pretty predictable but 10/11 mightn’t be as simple as best talent. I think one of 10/11 will be a KF Armstrong/Whitlock/Shanahan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Urquhart with a later pick is my choice for that type of player

We'll trade week is over in 4 hours.
Then we can all chill.
Nothing more regarding player moves and pick swaps.
Oh wait ...,..... forgot you can still swap picks up until and including Trade Night ☹️
It just never ends.

Until the pick before ours on draft night we have no idea.

I've a suspicion we wait and see who slides and deal with Sydney if it's nobody we are that keen on.

If Hotton is gone or Port trade with Sydney to split 13 I'm going to argue Dodson is really tough to go past. Best tap ruck out there but you could literally play him anywhere.

I do not understand why we would split 13 for more picks when we do not have enough list spots as it is - and need a mass delisting just to use up our current picks?

Ovbiously we have pick 13 now, but will move to pick 16 after the two academy players (kako and lombard) and a father son (levi Ashcroft).

When we have pick 16 we have picked:

Todd marshall
Mathew Lobe
Jasper Pitard

Adelaide also picked the great Ned McHenry
Don't forget Ben Jacobs!

I just want us to draft and develop a 200cm pure KPD. Esava is a dogs breakfast, Clureys done and Marshalls not up to it.

That leaves Aliir, Walsh and crickets.
Moss is 198.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 AFL Draft (Picks 13, 29, 36, 50, 94, 112, 130)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back