List Mgmt. 2024 AFL Draft (Picks 13, 29, 36, 50, 94, 112, 130)

Remove this Banner Ad

We are to heavily loaded with Mids forward of centre. Butters, JHF and Rozee are all splendid moving forward. Only Drew, Mead and Wines that seem to naturally defend at stoppage.

Blighty may have been on to something with JHF doing an apprenticeship at Half Back for a year or two wouldn’t be bad for his development. Similar to Connor playing Half Back or Full Forward, he has pace and you can not coach that, and it makes opponents fear the grass between them and him.

We have three elite players in Butters, Rozee and JHF, however there is no diversity in their games or their roles. If you were a share trader we have gonna all in on Blue chip stocks and failed to manage the risk associated with a poor run. However these lads have the flexibility to play multiple positions, let’s diversify our Quality and come together to be a better structured football team.

Bo Allan probably fits the bill to be honest

The quality past 6 or 7 is such that there is a number of players I'd be happy with between 13 and 29. Most of the elite mid's, will be gone by 13 I'd expect , but there a a number of tall's and smaller mid forwards to pick from. The more I watch videos the more confused I get as to who we take in those earlier selections.

How does Shanahan compare to Gerreyn?
Anyone else see a Rowan Marshall in Gerryne? I love this guy, I wonder if he gets to 36. That pick 29 needs to become 22ish for a chance at Hannaford imo. Gerryne or Sims will be available at some 40 I think. Then you could take a power forward with 50, which will become 43. There's plenty of them in this draft

So it's Christmas and this is what I'm hoping for.

13. Bo Allan, Taj Hotton or Jobe Shanahan
29. Ollie Hannaford or Hamish Davis
36. Kayle Gerreyn
50. taking a swing at a huge upside player like Ned Bowman
Benny Barrett
Rome Burgoyne

So it's Christmas and this is what I'm hoping for.

13. Bo Allan, Taj Hotton or Jobe Shanahan
29. Ollie Hannaford or Hamish Davis
36. Kayle Gerreyn
50. taking a swing at a huge upside player like Ned Bowman
Benny Barrett
Rome Burgoyne
Pretty good breakdown, hopefully a Hannaford / Davis type gives that explosive smaller mid forward type that we really need. A Lohmann type is a big gap in the list.

Pretty good breakdown, hopefully a Hannaford / Davis type gives that explosive smaller mid forward type that we really need. A Lohmann type is a big gap in the list.
Jesse Dattoli might be there at 29 for a small forward.

Davis is more of a midfielder, runner.

If you want nuclear explosive small forward albeit with a ACL injury, the guy is Taj Hotton. I'm not saying he's Gavin Wanganeen but he has the same type of instinctual timing in all facets of the game that you can't teach. If he tidies up his kicking, he will give that x-factor that would seriously complement Rioli.

Hannaford is just very good to watch as well.

I hope we keep 13 because it is still amongst a lot of serious talent.

I don't have a problem with us moving the other picks up to get a guy they really, really want, I mean, this is the draft to do that but I hope they have a couple of guys in mind and some guys could drop and usually in a packed draft, there are smokeys to be had.

And remember, Barrett is a goal kicking small with the engine of a mid. Super quick and agile. I think he killed it at the combine.

13. Hopefully 1 of the top mids fall. Or Bo Allan, Taj Hotton Joe Berry or Xavier Linsday
29. Jesse Dattoli, Ollie Hannaford, Lachie Jaques or Hamish Davis
36. Kayle Gerreyn, Charlie Nicholls or Lucca Grego
50. Angus Clarke, Xavier Ivisic, Archer Day-Wicks, Zak Johnson, Ned Bowman, Joshua Murphy, Kade Herbert or Phoenix Hargrave
Benny Barrett
Rome Burgoyne

Jesse Dattoli might be there at 29 for a small forward.

Davis is more of a midfielder, runner.

If you want nuclear explosive small forward albeit with a ACL injury, the guy is Taj Hotton. I'm not saying he's Gavin Wanganeen but he has the same type of instinctual timing in all facets of the game that you can't teach. If he tidies up his kicking, he will give that x-factor that would seriously complement Rioli.

Hannaford is just very good to watch as well.

I hope we keep 13 because it is still amongst a lot of serious talent.

I don't have a problem with us moving the other picks up to get a guy they really, really want, I mean, this is the draft to do that but I hope they have a couple of guys in mind and some guys could drop and usually in a packed draft, there are smokeys to be had.

And remember, Barrett is a goal kicking small with the engine of a mid. Super quick and agile. I think he killed it at the combine.
Dattoli isn't a small forward more of a general forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tobie Travaglia looks like a Parker pick. Strong, hard runner off half back. His kicking looks a mixed bag though.

Tobie Travaglia looks like a Parker pick. Strong, hard runner off half back. His kicking looks a mixed bag though.
Very much so. Looks a bit like draft year Will Day.

It’s a big gap in quality. Even with Narkle and Evans delisted we are over indexed on small mid-forwards, the problem is most are poor to average or at best developing.

13: Taj hotton- Or a slider whether it be a Allan or Reid type
29: Copper Hyens- Or Oliver Hanfaord, but realistcialy goes early 20's
50: Ned Bowmen- X factor, Literaly Kai Lohmon
Barrett
Burgoyne

Will preface my remarks by saying I guess we will trade picks36 and 50 for an early 20's pick. Then late picks with someone else to get a 40'ish pick to match a Barrett bid. Assume Rome goes to rookie draft.

#13. Allen or Lindsay or Hotten
#2?. Hannaford or Davis
#29. Gerryn
#4?. Sims or West or Nicholls or Polkinghorne or J Barrat (unless someone bids on Benny Barrett)
Rookies. Burgoyne (also maybe Monty).

Will preface my remarks by saying I guess we will trade picks36 and 50 for an early 20's pick. Then late picks with someone else to get a 40'ish pick to match a Barrett bid. Assume Rome goes to rookie draft.

#13. Allen or Lindsay or Hotten
#2?. Hannaford or Davis
#29. Gerryn
#4?. Sims or West or Nicholls or Polkinghorne or J Barrat (unless someone bids on Benny Barrett)
Rookies. Burgoyne (also maybe Monty).

No one would be trading an early 20’s pick for 36 and 50.

If anyone wanted to trade that pick, they would get a far better offer. 36 and 50 would be lucky to get us 34.

It would take 29 and 36 to trade into the 20’s somewhere ie 23-28, and we would have to find a team willing

No one would be trading an early 20’s pick for 36 and 50.

If anyone wanted to trade that pick, they would get a far better offer. 36 and 50 would be lucky to get us 34.

It would take 29 and 36 to trade into the 20’s somewhere ie 23-28, and we would have to find a team willing
But we are the nice guys.... So it comes back and other clubs repay us with kindness....

🙄

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 AFL Draft (Picks 13, 29, 36, 50, 94, 112, 130)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back